• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD

I'll wait... Thank-You!

I've purchased and used SlySoft software for several years. I have found them to be cutting edge and act responsibly. If anything is pointed out as needing improvement/tweaking, the updates are always there to get things fixed. I have every confidence when Clone BD hits the street it will be the product we all want and are patiently (??) waiting for... Thanks SlySoft... Sorry for the verbosity...:) RLW

That I understand and no one wants a rushed release. I waited patiently for VideoRedo to support H.264 video but they also had a beta so that all the kinks could get worked out.

Also BD-Rebuilder is not ready for release either but there is a beta and people at least know something out there is working. The only beta tester request I know of was for SlyPlayer. Was there a beta test for CloneBD?
There was never a request for beta testers for Slyplayer, only a request for Alpha testers for Blu-ray cloning software

That I understand and no one wants a rushed release. I waited patiently for VideoRedo to support H.264 video but they also had a beta so that all the kinks could get worked out.

It did take a while for them to release the H.264 releases, yes. Actually, I know someone who was a tester and they were testing it for quite some time before any of the H.264 pre-releases were available to the public. Slysoft is approaching the CloneBD work in the manner they wish and I assure you that development and progress is being made. CloneBD is not vaporware. It's not just something that they said they would release but aren't actually working on. It exists and they are working on it.

Also BD-Rebuilder is not ready for release either but there is a beta and people at least know something out there is working.

Yes, and realize that BD Rebuilder uses numerous existing programs to accomplish its tasks. I respect the hell out of jdobbs so don't misunderstand me but he hasn't gone and created something new. He took existing products and they are the backbone of the process.

It's public knowledge that Slysoft is working on it's own new in-house developed Chameleon engine for CloneBD and, in part, this new engine is being used - in a limited capacity - in the more recent releases of CloneDVD mobile. Slysoft is actively developing their own stuff which takes more time than simply using existing products. Slysoft is delving far deeper into the process of backing up Blu-Ray discs than other products that already exist on the market and that takes time.

Again, I'm not taking shots at jdobbs here. He's done great stuff and I'm a DVD Rebuilder Pro user.

The only beta tester request I know of was for SlyPlayer.

Nope. There has never been a request for testers for SlyPlayer. Quite frankly, as has been stated by Slysoft the SlyPlayer is lower on the priority list and it will be freeware. Actually, I think it is last. I don't work for Slysoft but they've pretty much stated publicly that CloneBD will come before SlyPlayer. CloneBD is mucher higher on the priority list and is being worked on but AnyDVD HD is the main product to focus on and with new changes in the Blu-Ray specs changes need to be made. We will also likely see anything that exists to combat Cinavia show up in CloneBD, as well, so that's more development work. CloneBD is something we all look forward to but removing the AACS and BD+ protections to begin with is a priority.

Was there a beta test for CloneBD?

The request for Alpha testers was, yes. No request for Beta testers.

There was never a request for beta testers for Slyplayer, only a request for Alpha testers for Blu-ray cloning software

Absolutely 100% correct.

Last edited:
AdBear and DrinkLyeAndDie - Thanks for the clarifications. I can understand their not wanting to us some existing tools like tsmuxer since no one knows the plans for this product. Currently it is free but I think there are plans by SmartLabs to eventually license it.

However, I hope they do plan to use the x264 encoder as its license is very open and can even be used in commercial apps and in every encoder shootout it always wins. Also some of the open source audio encoders and tools like aften and eac3to are excellent and also have liberal licenses.

You make it sound as if using these free open source tools is a bad thing, not sure why.

Good to know that their were Alpha testers for CloneBD and I do hope it is nearing completion. And I have no problems waiting even a whole year for it and I understand it needs to be a caliber above free tools since they are asking money for it.

I’ve been looking for this software for some time. Now I’ve got an Evo 4g that I’d like to scale Blu-Rays to. Is the Pavtube worth a try? I’d much rather get something from SlySoft. Can CloneDVD mobile work with Blu-ray ISO’s?

AdBear and DrinkLyeAndDie - Thanks for the clarifications. I can understand their not wanting to us some existing tools like tsmuxer since no one knows the plans for this product. Currently it is free but I think there are plans by SmartLabs to eventually license it.

tsMuxeR is like a phantom. Is it still being developed? It was big and then it seemed to vanish but it's a useful program. No doubt about that. That being said there may be better approaches, however.

However, I hope they do plan to use the x264 encoder as its license is very open and can even be used in commercial apps and in every encoder shootout it always wins. Also some of the open source audio encoders and tools like aften and eac3to are excellent and also have liberal licenses.

