• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Assumption

You are correct goncal

@Humphammer
Don't forget that when BD_RB first went public it too had its issues. Read some early posts and see what I mean. Even Jdobbs was surprised at all the bugs that were popping up.

@Pete
If you want me to run some tests and post logs let me know. If you need specific discs tested, and I have them, I'll do them.

however although I make an occasional donation to JDobbs it is free and has always been marketed as a beta.

Because he keeps adding options that make him keep the beta status, although it's really stable.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

That's what bd-re's are for, no need to waste blanks or but expensive double layer ones. If it doesn't work, erase and try again.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

If it is your desire to be a beta tester using bd-re's is exactly the thing to do.....I enjoy golf and fishing too much for that and simply wanted a product that would do the job like the old CloneDVD did. As I said hopefully they will make it a usable product for me when my BD DL's are used up I'll give it a try. BTW define expensive....the double layer ones are about $1.25 more per disc than the BD 25's and I can make a perfect mirror backup in about 1.5 hours using ImgBurn's slowest burn speed, a tradeoff that does not seem overly expensive to me.

Last edited:
$1.25 is expensive compared to SL that can be .50 or less. But desire has nothing to do with it, that's just common sense and being on the safe side ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

It's working for me

but surely you can understand my point of view as well. I have used BDrebuilder for several years and read your posts from that site as well. I wanted something that did the entire process like cloneBD promised. I tried three backups with the trial version. One played fine, the other two were out of sync with the audio, and had jumpy video, but all were useless to me because of the watermark. I then purchased CloneBD, to remove the watermark and have not had a single successful backup out of five tries since. I'm not complaining, just trying to justify why some folks went ahead and purchased CloneBD. I didn't want to use the trial version for several months until the bugs were corrected and still not have a watchable product. After the failures I purchased 50 Verbatim 50GB DL for about the same price as the lifetime CloneBD subscription and when those are gone in a couple years I'll give CloneBD a try again and hopefully the bugs will be worked out by then.

I bought it after trying it back in Jan. I have had some problems with it initially, but I have copied over 40 movies with it so far. All my problems have been addressed so far. I only burn to HDD though. The only real drawback has been the Lionsgate playlist, and that's not the software issue.

Oh I am sure the finished product will

I bought it after trying it back in Jan. I have had some problems with it initially, but I have copied over 40 movies with it so far. All my problems have been addressed so far. I only burn to HDD though. The only real drawback has been the Lionsgate playlist, and that's not the software issue.

work as advertised. Burning to HDD though would not help me. I have a 400 disc Blu-Ray changer and unless I make a backup for my children to watch they are forevermore opening the changer and swiping my movies to watch in their own space. That is a two fold problem.....I might get the movie back in a couple weeks and it causes the changer to lose it's memory of the movie making it necessary to reprogram that movies info back in.....which can be a pain in the butt.

well it is the norm for ch3vr0n

not a war, just wondering what made him change his mind in just 2 months after buying without so much as a topic about what's giving him errors or about sending logs to elby. That doesn't help much either, that's all. I'll leave it at that

start war , put out fires, in my opinion ch3vron like's to kick the legs out from under people... just because you have been assisting in the development of this product does not give you the right to treat people like they are beneath you.. being close minded does not expand knowledge... who knows some one may have a great idea... sending logs files to elby does stink.. it should be easier.. in general most compare the fine products that slysoft / elby do have, and expect as much.. yes I do understand growing pains..
I don't send log files to them due to the volume that they are receiving now it "must" be overwhelming .. I do read in this forum. I stopped voicing my opinion here until now ch3vron I am not stupid and I do not deserve to be treat as such. belittling never works ! bad opinion's are formed and it does chase people away....

but will say it again. If they truly wanted it tested, and wanted folks to use it in the trial mode until they are thoroughly satisfied with the results before buying they would have dropped the watermark for the trial version. Who the hell wants to spend hours tying up their computer only to have (if it does indeed work) a backup with a huge beaver taking up the upper right corner of the screen. Have you seen how big that watermark is on an 80 inch big screen? Maybe some folks are cool with it, but at least for me it totally makes the trial version useless.....I'm not wasting my time making backups that no one wants to watch.
You do understand the concept of 'Trial'? You test it to see if it does what you want, if it does then you buy it and it removes the beaver, if it doesn't then you don't buy it and wait until it's working with what you want.

