• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had that type of power, Slyce would've been released ASAP, with a statement from Slysoft giving a polite, 'middle finger' to Sony and the people responsible for the Cinavia crap, saying "Fair Use, not this crap".

:D

Who cares about polite? Sony needs a rude "in your face" reminder that treating paying customers like criminals and pirates is not a good business model. I certainly am less inclined to purchase DVDs/Blurays that Sony has anything to do with because of their hostile attitude towards legal owners of their products.

Lol. I never said you could use your power for good! :D

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Curses!!

:p

Who cares about polite? Sony needs a rude "in your face" reminder that treating paying customers like criminals and pirates is not a good business model. I certainly am less inclined to purchase DVDs/Blurays that Sony has anything to do with because of their hostile attitude towards legal owners of their products.

And, on that point, I agree 100%. Sony deserves all the derision and scorn they're going to get once the Cinavia is permanently removed from all blu ray discs and DVDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been to the forum in years, mostly because your products have worked extremely well for me. So, I was just introduced to any info about Slyce. I was wondering if you would be offering your original customers who purchased your suite with the lifetime free updates with an offer of lifetime free updates on this new program when it comes out?

They haven't announced any pricing/licensing info yet. We don't even yet have a firm release date other than "hopefully in 2012". Once they get closer to release they may start to release those kinds of details. I'm hoping for a lifetime license myself.

They haven't announced any pricing/licensing info yet. We don't even yet have a firm release date other than "hopefully in 2012". Once they get closer to release they may start to release those kinds of details. I'm hoping for a lifetime license myself.

Slysoft did retract their original plans for doing limited time only licensing, so I don't see them not offering lifetime licensing, if only for an introductory time.

Slysoft did retract their original plans for doing limited time only licensing, so I don't see them not offering lifetime licensing, if only for an introductory time.

Sure, it seems incredibly likely they'll have a lifetime option. The point was nothing's been announced in that regard at this point. We'll know more once the release gets closer but I'd be surprised if a lifetime option wasn't available.

Slyce is planned to be a normal "product" and as such will be offered as a 21-day try-before-buy like all our other products. There are no estimates at the moment about pricing and of course all possible license increments will be offered.

We have all the beta testers we need at the moment, thank you, and things are progressing.

I have begun playing around with the latest compile and things are moving along well when I look back to the version we sent out to the translators.

Yes, thanks for the update... @James comments also are making this seem like an app that we could all definatly benefit from (sonner than later ;) ) but the anxiety is starting to tear me up.. :bowdown:

Just had to thank you guys for keeping us updated.
TVO

Sure, it seems incredibly likely they'll have a lifetime option. The point was nothing's been announced in that regard at this point. We'll know more once the release gets closer but I'd be surprised if a lifetime option wasn't available.

Maybe to relieve the boredom and angst while we wait for Slyce to be finished and released we could have a rousing debate on how many Slysoft programmers can dance on the surface of a Bluray disc, eh? ;)

Maybe to relieve the boredom and angst while we wait for Slyce to be finished and released we could have a rousing debate on how many Slysoft programmers can dance on the surface of a Bluray disc, eh? ;)

Now, is that while the disc is playing, or just while it is sitting on my desk?:doh:

Will this proggie remove Cinavia protection as well? If not, then it'll be just another useless proggie IMO. Ppl can already do this with Ripbot which is a freeware. I know many ppl are getting annoyed with the Cinavia errors on screens with backups already.

Yes, I would agree, but Slyce still should be good to build a correct valid back-up with compression, even if it does not contain the Cinavia cure.

I would be curious to see how many software player DVD fans still think that the Cinavia is not a problem when the non-trial version of PDVD 12 reaches the marketplace.:agree:
Start to stockpile an executable icon of your current software player software, it may be worth something in the near future, like currently free of the Cinavia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think keeping an icon will help, I think you mean keeping an older installer

One thing I would like to see eventually is a command line ability to run Slyce, maybe something similar to what the gurus came up with for CloneDVD with tcclone.exe.

One thing I would like to see eventually is a command line ability to run Slyce, maybe something similar to what the gurus came up with for CloneDVD with tcclone.exe.

That sounds like it could be useful it you happened to have an extensive media library which you wanted to shrink in a generic fashion... Not sure how that would work with any ISO's that would need to be mounted from the same command line using VCD(?)

That sounds like it could be useful it you happened to have an extensive media library which you wanted to shrink in a generic fashion... Not sure how that would work with any ISO's that would need to be mounted from the same command line using VCD(?)

With a proper script it shouldn't be that hard to automate the process for ISOs. I just don't have the script-fu to do such a task, I would gladly use someone else's script if Slysoft did release such a utility.

I don't hold out a lot of hope such a BD tcclone tool will get released, especially when Slyce gets initially released, because as the write-up for tcclone points out it was a developer tool that the developers decided to release into "the wild", sans support.

I just came across this thread - this is really good news. Can't wait to get it. Thumbs up!

I just came across this thread - this is really good news. Can't wait to get it. Thumbs up!

If you are refering to SLYCE - Slysoft's Blu-Ray backup tool, no it is not ready yet. But Slysoft said it will be released sometime in 2012!8)

This is very Impressive. Slysoft once asked for testers. I would like to test Slyce if there is still an opening. I have tested many Adventure games and have a lot of programming experience but of course this program is a little out of my line. I have a quad 4 Asus Sabortooth so I can test on a new computer as well. Of course I have no idea how far along this process is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back