I can't say that I know what they intend to do in all ways. I only know generalities and that is even limited but if there are no licensing issues with the x264 encoder then I don't see why they wouldn't use it. Not sure I see Slysoft using eac3to or aften. Only the developers know this stuff. :)

Slysoft is very good about properly adhering to licensing for third-party software unlike other developers out there. Some developers [not jdobbs] don't spend much time worrying about pesky stuff like adhering to the GPL or acknowledging other peoples' hard work and ideas.

You make it sound as if using these free open source tools is a bad thing, not sure why.

In actuality I do not frown on the use of open source tools. If done correctly I believe it can be a great thing. jdobbs also isn't doing anything bad so I didn't mean to infer he is by using existing tools. I do, however, believe that innovation and use of custom built tools by a developer can be a good thing, as well. Slysoft isn't just taking existing tools, existing ideas, slapping them together, throwing the Slysoft name on it, and then charging money for it like other software that is on the market. I'm not referring to BD Rebuilder here, either.

Now, with regard to downsides when using [some] open source tools is when problems are encountered. If the tools and such used in Slysoft's product have a problem then Slysoft dig in and fix the problem knowing exactly how every tiny bit of the code works whereas with something developed by someone else it may not be as easy to go in and change things.

Good to know that their were Alpha testers for CloneBD and I do hope it is nearing completion. And I have no problems waiting even a whole year for it and I understand it needs to be a caliber above free tools since they are asking money for it.

I'd definitely rather see Slysoft err on the conservative side and take a little longer to release CloneBD than release it too early with possible bugs.

I might hold off on even buying a Blu-Ray burner until CloneBD's release. I really don't see the need for one at this point. I just remain extra careful when handling my Blu-Ray discs and don't let anyone else handle them let alone borrow them.

Last edited:

Another thing about CloneBD or SlyPlayer using existing open sourced tools is that if/when development stops on that tool or the original developers go off in another direction, then the developers for all the tools that use that underlying tool are left with a decision to make. Do they revamp their tool to not use that one program? What else do they need to use? If the code for the underlying tool is open, then they could possibly take the time to continue the development, but then what about other developers trying to jump on their continuing work? What if the code base is not open, what then?

Right now is an exiting time in the open source community as it relates to high definition processing, but as the format matures and time goes on, you'll see less and less tools being supported as developers move on to bigger and better challenges. That's good for innovation, but it leaves a lot to be desired for continuity and consistency. It's only smart to consider your options before you take something that's popular today and base your product on it, especially if you are asking people to pay for your product.

I would guess in their effort to learn this stuff and make something better that Slysoft is using all the free stuff available to them, but i think they are smart in wanting to base what will be a very important software on something that they control the development and direction of.

CloneBD apparently is not vaporware

I did no say it was vaporware - I simply asked if it was - as a challenge. All of a sudden we see all these comments and useful communication which seems did not exist before. I think it needed to be asked because of the very long development time (does it date back to early 2008?). It seems the key product AnyDVD HD is superb, and the rest should be easier, but obviously I could be wrong. Is it that complicated to split the video to two 25GB BD-R's for people who do not want the hassles of using multi software and steps?Products like Blue Cloner 2.4 are already there. Some say it works fine (others on the forum say it is junk) - and - has a good interface - though the poor English in the documentation etc. is suspect. Who knows? I have all the Elaborate Bytes software you sell and have been a satisfied customer. I will continue waiting .... for now.

Blu-cloner is just a rip off of others work. Basically they've just taken BD Rebuilder and Clown BD (Both free) and put their own front end on it and then charge you $60 for it.

how long is clone it all going to take
is it ever coming?

I don't know the answer to that question, but I will say I got a little impatient and coughed up the money for DVDFab 7 BluRay 2 BluRay and it worked remarkedly well. I was able to clone my Blu Ray movies and also I was able to make backup copies of my movies to BD-R 25Gb disk (RiData's $1.99 ea.) and I can't see any degradation from my original. I love Slysoft and own both AnyDVD-BD and CloneDVD and I hope Slysoft gets something out pretty soon because I believe DVDFab has a WINNER!

Think so too. I bought all Products of them, as they came out. But I don´t understand it is possible to develop a product over years, without no beta or a statement of development status or anything else. It must be a top secred project with a status like Area 51. Since 2008 the relase is February... 2012 perhaps. It is a little bit joking about potential customers. I bought DVD Fab 7 too and I am satisfied with this procuct. Best regards to all.

Think so too. I bought all Products of them, as they came out.

