Clone CD won't burn at 4x

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by Hawkstein, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Hawkstein

Hawkstein New Member

Hey there, I'm having trouble backing up my PS1 games. The images I got from my games work fine on emulators, but for some reason whenever I burn them onto a CD using cloneCD - I have tried Alcohol 120 too, by the way - they won't work on my modded ps1!

I am at a loss and the only problem I can see is that my CDs aren't burning at 4x speed. Let me explain...when I choose the Write Speed when I'm burning the cd, I choose 4x (600 kb/s). However, when the image is actually burning, it burns at 8x (1200 kb/s). It does the same thing when I try Alcohol 120%. I have no idea how to fix this, please help!

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

It's not really Clonecd that won't accept a 4x burn speed--but your burner, especially since you're duplicating the same thing in two different programs. And it's probably a limitation of your burner's firmware with respect to the blank media you're using.

Not being able to burn at 4x is not necessarily a bad thing, and it may in fact be too slow of a burn speed with the blank media that you're using.

Use Maxell CD-R Pro (these are Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, and Taiyo Yuden cd-rs only. If you're not, (especially if they aren't made in Japan), they're probably junk blank media.

Also, you probably require a mod chip for your PS1.