Having a watermark is nothing new, lots of companies put them in on trial versions to stop people from just using them on multiple systems for free or imaging their system back and constantly re-installing the software.

The 400 disk changers are a pain

work as advertised. Burning to HDD though would not help me. I have a 400 disc Blu-Ray changer and unless I make a backup for my children to watch they are forevermore opening the changer and swiping my movies to watch in their own space. That is a two fold problem.....I might get the movie back in a couple weeks and it causes the changer to lose it's memory of the movie making it necessary to reprogram that movies info back in.....which can be a pain in the butt.

I have one collecting dust now. I purchased a QNAP raid to store all my movies (over 600). My disks are in their cases in a storage drawer. Having to reprogram that machine after each disk in removed got old. I also moved twice and had to remove all and reinstall before and after shipment. It took over 3 months to copy all my disks to HDD. I am having to redo some as MP4 because my Samsung TV will not accept HD audio.

For the love of God

You do understand the concept of 'Trial'? You test it to see if it does what you want, if it does then you buy it and it removes the beaver, if it doesn't then you don't buy it and wait until it's working with what you want.

Having a watermark is nothing new, lots of companies put them in on trial versions to stop people from just using them on multiple systems for free or imaging their system back and constantly re-installing the software.

Adbear what have I said in any post I've made that would suggest that I did not fully understand the concept of a trial, or know exactly what risk I was taking before I decided to purchase CloneBD? You and Ch3vr0n make it seem as though anyone who did not thoroughly test before buying was some sort of idiot, so I was just trying to point out at least from my perspective why some folks might not have taken full advantage of the trial before purchasing. I made three backups with the trial.....one worked, two were a bit out of sync with the audio and had jumpy video. Had I made twenty backups and had they all been successful they would have all been shredded just like the three I made, because I am not going to watch, nor expect others to watch a movie with a watermark on it. So I took a leap of faith based on my past experiences with Slysoft, and purchased it to remove the watermark, and have not complained about doing so. I am sorry if you don't understand that concept, but as you can see by the number of posts I have on this forum I have neither the time nor desire to be a beta tester.

Last edited:
Wow Jim that is a lot of movies

I have one collecting dust now. I purchased a QNAP raid to store all my movies (over 600). My disks are in their cases in a storage drawer. Having to reprogram that machine after each disk in removed got old. I also moved twice and had to remove all and reinstall before and after shipment. It took over 3 months to copy all my disks to HDD. I am having to redo some as MP4 because my Samsung TV will not accept HD audio.

My 400 disc changer is less than half full. I have not had to do a full reprogram I am sure that would be a pain in the fanny.

Clone bd assumption

Why don't you all do yourselves a favour and buy DVDFAB ? Better than getting patronised by the likes of chevron.
Not only that, - it just WORKS!

Why don't you all do yourselves a favour and buy DVDFAB ? Better than getting patronised by the likes of chevron.

When posting in the CloneBD forum please don't be a shill for another product.

Ok, time to set some things straight here.

start war , put out fires, in my opinion ch3vron like's to kick the legs out from under people... just because you have been assisting in the development of this product does not give you the right to treat people like they are beneath you.. being close minded does not expand knowledge...

I'm not kicking the legs out from under anyone, nor am i treating anyone as if they're beneath me. All i did was present the facts as to what restrictions developers often put in place on trial software.. It is not my fault you don't seem to grasp that adding a watermark is perfectly normal and acceptable in trial software. That's just one of the options developers have (as i said in an earlier post). I'm definitely not close minded, if you'd know me you'd know i was very open minded. Hell i'm all for "open source" :p.

sending logs files to elby does stink.. it should be easier..

