• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone Blu Ray Software

As a very general rule or guideline, NO MORE than 10% to 15% compression and the human eye can not see a difference in video quality.

:agree:

Compressing to BD9 or BD5 doesn't retain the true 1080p resolution either. Another words might as well buy the standard DVD if you are going to do that... Upscale to 1080p yes retain the true resolution no. There is a big difference.

Charlie, I am absolutely shocked and appalled at your statements. I have been building a library of BD9 discs for the past few months, and for you to claim the picture quality resembles no more than an upconverted 480p DVD is utterly ridiculous.

One of the main reasons that I collect BD9s is to replace my current library of DVDs. I can tell you with no hesitation that the BD9 versions are far and beyond better than the DVDs... they have a much sharper and cleaner picture, as well as vivid and more realistic colours, just like the original BDs. Don't believe me? I've seen The Dark Knight in both the original BD version and the compressed BD9 version, and they're both equally spectacular, particularly during the IMAX sequences. When I watch regular DVDs now, I'm turned off by the dull images, muted colours, added edge enhancement, and everything else that delivers an overall muddy picture compared to both BD and BD9. Oh yes, and I'm using a Sony 52" LCD hooked up via HDMI to a BDP-S350.

There is absolutely no 'big difference' to be found between BD and BD9 discs. There can potentially be some small differences, usually found if a movie is quite long and/or the encoding was done poorly. In these cases, you will see macroblocking in certain scenes (usually dark scenes), but the overall picture resolution will remain the same. The x264 codec does not say to itself "oh, I don't have enough bitrate on this 7.95 GB disc to handle absolutely everything on this frame. I think I'd better bump my resolution down to 480p." Yeah, right.

As a very general rule or guideline, NO MORE than 10% to 15% compression and the human eye can not see a difference in video quality.

This may be a somewhat acceptable rule for the archaic MPEG-2, but h.264 obviously has a much larger margin of tolerance.

Visor

Hmmm, 'there is no big difference between BD and BD9'?

So you're saying that BDs with main movie files well over 30G are just wasting space? All that extra info in there is just padding?

Logically, information has to be taken away to make it smaller. There certainly is a difference. Whether you consider that difference to be 'big' (i.e. visible/audible) is another matter. If you're saying that you'll settle for the quality of a BD9, then fine.

With compression, I'll stick to 'the more bits, the merrier'.

slysoft Clone BD

I bought this (great)????????? product after trying it out but when it came down to the crunch and trying to get it to do different things, sending upteen e mails to them I was told time and time again and I quote them " it is in the works. So many problems . so many issues Worst of wall I wanted to check out how it was viewed on the internet and found out some very interesting information, and as a result I have requested my money back. This company should never have approved the sale of another companies product when it is in TRIAL version because it most definitely is in Trial version. What they should have done is gave it out as a full version to those of us who have been loyal supporters (I bought clone DVD and anyDVD when they first came out) about 10 years ago, long enough ago that when I went to upgrade ANYDVD to ANYDVDBD I had to contact them for my old e mail address. They were great at getting back to me so again I do not understand why they would have allowed this to occur> If management reads this; guys you should have given it out to the loyal guys on a 60 day trial or something. Here is my latest reply

Dear Gordon Mayer,
vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail.
Full subtitle support is currently still being worked upon.
Please download and install the latest CloneBD version from the Elby website: http://elby.ch/download.html.
This version fixes some of the known bugs.
We apologize on Elby's behalf for any inconvenience caused.

Sorry but I am not a computer guru and when I buy something it either works or it goes back. Tough words but there are other products out there that work... I feel totally ripped off. Why buy something and then have to wait for something simple like allowing subtitles on movies (try watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes, or Dawn of the Planet of the Apes without subtitles I do not speak Ape, or try the latest Wolveman movies where his combatants speak Chinese. Come On guys

I had no issues getting the right subtitles on Dawn of the Planet of the apes on mp4's and Blu-ray copies, admittedly on the Blu-ray copies it no longer forces them on so you have to manually choose the correct subtitle track, but they were there

Back