CloneCD wont even start burning......?

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by lilpee69er, May 12, 2008.

1. lilpee69er

lilpee69er New Member

I am running Windows Vista and version 5.3.1.0 of Clonecd.

I am having a problem when backing up my 360 games, I have the files on my laptop and an external lite-on dvd dl writer.

The problem I am having is that once I put the disc in (which it see's), pick my file to burn, pick the speed of 2x/2.4x the program starts to burn but then to timer just keeps going up and I never actually get any action from clonecd and after about 5 mins I cancel the burn and the disc is still blank??

Any ideas? The disc seems to be spinning.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

James

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

3. lilpee69er

lilpee69er New Member

Thanks for the link. I used that originally and followed it step by step. Ive got a pre-patched 360 file. Just clonecd wont start burning.

I have disabled antivirus/firewalls etc.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. Remove packet writing software from your system, including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.

2. What blank media are you using? Specify
    • brand name
    • type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, ...),
    • media code,
    • capacity/size,
    • batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and
    • country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).
    If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

3. For XP with ide burners
    Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP and an ide burner/optical drive.

4, Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader; see this example for instructions.