In what way does it stink? How can it be easier than clicking on the button that sais "send log to elby" when an encode fails. That's right, all it takes is the push of a button WITHIN the software. And if the user spots a problem after an encode supposedly completed succesfully, he can pull that button up by pressing the alt key on the keyboard. How hard is that?

in general most compare the fine products that slysoft / elby do have, and expect as much.. yes I do understand growing pains..

And i'm right there along with them with high expectations, i just have the patience and understanding to know that creating an easy to use software to fully support the dozens of variations the blu-ray standard allows isn't easy. I also understand that the software now has barely been out for a few months, it still needs a lot of work and isn't even fully feature packed as slysoft wants it to be, but they have to release it at some point to catch bugs. Internal testing can only do so much.

I don't send log files to them due to the volume that they are receiving now it "must" be overwhelming

Now that doesn't make sense, that's exactly what you SHOULD do. Send in the logs, neither you nor i know if you encounter an existing bug, a new one, or a new codec variation that isn't supported yet or spotted by someone else. Unless that log is sent it cant be fixed/supported until someone else would encounter that precise issue.

.. I do read in this forum. I stopped voicing my opinion here until now

If you read the forum as you say you do, you should read that every time a user encounters an issue they are requested to provide a log. If you don't (want to) do it, that is not elby's nor slysofts fault but your own.

ch3vron I am not stupid and I do not deserve to be treat as such. belittling never works ! bad opinion's are formed and it does chase people away....

It's Ch3vr0n :p and i don't think your stupid nor have i treated you as such. I simply present the facts as they are, and maybe i am a bit direct in saying things but that's simply for the fact that nobody can twist my words or their meaning.

A favor and buy that thing? You're joking right? Not only does that thing compromise speed over quality, it isn't even a match versus freeware alternatives that just work too and a lot better. If you want to advertise that thing, its fine but do it in the 3rd party software section.

Better than getting patronised by the likes of chevron.

For starters, i'm not patronising anyone, but sure as hell sounds like u are. I've never interacted with you so don't judge me until you do.

Now, can we get back on topic instead of dissing me?

" I have interacted with you and you do judge people"
I must just aggravate you to know end ch3vr0n.. to break every single little thing down the way you do is belittling.. maybe it Is the way you word things or in this case write / text. I know it takes time to break sentences down like that ! you do have a thought process.... maybe you should stick with beta testing /code. words are not your for tae.

If half the things you said weren't incorrect I wouldn't have to break it down to set things straight. Took me all in all 5min to write that. Again u need 'correcting', I never said I code, I'm only doing my part which is testing / sensing in logs (which you should do too) & translating.

Words not for my take? Now who's belittling again? Sure isn't me. And I don't judge, as I said I only presented the facts as most of us know them. But that's it, u can twist my words all u want. I'm done with this 'discussion'. I'm not going to argue over something that's not worth my time. Feel free to continue this on your own.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I will not pay for something then be expected to spend my free time helping to fix it. It should not have been released as a complete retail software program in it's past and present state. I'm sorry but that's just how I feel about it. You can hurl insults, trash me to your shriveled little heart's desire, I could really care less. You can paint all the lipstick on this pig that you want, but it's still a buggy PITA to use pig and probably will be for some time to come.

Last edited:
I will not pay for something then be expected to spend my free time helping to fix it. It should not have been released as a complete retail software program in it's past and present state. I'm sorry but that's just how I feel about it. You can hurl insults, trash me to your shriveled little heart's desire, I could really care less. You can paint all the lipstick on this pig that you want, but it's still a buggy PITA to use pig and probably will be for some time to come

I would suggest dealing directly with customer support regarding your view/issues/dissatisfaction. Posting here won't accomplish much of anything and without specifics there is even less that can be accomplished. It shouldn't come as a surprise that when you post in a user-to-user support forum for a product that negative attacks will be met with reactions by some that push back with just as much force. There have been more than a few strongly negative attacks. Does that make either right? Frankly, no. That said, one can voice their opinion and dissatisfaction in ways that are less inflammatory and more conducive to actually fixing problems.

You've made your opinion clear and you are free to do so. Now it's up to you to do something about it that will satisfy you. Take that up directly with customer support.

Last edited:
Back