• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Sounds great, now the only other question is "how much are the blank disks?"

They are saying BD compatible up to 5 times a S/L DVD (aprox 22.5GB). That's a little less than single layer BD-R. But a great start.

It sounds like it takes a more powerful laser to burn the disks. From your link above:

Currently, only M-DISC compatible drives can write to the DVD version of M-DISC, but it can be read in any DVD drive. Millenniata partner LG Electronics offers an affordable M-Ready optical drive for customers who want the peace of mind of having their important information stored forever

I'm speculating it's probably some kind of crystal structure they grow with the laser.
Either that or the disk already has the crystal and they are blasting holes in it with the laser. More likely the latter since it has to be compatible with existing readers.
Actually, it could be as simple as having a foil layer and burning holes in the foil without damging the polycarbonate substrate.
But the fact that they are calling it "stone" makes me think of crystals, which could be considered "stones".

Last edited:
All very interesting stuff _ sounds like in the end though it would be simply cheaper to just buy the movie.
Assuming that's were we are going with this, but for saving photos and documents forever it would be a solution.

All very interesting stuff _ sounds like in the end though it would be simply cheaper to just buy the movie.
Assuming that's were we are going with this, but for saving photos and documents forever it would be a solution.

I got the impression that M-disks are supposed to be more structurally sound than even original OEM disks. Otherwise, it's nothing new. But no doubt this medium will be expensive at first and the barrier to high volume use.

It's all about preservation and there is not a lot of confidence in today's polycarbonate disks in general. All it takes is leaving it in a car on a hot day and it's toast. That's especially true with blu-ray disks versus DVD because of the density.

This science of improving the media has nothing to do with the legal rights of someone using that media to make a copy of something. The manufacturers of this technology are not obliged to police the use of it.

But, like any other technolgy, it can be used legally or illegally. It's not up to the manufacturers to police the use of technology anymore than it's Apple's duty to make sure their iphones are not used for drug deals, or some other criminal activity.

BTW, in China the whole cellular phone thing and the internet is controlled by the government of China. Very scary. I spent a month there a few years back and the first thing the hotel did was try to hack my AOL account. It was almost childish in it's obviousness.

Last edited:
BD-C6900 Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.1025.0)

Hi guys;

Can a nice user tell me BD-C6900 Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.1025.0) is Cinavia activated or not?
any one tested?

tanx
:confused:

Hi guys;

Can a nice user tell me BD-C6900 Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.1025.0) is Cinavia activated or not?
any one tested?

tanx
:confused:

i cant answer this, as i, too, would like to know.. i may just risk it and install it, but i will wait a week or two to see if anyone can help us out and let us know if it does indeed have cinavia on it or not, or what this update does do.

A BD-Rom can read CD's, DVD's, And BD's. Mine can even read something called a M-DISC.
Just noticed this little sidebar about M-Disc which seems the perfect/best/only type of media for "permanent" storage of important data (no, this doesn't include movies!). I'd not heard of this before, but thanks to you guys I found that a drive I already own is likely to do justice to these discs. As a backup freak myself I'll want to put important old stuff on one of these and see if it holds up over the years...

http://goughlui.com/?p=743

Cincavia & LG BD630 etc.

We're about to buy our first blu-ray player. Should we assume that other than the expensive Oppos it's not currently possible to buy a new Cinavia-free player?
For example, according to this 13 month old Amazon note, certain firmware revs of the LG BD630 are Cincavia-free:

http://www.amazon.com/Cinavia-anyon...8L79LZ5S6WJQ/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B004MSI7UQ

But we assume that
--the current-shipping models will have the latest firmware with Cinavia
--there probably is no source with older, pre-Cinavia LG firmware downloads.

So must we look for a used player to avoid Cinavia?

Sorry if this question is already dealt with, but I failed to locate any current info on the forum.
thanks

Cinavia Protection on LG

I currently have a LG Smart 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Model: BP620 with current f/w as of May 2013, and it has Cinavia Protection on it. It's had it ever since I purchased it in March 2012.

Cinavia a no show?

System: Win7 burner: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-208D Firmware Rev: 1.10
AnyDVD HD v.7.1.9.0 & ImgBurn v.2.5.7.0

Made backups of the only 2 Blu-rays we own onto 50 GB DL TDK/Taiyo Yuden media, so no compression involved:
--Harry Potter Complete 8-Film Collection [2011] Region Free, but = 11-disc UK version (Disc 1 Philosopher's Stone= 34 GB ISO)
--Disney Peter Pan, Diamond Edition [Feb 2013 ed.] from Costco (43 GB ISO)

Playback on new Sony BDP Model BDP-BX510 from Costco, firmware rev M15.R.0093
Sony manual emphasizes Cinavia protection
I did not enable wifi or network, so Sony's "Provisioning server" has not detected the BDP's ESN, much less updated firmware.

We've watched & played both films and all extra features in their entirety multiple times without triggering Cinavia alerts or audio mute.

Not complaining, but surprised. How can this be?

@gilmore: that's probably because those movies don't have cinavia. HP is a warner brother series, not a sony release (the main user of cinavia on the movies). ditto for peter pan. Just because the player can detect it doesn't mean it will trigger on every backup you play. The movie itself also has to have the signal on it.

Try playin tintin, resident evil (afterlife or retribution), hotel transylvania, green hornet and it will trigger. If the logo isn't present on the cover it doesnt have it. See http://images.blu-ray.com/movies/covers/20740_back.jpg

cinavia_logo.gif

The Pirates: Band of Misfits Blu-ray from Sony has Cinavia.
Oppo BDP-105 (Firmware BDP10X-50-0422) DOES support Cinavia.
Oppo BDP-95 (Firmware BDP9x-71-0723B) still does NOT support Cinavia.

i do not know something like code. but i know you can try another to play blu ray on pc such as totalmeida, I have used it for almost 2 years.when i bought it, to my surprise, it can change region code, thus i'm never worried about relaxing myself when on business. It's an easy to use and professional blu ray player software for windows, including Windows 8. of course, it fully integrates with Windows Media Center too. maybe you should try. believe me, it is satisfying

i do not know something like code. but i know you can try another to play blu ray on pc such as totalmeida, I have used it for almost 2 years.when i bought it, to my surprise, it can change region code, thus i'm never worried about relaxing myself when on business. It's an easy to use and professional blu ray player software for windows, including Windows 8. of course, it fully integrates with Windows Media Center too. maybe you should try. believe me, it is satisfying

You spamming dude?

For the HT-C5550 is a new soft 1021.0. This soft has a Cinavia?Thanks

Such a shame that the LG BP125 supports detection. It's one of the cheapest players, that also supports usb file playback. It's soooo cheap, I may just buy it for testing purposes. At least with this, I won't need to install the latest TMT 5 on my laptop. Though I'm also curious about the more up to date TMT.

I'm not sure if the guy who started this thread is still active, but could somebody please update the first post?

Outdated list

I'm not sure if the guy who started this thread is still active, but could somebody please update the first post?

Yes it would be nice if someone posted an updated list, that one is 3 years old. Anybody know what firmware a Samsung BD-E5300 Blu-Ray Player would need to have, to be Cinavia free? They were manufactured in 2011, but have had many updates since then, and now would have it unless it was never updated.

Back