• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD 5.3.0.5 beta

To me it looks like Slysoft really doesn't care about CloneCD anymore.

IMHO, a statement like this isn't beneficial to anyone. If anything it could be viewed as inflammatory.

It's always possible they are working on a release that will handle HD/BD. Remember Slysoft has also not released an update to Virtual CloneDrive yet, either. I find it doubtful they have abandoned either program.

There is a lot that we, as normal users, can't possibly know about the inner workings of the company and their reasons for releasing things at certain times.

I know they haven't totally abandoned these programs, but I can't see any reason why a company like Slysoft which can update AnyDVD 1 or 2 times a week sometimes can't update CloneCD or Virtual CloneDrive atleast once a month.

There is a lot that we, as normal users, can't possibly know about the inner workings of the company and their reasons for releasing things at certain times.

This is so true, but it would be nice to hear a word or two from Slysoft once in a while about whats going on etc.

I know they haven't totally abandoned these programs, but I can't see any reason why a company like Slysoft which can update AnyDVD 1 or 2 times a week sometimes can't update CloneCD or Virtual CloneDrive atleast once a month.

Maybe because clonecd don't need it ?

Protection on dvd movie is updated more often than pc-game protection.
I suppose, dvd movie protection can change on each DVD, that why anydvd need to be update twice (or more) a week, and not clonecd.

Same thing for Virtualclonedrive : there is too fews bugs to do an update each week.

So if you want that Slysoft just change version for nothing, i don't think they (developpers) do it.

How about HVD protections

I still can't copy some of my HVDs even with the new version. I know they're not popular in the west YET; but they're growing quickly now in Chicago and LA. And they're huge in Asia. In Chicago one of the stores in our China Town just started selling them now so my collection is growing a few times a week. If it's a matter of not being able to get your hands on one I'd be willing to send a disc your way so you can 'evaluate' it or whatever it is you guys do to them. Considering they're true HD video on a standard DVD sold [legitimately] for less than $15, once enough people get they're hands on them they're bound to really take off. My Chinese is only passing; but I believe the protection is called V-disc. When it copies in CCD it cuts the disc in half (or at a quarter or wherever the protection is located|) which really sucks.

I still can't copy some of my HVDs even with the new version. I know they're not popular in the west YET; but they're growing quickly now in Chicago and LA. And they're huge in Asia. In Chicago one of the stores in our China Town just started selling them now so my collection is growing a few times a week. If it's a matter of not being able to get your hands on one I'd be willing to send a disc your way so you can 'evaluate' it or whatever it is you guys do to them. Considering they're true HD video on a standard DVD sold [legitimately] for less than $15, once enough people get they're hands on them they're bound to really take off. My Chinese is only passing; but I believe the protection is called V-disc. When it copies in CCD it cuts the disc in half (or at a quarter or wherever the protection is located|) which really sucks.

Are you using Verbatim +R Double layer blank media? If you're using a single layer blank, then yes, I would expect your backup to be "cut in half".

Are you using Verbatim +R Double layer blank media? If you're using a single layer blank, then yes, I would expect your backup to be "cut in half".

No; for the most part they're single layer original discs to begin with. There's a bar (circle) in the middle of the discs that looks something like the initial ring used on older PC-CDRom games or the ring on DVDs that has the bar code on it, but rather than being in the centre of the disc it's in the middle. My player can read them fine, an LG Super Multi in my PC and a PlayAll Play Max home player, but I can't back them up with CCD. :(

No; for the most part they're single layer original discs to begin with.

Are you sure? Single layer High Definition video on a single layer disc? :confused:

Well, it's possible clonecd simply doesn't support these discs you're using, but what you're saying seems a bit weird to me.

I'm fairly sure the issue is the ring in the centre of the play area of the disc. I wonder if there is a way (command line/properties line) to force CCD to ignore or copy the blank ring, as in skip unreadable sectors or something like that.

:format explination:
HVDs are a little different than the other HD/HR offerings (WMV, HD-DVD, BluRay) in that rather than crank up the bitrate to astronomical levels they instead crank up the resolution.
It's the old (and I do mean old) comparison test. At a real high bitrate, a low resolution picture can be expanded exponentially without any noticeable loss in quality (within reason), which is why up-convert DVD players look great on blockbuster movies that are recorded on full DVD9 discs, but older stuff in low bitrates on single layer media don't look good at all.
With HVD discs, a special proprietary MPEG codec is used and the film is recorded at extremely high resolution at lower bitrates. The compatible players (and software on computers) downscales the image to fit your screen, making it look great on small and medium size monitors.
Think back to the old original outbreak of HD files on DVDs (ie T2/T3/Rambo III...) that had full High Definition WMV files (often about 3-5 GBs in size) included along with the full movie. This is just the next iteration of the format with a more standardized (and open) method.

Back