• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Clarification of AnyStream/AnyStream Plus Ad-Supported vs. Ad-Free Service Support Requested

CraigR

I apologize in advance for this post, but I see so many conflicting statements when searching the forum for answers that I was hoping RedFox1 or one of the other super moderators might consider posting a pinned [Please Read] post with a listing of all AnyStream/AnyStream Plus supported services along with a notation by each definitively stating whether the ad-free tier is required or not.

EXAMPLE:
  • Amazon Prime Video: Ad-free service required; ad-supported tier will not function with AnyStream.
  • Paramount+: Ad-supported tier will work with Anystream. Ads will be automatically removed; all video and audio options will be available.

With Amazon Prime Video requiring an additional $3 + taxes per month on top of the $150 p/year (including taxes) Prime membership and DIsney/Hulu raising their ad-free price tier, it is time to get serious about which streaming services are worth their subscription costs. I also got an email from Paramount+ that my annual ad-free membership would be increased by $30 a year due to them bundling Showtime.

Thank you in advance for any advice or recommendations you care to share. RedFox1, sorry to always call you out by name, but it's your fault for always knowing the right answer to every question! :giggle:

Really not much to add, if these providers work with an ads subscription try it and see, it seems to be region-related. You need no ads for Disney, although some regions seem to be fine with ads. If Amazon decides to add ads to their subscription, you can try it and see if AS will remove them, we do not know yet because it hasn't happened. You can buy all of these providers on a month-to-month basis. You do not need to have them active all the time, download what you want to watch for the month and when you are ready buy another month's subscription.

Thank you, RedFox 1! I did not realize that AnyStream's functionality varied by region. I will, of course, follow your suggestions to see what works here in the Southwest region of the United States. Would it be helpful if (after these services institute their proposed changes) I posted my results, or would that just add to the confusion I see in the other posts?

Thank you, RedFox 1! I did not realize that AnyStream's functionality varied by region. I will, of course, follow your suggestions to see what works here in the Southwest region of the United States. Would it be helpful if (after these services institute their proposed changes) I posted my results, or would that just add to the confusion I see in the other posts?
Not necessary but feel free to use the forum any way you like. I know for most Disney+ and Hulu packages need a subscription with no ads, no idea about Amazon yet because it hasn't happened yet. Paramount+ and Max work with a no ads subscription but the developer just fixed it so it works with ads. , as I said, it's regional, the ads are different and some regions have no ads. You try what you think is best, you can always upgrade to no ads if you have an issue.

Not necessary but feel free to use the forum any way you like. I know for most Disney+ and Hulu packages need a subscription with no ads, no idea about Amazon yet because it hasn't happened yet. Paramount+ and Max work with a no ads subscription but the developer just fixed it so it works with ads. , as I said, it's regional, the ads are different and some regions have no ads. You try what you think is best, you can always upgrade to no ads if you have an issue.
Thank you, will do! I really appreciate your advice.

Back