• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone BD 1032 - Disney Brave BD's fail to create ISO's

gilmore1

Please see attached "log_data.zip" for CloneBD errors.
Using Pioneer BD-R 208D that has successfully backed up about 35 BD's with zero issues.
This fail is a first for me backing up BD's.
Using Clone BD 1.0.3.2 to create a full ISO of Brave feature BD, but process fails after about 7 minutes.
Source BD is new and confirmed as clean. It runs fine on Sony and Panasonic BD players with no freezes.
~~~
Additionally, both the Brave Bonus and the Brave 3D BD's cause the same error-halt in Clone BD after a few minutes.
It seems remarkable that all three discs in this Disney BD set fail in a similar manner.
~~~
All of the results above are duplicated when I use another known good BD-R, a Pioneer 209
After getting these errors on the three Brave BD's, I have backed up other BD's on both BD-R's.
~~~
Finally, in case it is relevant, all three BD's also fail in ImgBurn starting around similar 10 min initial process times, with sector read
errors. ImgBurn log attached as well.

Attachments

• log_data.zip
    950.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ImgBurnlog.rtf.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 1
If you get sector read errors in Imgburn then they are faulty/dirty discs as Blu-rays do not contain sector copy protection

Please see attached "log_data.zip" for CloneBD errors.
Using Pioneer BD-R 208D that has successfully backed up about 35 BD's with zero issues.
This fail is a first for me backing up BD's.
Using Clone BD 1.0.3.2 to create a full ISO of Brave feature BD, but process fails after about 7 minutes.
Source BD is new and confirmed as clean. It runs fine on Sony and Panasonic BD players with no freezes.
~~~
Additionally, both the Brave Bonus and the Brave 3D BD's cause the same error-halt in Clone BD after a few minutes.
It seems remarkable that all three discs in this Disney BD set fail in a similar manner.
~~~
All of the results above are duplicated when I use another known good BD-R, a Pioneer 209
After getting these errors on the three Brave BD's, I have backed up other BD's on both BD-R's.
~~~
Finally, in case it is relevant, all three BD's also fail in ImgBurn starting around similar 10 min initial process times, with sector read
errors. ImgBurn log attached as well.

Here's something AnyDVD HD does also rip to image(ISO) as well have you tried that and then burn with IMGburn to see if that works or not? That would also limit down where the problem is occurring at.

If you get sector read errors in Imgburn then they are faulty/dirty discs as Blu-rays do not contain sector copy protection

Thanks, Adbear, this helped me bring troubleshooting on these Brave BD's to a close. After cleaning them again for invisible surface crud, I've concluded that the media or file structure is defective as manufactured on all three discs. Back they go for new ones.

Here's something AnyDVD HD does also rip to image(ISO) as well have you tried that and then burn with IMGburn to see if that works or not? That would also limit down where the problem is occurring at.

Good reminder! So I tried to rip an ISO with AnyDVD HD and it errored on many of the same sector numbers as showed in ImgBurn.
I've concluded that I have a batch of 3 bad BD's, so I'm requesting exchange.
thanks for your help.

Back