• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone CD won't burn at 4x

Hawkstein

Hey there, I'm having trouble backing up my PS1 games. The images I got from my games work fine on emulators, but for some reason whenever I burn them onto a CD using cloneCD - I have tried Alcohol 120 too, by the way - they won't work on my modded ps1!

I am at a loss and the only problem I can see is that my CDs aren't burning at 4x speed. Let me explain...when I choose the Write Speed when I'm burning the cd, I choose 4x (600 kb/s). However, when the image is actually burning, it burns at 8x (1200 kb/s). It does the same thing when I try Alcohol 120%. I have no idea how to fix this, please help!

It's not really Clonecd that won't accept a 4x burn speed--but your burner, especially since you're duplicating the same thing in two different programs. And it's probably a limitation of your burner's firmware with respect to the blank media you're using.

Not being able to burn at 4x is not necessarily a bad thing, and it may in fact be too slow of a burn speed with the blank media that you're using.

Use Maxell CD-R Pro (these are Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, and Taiyo Yuden cd-rs only. If you're not, (especially if they aren't made in Japan), they're probably junk blank media.

Also, you probably require a mod chip for your PS1.

Back