• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia DVD

Lukas

Do the DVD versions of the films contain Cinavia protection? and can ANYDVD remove it?

If I remember correctly, Cinavia was on one or the other, but sometimes on both? But, is Cinavia still being used currently?

Cinavia is BD, that's why there is the checkbox "Remove Cinavia from CloneBD data during copy" (free translation from german) in the program settings.

Huh. I have not used DVD for quite a while. But, I always assumed Cinavia was used on DVD as well as Blu-Ray?

There is a DVD part on Wikipedia, although I have no idea what it means.
I only know of Cinavia on BD.
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia#DVD-Audio

Do the DVD versions of the films contain Cinavia protection? and can ANYDVD remove it?
Yes, there were a few titles with Cinavia. You can easily check for Cinavia, as these DVDs will have an AACS directory.
No, AnyDVD cannot remove it. CloneDVD can't be patched because it doesn't convert Audio.
But nobody cares, because DVD Players won't detect Cinavia anyway.

Yes, there were a few titles with Cinavia. You can easily check for Cinavia, as these DVDs will have an AACS directory.
No, AnyDVD cannot remove it. CloneDVD can't be patched because it doesn't convert Audio.
But nobody cares, because DVD Players won't detect Cinavia anyway.
so I understand correctly that Cinavia is ineffective on DVD? and doesn't it affect DVDs even when they are played on a PC? and not even in desktop players that play DVDs?

so I understand correctly that Cinavia is ineffective on DVD? and doesn't it affect DVDs even when they are played on a PC? and not even in desktop players that play DVDs?
If you play the DVD on something like a Blu-ray player that has been approved by the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), then it must check for Cinavia, because that's what Blu-ray players must check for, according to the BDA specifications. Even DVDs. That's why licensed software like PowerDVD and WinDVD have to check for Cinavia.

But, like @James said, if you have a DVD player, even one that is a PC desktop player, you should be good to go.

Just don't use licensed software like the 2 mentioned above.

and doesn't it affect DVDs even when they are played on a PC?
Officially licensed Blu-ray player software (PowerDVD) will detect CInavia, but AnyDVD takes care of that with the purple notification icon.
Other DVD player software doesn't care.

Back