• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD 2.9.2.9 beta

When, we will see a improvement in image quality. I think it can improved more.

Improved more? I was unnaware that it was ever improved at all. :D
My only real complaint with CloneDVD remains the quality of the transcoder.

It's a neat trick to break the window positioning on one update, and then fix it on the next update and call that progress, but the real deal would be a serious upgrade of the transcoder.

-W

My only real complaint with CloneDVD remains the quality of the transcoder.

-W

At which percentage on the quality meter is your main complaint about the transcoder?

Remember Yaris, I watch movies on 105" screen.
My complaints with the transcoder start at a lot earlier (percentage wise) than someone with say an old 25" CRT 4/3 screen.
Let it suffice to say, with all due respect, that given the cost, I (personally) expect the CloneDVD transcoder to at least beat out all the free stuff and most of the cheap stuff.

I want to temper my whine, by saying I do think the rest of the program is really slick.
-W

- New: Remembers window position
- Change: Program responsiveness if copy procedure is paused

what does these 2 changes actually do or mean?

- New: Remembers window position
- Change: Program responsiveness if copy procedure is paused

what does these 2 changes actually do or mean?

An old bug with CloneDVD could cause the program to open off-screen which would make it impossible to access. A quick fix was to uninstall and then reinstall. This was resolved in a more recent update but the program no longer would remember where you had it positioned on your desktop when you closed it and reopened it. This bothered some people including myself. This has now been resolved and the window position is remembered again.

The issue with the program responsiveness has to do with issues that could occur if you paused during the ripping process. On my system if I paused during a rip and then went to restart it the program was unresponsive and I'd have to cancel everything. This issue has been resolved now.

...the future for CloneDVD2

Hello,

January 1st is getting closer and I'm considering getting maybe all 5 lifetime licenses.
I have my doubts though about CloneDVD2 and CloneDVD mobile.
My biggest concern is about CloneDVD2 and all features that's currently missing.

These old threads are still "up-to-date" if you know what I mean.
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=233&highlight=end+frame
A lot better transcoder or an option to choose any encoder (free or commercial) could be added to the list of impovements.

So, what is the future for CloneDVD2? Are the developers working towards implementing any of these missing features?

Regards

who sais any features are missing. Nothing's missing. The topic you link to contains suggestions. Big difference, anyway about the future of CloneDVD2 you'd have to ask Elby since they're the developpers. Slysoft is only a licensed reseller.

who sais any features are missing. Nothing's missing. The topic you link to contains suggestions. Big difference, anyway about the future of CloneDVD2 you'd have to ask Elby since they're the developpers. Slysoft is only a licensed reseller.
It's me who's saying some features are missing!? This is a forum for CloneDVD2, right? :agree:
I must say I really don't understand you even bother posting your nonsense...

For support it is as mentioned this is a reseller not the author. So sending suggestions to elby is the best and only bet to get what you say is missing.

@ Charlie

But surely the Elby developers of CloneDVD2 (James?) reads it's own support forum?
Where else would they go?

James is a Slysoft developer. I'm really unsure if anyone from Elaborate Bytes does read these forums. I've never spoken to anyone from Elaborate Bytes.

To add some more confusion I just checked Elby site: (yes, I see the e-mail adress)
http://www.elby.ch/products/clone_dvd/support.php

Also found this:
http://www.elby.ch/products/clone_cd/index.html

Anyone who can explain?

What's the confusion? CloneDVD2 is an Elaborate Bytes product. Slysoft is a licensed reseller. CloneCD was originally an Elaborate Bytes product but due to changes in local copyright law Elaborate Bytes sold the product to Slysoft. Slysoft has continued the development.

Last edited:
@ DrinkLyeAndDie

Okay... My apologies to James the Slysoft developer.
Elby developers and Elby site is of no help and this CloneDVD support forum is not about
"Feature (software design) is distinguishing characteristic of a software item (e.g., performance, portability, or functionality)."
This CloneDVD forum is about... what?

Regards

Hello,

January 1st is getting closer and I'm considering getting maybe all 5 lifetime licenses.
I have my doubts though about CloneDVD2 and CloneDVD mobile.
My biggest concern is about CloneDVD2 and all features that's currently missing.

These old threads are still "up-to-date" if you know what I mean.
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=233&highlight=end+frame
A lot better transcoder or an option to choose any encoder (free or commercial) could be added to the list of impovements.

So, what is the future for CloneDVD2? Are the developers working towards implementing any of these missing features?

Regards
9. Is already done (best layer break handling possible)

7. Will be handled by AnyDVD.

I know Elaborate Bytes are working on at least 3. & 4. (13 & 14 are redundant).

@ Charlie

But surely the Elby developers of CloneDVD2 (James?) reads it's own support forum?
Where else would they go?
You are posting at the correct place. Don't worry.

James is a Slysoft developer. I'm really unsure if anyone from Elaborate Bytes does read these forums. I've never spoken to anyone from Elaborate Bytes.

Well, I do, and SlySoft is probably Elaborate Bytes biggest customer. ;)

Thanks James for answering. What do the Elby'S think of the
following suggestions for new features in CloneDVD2?

From the "old" wishlist:
8 playback audio on preview
11 set start and end frames in any title (with playback audio) (no menus, movie only)

It's good news the Elby's are working on 3 and 4!

New wishlist:
Improve transcoder or option to use other encoders (free or commercial)

regards

PS/ I'm both happy and sly...:cool:

Install question

Can I install v2929 in a separate/different folder than v2928 on one W7 PC without issues - I would be using either/or, and not both at the same time

Thanks

Can I install v2929 in a separate/different folder than v2928 on one W7 PC without issues - I would be using either/or, and not both at the same time

You can, but why?

You can, but why?

Thanks for the reply

I don't do this with AnyDVD because it's track record with new versions is "It just works"

I have a couple other apps that I got into the habit of installing the new release in a separate directory from its' previous version just in case the new release had a bug or two - that way I could revert back to the prev. version without having to reinstall it

C-DVD v2929 is only the 2nd version I've seen since purchasing v2928 - I'm sure I'll have no problems at all - and will uninstall v2928 after using v2929 a couple of times

Thanks Again

YOu dont need to do that. Simply keep the old installer, in case you found problems with a new version then uninstall it and install the old one.

Back