• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

cinavia problem

Murdog

I am using a stand alone blue ray player and have been ripping discs for years using anydvd without problems until now. Cinavia is not being defeated. Is this a new problem or have I done something wrong?

Need a lot more info.

Disc type? DVD or blu-ray

If DVD then it's normal, the cinavia removal fix CURRENTLY doesn't work with DVD's
If Blu-ray, then you need CloneBD as well. It's only the combination of the 2 that are able of removing the signal

Cinavia has been going around since feb 1st, 2012 so it's definitely not a new problem.

It is a dvd disc. I know cinavia has been present for years and for years anydvd has been able to defeat it. Why now isn't it working? Is Slysoft working on a fix or is it not possible? Why under program settings you list prevent player software from detecting cinavia?

It is a dvd disc. I know cinavia has been present for years and for years anydvd has been able to defeat it. Why now isn't it working? Is Slysoft working on a fix or is it not possible? Why under program settings you list prevent player software from detecting cinavia?
Player software = Software Player on Windows PC.

That setting you're talking about only applies to SOFTWARE players as the setting name and tooltip clearly specify? That setting only patches licensed SOFTWARE players to not detect the signal. It does NOT remove it, the tooltip gives no indication it would. Right below that setting is one to actually REMOVE cinavia but that currently looking works for BLURAY and only in combination with CloneBD! Enabling that setting will have no impact on DVD's.

They are working on removal for DVD's, but no news yet on how they plan to do it and when it will become available. Cinavia on DVD's isn't nearly as 'common' as it is on bluray.

You have a few options.

- play the disc on a DVD ONLY player. Cinavia is not part of the standard as such DVD only players are not required to detect it.
- play the disc on a Pre-2012 bluray player. Cinavia detection only became mandatory on Feb 1st, 2012
- play the disc on your PC with that setting you said enabled. It will prevent SOFTWARE players such as powerdvd from detecting it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

so that's a NO on working on a fix?

At present it's always been a no regarding DVD - The fix for Blu-Ray is getting better as they go. Indications are that once "perfected" they will likely migrate it to DVD.

-W

I also have noticed a lot more DVDs with cinicia lately. I guess its not just for Blur Rays anymore. My personal workaround is I burn the DVD to my hard drive as an MP4. Then I stream it to my TV through my Xbox One. I am currently experimenting with other formats to get the best picture quality.

Back