• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD 5.3.1.3 can't get exclusive access to drive

nor22

I recently updated CloneCD to 5.3.1.3 and now whenever I try copying a CD (I've only tried with audio CDs so far) I get the following messages after choosing both the reader and the writer (2 different drives):

"CloneCD can't get exclusive access to drive H:!
Please close all open files and folders, or any programs, that might access the drive!"

When I get to the step after choosing the writer the message shows 'drive I:'.

I don't have any files or folders open that might be accessing these drives. And, I am not running any programs that are reading from or playing files on these drives. EXCEPT, I am running AnyDVD 6.4.5.0 in the background.

If I just select 'Ignore', CloneCD will continue with the copy operation without any problems.

I just wanted to let you know that this was happening and I'd like to know if there is anything I can do that would fix this.

Thanks

Last edited:
But what changed with the latest CloneCD update?

The previous version didn't display this message, so whatever other process is triggering it wasn't a problem before.

I guess I have quite a few processes that could be the culprit:

several Media Center services and applets; maybe the latest version of Firefox (v3) is doing something here, but I doubt it; Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Configuration Application.

Like I said, I didn't have this problem prior to updating CloneCD and nothing else changed in the mean time.

But what changed with the latest CloneCD update?

Nothing. I don't think this is a Clonecd issue. I suddenly had the same problem, and it's because window media player was for some annoying reason, running as process when I never asked it to. When I killed windows media player, the problem went away.

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Configuration Application.

I hate Windows Media Player with a passion now.

Seriously click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=17692, and then click the link I list in that thread.

I use DvdInfoPro to change the booktype on my DL's (LG drive). I have always had this message using CloneCD. I have to close DvdInfoPro, however, the booktype does change.

With CloneDvd, I use DVDInfoPro to change the booktype on my Dvd +R's. I do NOT get this message. If I was to close out DvdInfoPro, the booktype does NOT change.

Even after closing all Windows Media Player applications and services, I still have this problem.

Like I said earlier, the only thing that has changed is the new update for CloneCD. The older version of CloneCD did not display this message even when there were Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player related apps running.

So, I'm not convinced that it is not a CloneCD issue. Maybe the update is running a test for a specific drive state that the older versions didn't and some other apps are not correctly resetting this state upon exit. Hard to tell.

If I were testing CloneCD as part of a QA team, I'd have to report this as a bug. But then again, I'd also be running a totally clean install... ;)

Last edited:
Even after closing all Windows Media Player applications and services, I still have this problem.

Like I said earlier, the only thing that has changed is the new update for CloneCD.

You never update Windows?

The older version of CloneCD did not display this message even when there were Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player related apps running.

Well, I didn't have this issue for a long time either--until a Windows update, but then I also noticed that a wmplayer process started running in the background.

If I were testing CloneCD as part of a QA team, I'd have to report this as a bug.

It could be a bug, but every time I've seen this situation happen on someone's computer, I eventually found the cause. This version of Clonecd has been around since June 13th. It's not July 11th, and you're the first person to reporting that something new is happening with drive access. I have tested Clonecd 5.3.1.3 on three different systems, two of them with dual boot OS configurations (Vista 64 bit ultimate SP1 / XP 32 bit Pro SP3) with over 10 different burners between them, and unless a process is blocking drive access, this situation simply doesn't happen.

Do this with Anydvd 6.4.5.3:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put an original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Last edited:
You never update Windows?

Of course I update Windows. But a few days ago, I was copying an audio CD using the older version of CloneCD. I had no problems accessing the drives. When I started CloneCD I got a message telling me that an update was available. I decided to wait until after copying that particular CD before going to the Slysoft website and downloading the update. Then after finishing copying that CD, I downloaded and installed the update. Immediately after that, I tried copying another audio CD with the newly updated CloneCD.

In that short period of time, I doubt anything else changed in my system.

Thanks for sticking with me on this.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_H_CLAPTON.zip
    86.8 KB · Views: 11
After ending/killing each one of these, try Clonecd again.

Kill IoctlSvc . . . typically that's installed with flash drives (used for autodetection)

Kill GoogleUpdate.exe. I guess you may have installed Google Earth, Google Gears, Google Talk, or something

Kill googletalk.exe

Kill Outlook, and if you still have BcmSqlStartupSvc running, kill that too.

End Excell

End Skype

End Onenote

Other than that I'm out of suggestions. I find myself unable to reproduce this issue, unless a process is in fact blocking access.

Back