Great. :)

But I don´t understand it is possible to develop a product over years, without no beta

What you mean to say is that you aren't aware of any beta or test releases. If the testing is closed then how would you know? :p This is like asking if a tree falls over in the woods and no one is around does it still make a sound.

or a statement of development status or anything else.

Given the fact that Slysoft always delivers on its promises (ie BD+) I really don't see why they should have monthly updates or such with regard to the status of CloneBD. They've said they are developing it and are. Frank has made statements that it is being worked on many times now, as well. It's being worked on and it will be released when it's ready. :) I would also note using simple logic that any time we see a bump in the road with regard to BD+ and the like it's also plausible that this may temporarily slow down development while the protection itself is resolved.

It must be a top secred project with a status like Area 51. Since 2008 the relase is February... 2012 perhaps. It is a little bit joking about potential customers.

Given how long ago the developers themselves stated the product was to be developed it's probably one of the worst kept secrets. :p CloneBD is in development but AnyDVD HD is the priority.

I bought DVD Fab 7 too and I am satisfied with this procuct.

If you are satisfied then great but, personally, I'd rather take the equivalent amount of money in cash and burn it before I'd give that money to DVDFab. I don't say this because I am a Slysoft fanboi. I say it because my opinion of DVDFab is lacking.

Last edited:
Great. :)

What you mean to say is that you aren't aware of any beta or test releases. If the testing is closed then how would you know? :p This is like asking if a tree falls over in the woods and no one is around does it still make a sound.

Given the fact that Slysoft always delivers on its promises (ie BD+) I really don't see why they should have monthly updates or such with regard to the status of CloneBD. They've said they are developing it and are. Frank has made statements that it is being worked on many times now, as well. It's being worked on and it will be released when it's ready. :) I would also note using simple logic that any time we see a bump in the road with regard to BD+ and the like it's also plausible that this may temporarily slow down development while the protection itself is resolved.

Given how long ago the developers themselves stated the product was to be developed it's probably one of the worst kept secrets. :p CloneBD is in development but AnyDVD HD is the priority.

If you are satisfied then great but, personally, I'd rather take the equivalent amount of money in cash and burn it before I'd give that money to DVDFab. I don't say this because I am a Slysoft fanboi. I say it because my opinion of DVDFab is lacking.

What did DVDFab do to you? I am a Slysoft person myself, but I got tired of waiting and DVDFab's product is Excellent in all phases. It does it all in one program and if you want you can reduce your movie backup and put it on a BD blank that is affordable. Just can't see the problem with DVDFab. Enlighten me!

What did DVDFab do to you?

I don't believe my airing all of my opinions and grievances in these forums would be proper. I also do not wish to sidetrack this thread which is about CloneBD rather than the product of a competitor.

I'll simply say that I don't find the way that DVDFab has treated its customers to be acceptable, I don't feel that they do anything innovative, and I find Slysoft's software to simply be better.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I personally own licenses for some DVDFab software. The licenses were gifts. I certainly wouldn't have spent that money, myself. I have tested and used the software over the years and I find it lacking.

If I am going to deal with Blu-Ray discs then I'll use Clown_BD, BD Rebuilder and AnyDVD HD to do all that I need in the absence of CloneBD. I don't need DVDFab to do anything I can't already do.

Last edited:
I don't believe my airing all of my opinions and grievances in these forums would be proper. I also do not wish to sidetrack this thread which is about CloneBD rather than the product of a competitor.

I'll simply say that I don't find the way that DVDFab has treated its customers to be acceptable, I don't feel that they do anything innovative, and I find Slysoft's software to simply be better.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I personally own licenses for some DVDFab software. The licenses were gifts. I certainly wouldn't have spent that money, myself. I have tested and used the software over the years and I find it lacking.

If I am going to deal with Blu-Ray discs then I'll use Clown_BD, BD Rebuilder and AnyDVD HD to do all that I need in the absence of CloneBD. I don't need DVDFab to do anything I can't already do.

Thanks for your reply and just to say in my defense or my apology to you, I tend to agree with you and when Clone BD or whatever it is called comes out, I will be one of the first to line up and buy it.

Peace and Love,

Ralph

Doing It The Hard Way

One other problem you may encounter using the 'manual' backup method...

BD usually, but not always, has additional video segments where signs in the video, etc, are changed to an alternate language (e.g. spanish).

Following the documented steps, I had problems where I would get what appeared to be a good backup, but the video segments would sometimes be for the 'other' (not english) language...

I also eagerly await the release of clone blu-ray!

Thank you for all that information. It's so much to process.
However, I feel better now.:rock:

Back