• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD and "Hop"

T-F

Hello-

I recently purchased a new DVD the movie "Hop" from someone selling through Amazon (it was not the same as purchasing directly from Amazon). The DVD plays fine on my PC & laptop + my DVD player for my TV.

Issues
- I am unable to make a copy of the DVD using the latest AnyDVD (I sent the logs over via email)
* AnyDVD's Rip Video DVD to Harddisk fails
* Copying via Windows Explorer or xcopy hangs during the copy​
- CloneDVD does not list the movie stream - just the extras. This is the same whether AnyDVD is enabled or disabled (screen shot attached)

There is a chance that this disc is actually a pirated copy (even though everything looks very professional and the DVD looks like pro-created - does not look like a DVD-R was used). The reason I say this is that AnyDVD shows structural copy protection but not even CSS - which is most definitely used on a real Hop DVD. I've seen this before on another DVD before that (again purchased from a person - not Amazon).

Understanding that AnyDVD/CloneDVD can copy the real Hop DVD, can you take a look at the CloneDVD screenshot (attached) - it is only picking up the DVD extra streams. I am asking because this plays fine on all my PCs' DVD players so it is possible that this could be used in the future as a protection method.

Thanks!

Attachments

• CloneDVD.JPG
    CloneDVD.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 13
please provide an anydvd logfile for the disc. We cannot identify the exact problem nor attempt to help you without it. The screenshot alone isn't enough

Being handled

This is now in Support via a ticket.
The "bit set" error in the rip you showed on your tickets and the region free status leads me to believe this is not a clean studio issue.
I've passed the info on to James and I suspect he'll support that assessment. One has to be careful about "freelance" sellers on Amazon. We'll get back to you on this one soon.

Back