• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Classic Doctor Who on AP via Britbox

Don922

If anyone out there has a subscription to BritBox on AP in the US can you try downloading an episode or two of the classic Doctor Who and let me know if you can download it. I don't want to sign up for a subscription if there are going to be DRM errors.

Thanks
Don

Hello Don. I can confirm that Season 1 is working thus far. I've included a screenshot of the best download options available to a subscriber in the U.S. of A.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 44
Hi Gomez. Thank you very much.

Don

I grabbed a portion of my collection to check for higher quality. Waste of time and at the time the classic doctor who on us britbox is SEVERELY LACKING in episodes.

My collection contains all episodes of all seasons. The one on britbox, 50% complete at best. Some seasons at the time we're missing almost entire seasons.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It shows 26 seasons available. I haven't looked at each season to see if there are episodes missing.

If anyone out there has a subscription to BritBox on AP in the US can you try downloading an episode or two of the classic Doctor Who and let me know if you can download it. I don't want to sign up for a subscription if there are going to be DRM errors.

Thanks
Don

When you say classic Doctor Who, do they go back to the 70's/80's? I would sign-up for that alone. Thanks.

Yes. The original ones, going all the way back. It's why I'm signing up. They have a free 7 day trial but I don't think you will able to download all 26 seasons in 7 days. Damm tokens! :banghead: Only kidding. ;)

Yes. The original ones, going all the way back. It's why I'm signing up. They have a free 7 day trial but I don't think you will able to download all 26 seasons in 7 days. Damm tokens! :banghead: Only kidding. ;)

That is awesome. I am just after the old ones I used to watch as a kid so I don't need all 26 seasons :p

It shows 26 seasons available. I haven't looked at each season to see if there are episodes missing.

Indeed it does, but it stops there. The problem begins rather early too. Season 1 and 2 are complete but then check out season 3 for example. Only contains 3 actual episodes split in 4 parts each (normal) and starts at episode "The Ark" which is in fact the 6th episode in that season. The first 5 episodes are

* Galaxy 4 (4 part, missing entirely)
* Mission to the Unknown (1 part, missing entirely)
* The Myth Makers (4 parts, missing entirely)
* The Dalek's Master Plan (12 part, missing entirely)
* The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve (4 part, missing entirely)

then comes "The Ark" then another missing episode

* The Celestial Toymaker (4 parts)

Then comes "The Gunfighters"

then another missing episode

* "The Savages (4 parts, missing entirely)

then comes "The War Machines"

and that's just 3 seasons into a 26 season classic series. It gets worse than that.

When you say classic Doctor Who, do they go back to the 70's/80's? I would sign-up for that alone. Thanks.

They go back all the way to S1, but as i said, their episode is anything but complete. Looking at my collection, and i guarantee you, i'm not missing a single episode. Not even the fan reconstructed episodes because the BBC burned footage, you're looking at 264GB in total.

That's not even accounting for the spin-offs of "Torchwood", "The Sarah Jane Adventures" and a shit ton more (including radio audio episodes i have) you're looking at a total of 544GB for that Show alone

Last edited:
Indeed it does, but it stops there. The problem begins rather early too. Season 1 and 2 are complete but then check out season 3 for example. Only contains 3 actual episodes split in 4 parts each (normal) and starts at episode "The Ark" which is in fact the 6th episode in that season. The first 5 episodes are

and that's just 3 seasons into a 26 season classic series. It gets worse than that.

They go back all the way to S1, but as i said, their episode is anything but complete. Looking at my collection, and i guarantee you, i'm not missing a single episode. Not even the fan reconstructed episodes because the BBC burned footage, you're looking at 264GB in total.

That's not even accounting for the spin-offs of "Torchwood", "The Sarah Jane Adventures" and a shit ton more (including radio audio episodes i have) you're looking at a total of 544GB for that Show alone

Agreed. I recently got the entire collection, including specials and animated series (~314 GB) I looked through the content provided through Britbox and was considering trying to get some of it. The resolution on many of the earlier episodes have better resolution than my current collection (only marginally better, so probably not worth the effort). Then I noticed a lot of missing episodes...I may revisit sometime in the future when I start to tackle organizing the entire group...we'll see.

Thanks for the info. It is better than what I have now which is nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me put it this way, if either of you are ever in Belgium, send me a PM. I'll show you just how large that collection is ;)

For classic Doctor Who - they are missing all the 'lost episodes' where they had to recreate them as animations etc but with original Audio usually. For some reason they are not included. but they are if you get DVD/Bluray etc of it.

For the US, I'm seeing the following for Dr. Who on JustWatch.

Dr. Who (2005) on HBOmax which I can confirm has the following qualities:
  • S1-4: 1920x1080/258 kbps DD+ 2.0 (HEVC/AVC)
  • S5-12: 1920x1080/258 kbps DD+ 5.1 (HEVC/AVC)
I can't confirm the Doctor Who (1963), but apparently all 26 Seasons are on BritBox(APV). IMDb reports 695 episodes.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/0HOKU76JBIW0M4HSM22M574XXY/ref=atv_dl_rdr?tag=justus1ktp-20
upload_2022-1-22_22-44-26.png

Last edited:
The question isn't if they carry all 26 seasons' britbox does, the question is are all seasons complete, they're not. And i wish ppl would stop hotlinking streaming providers on this board. We don't want their attention on anystream.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Doctor Who - Wikipedia

List of Doctor Who episodes (1963–1989) - Wikipedia Season 1 is missing S01E04 Marco Polo series (all 7 shows) at least it missing on Britbox with AP. In all there are 97 missing (i don't think they are counting the animation remakes or auto versions)

Back