• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD mess-up Harry Potter 1 BR movie 101 copy

JoeLev

When I try to copy the main movie extended version = playlist 101 of HarryPotter 1 BluRay (8-Disc Edition, Germany - the HP1 disc contains the original cinema version plus an extended version which is about 12 min longer) with no compression/encoding to play it on my Dune, CloneBD shows the movie seemingly correct in the preview window, but after finishing the copy and starting the movie in VLC, it has completely messed up the playlist and starts with a clip that is originally somwhere in the middle - totally unusable result

What kind of SW ist this ?? TSMuxer is free, very old and still does the job - at least it does not f...up the playlist - it only creates output with asynchronous subtitles - which is my remaining problem (same with BD Rebuilder) but CloneBD as commrercial SW totally messes it up.

Please advise how to do this with Clone BD.

Welcome to the world of screenpass protection. VLC isn't a licensed player and picks a random playlist it thinks is correct. That's a VLC problem, not a CloneBD one. Use a properly blu-ray playback licensed player such as PowerDVD and the problem should vanish into thin air.

Please provide an AnyDVD and CloneBD logfile.

It's the protection on the disc not the software as such, it'll be fixed pretty quickly once you supply the log files requested above, they're really good at that.

Cannot really be a VLC problem, as it plays fine when I use TSMuxer to extract the movieplaylist 101 (except for the async subtitles). It also plays fine when i use BD Rebuilder (same subtitle problem).

So i have 2 tools that create a correct playlist and Clone BD does not - there is only 1 playlist created also by CloneBD so there is nothing to "pick" from. Furthermore, i tried to play it on my Dune - same garbage.

Solved the problem myself by demuxing the async subtitles, downloaded subtitles for the extended version, re-muxed - done. Clone BD did not do the job. I do not want to spend more time on that - just disappointing that a 5 year old FREE tool does a better job than a rather expensive commercial tool.

Yes it can be. And unless you provide the requested logfiles, any potential Anydvd or CloneBD issue will go unfixed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Solved the problem myself by demuxing the async subtitles, downloaded subtitles for the extended version, re-muxed - done. Clone BD did not do the job. I do not want to spend more time on that - just disappointing that a 5 year old FREE tool does a better job than a rather expensive commercial tool.

Well, it's not like what you're describing is what CloneBD usually does, it appears to have a problem with that particular disc.
There may be a bug there, that probably can be easily fixed, if you supply a CloneBD log file.
CloneBD usually does a fine job and is easier to handle, than most of the other tools.
I'd say, your rant is a bit of an overreaction.

a 5 year old FREE tool does a better job than a rather expensive commercial tool.
For the task you used it for, CloneBD is totally FREE, people frequently seem to miss that.

Attachments

• Harry Potter 1 BluRay Playlist 101 extended version.cbdlog
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
For the task you used it for, CloneBD is totally FREE, people frequently seem to miss that.
Maybe not the reasonable commercial conduct, but couldn't that be mentioned in the program description on the elby site ?
Or is it already ?

Here you are...

also sent via mail to bugs@elby.ch

Ok, the good news is: that is an international release and I have that same disc here.
I just completed a partial copy with all the same settings you used and I don't see a problem.

Played back with a licensed Blu-ray player, everything is normal.
CloneBD didn't "fuck up" the playlist - it simply recreated the playlist the way it was.

The main movie consists of multiple clips.

VLC still can't handle Blu-ray playlists (even though that mechanism has existed for over 10 years now). VLC will just play the clips from the disc in the order they come. That's what you're seeing.
I have no idea why they never added that functionality, but with VLC there doesn't seem to be much development going on at all anymore.

You can let CloneBD create a single-file movie (MKV or MP4), that way it will assemble the clips to a single file, that you can play with VLC or other "non-Blu-ray media players".

The Dune player - I don't have one, but from what I know, it should be able to play the disc correctly, depending on how you select the "title". I know, that it doesn't always play well with BD-J discs (like this one), but CloneBD generates an HDMV menu when doing a partial copy (unless you select "maintain original menu") and that one should work fine with Dune.
How did you try to play the disc on your Dune player? (I believe it has multiple ways of accessing the content? Like pick playlists yourself vs. use the disc menu)

Back