• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Chrome browser said NO to rev. 8.1.4.3

Vanpeebles

Greetings to all,

Just went to download the latest BETA and my Chrome browser, latest rev. 64bit, would not allow me to open the file. It said "Setup ANYDVD8143 is dangerous so, CHROME has blocked it". :mad: :mad:

Never, ever, ever had this happen before. Switched to EDGE browser and no issues. Downloaded just fine.

All the best,

Mario

Greetings to all,

Just went to download the latest BETA and my Chrome browser, latest rev. 64bit, would not allow me to open the file. It said "Setup ANYDVD8143 is dangerous so, CHROME has blocked it". :mad: :mad:

Never, ever, ever had this happen before. Switched to EDGE browser and no issues. Downloaded just fine.

All the best,

Mario

This is a cascading annoyance through various AV programs and web browsers as a result of the DNS cache poisoning incident that occurred recently. While things have been resolved on the DNS end of things we have companies playing games with accessing and downloading from RedFox.

PS: In the Chrome settings under Privacy there is the ability to disable Chrome from "protecting" the user from dangerous sites. While I recommend leaving this setting enabled temporarily disabling it might allow download. I've never needed to actually turn it off.

Last edited:
Greetings to all,
All the best,
Mario
One of main reason I distrust Chrome they want to control your web and what you watch and download. And this is without logging into your gmail account on Chrome. IE, Edge, FF - I have no problem but I switch between IE and FF for certain downloads and it works.

This is a cascading annoyance through various AV programs and web browsers as a result of the DNS cache poisoning incident that occurred recently. While things have been resolved on the DNS end of things we have companies playing games with accessing and downloading from RedFox.
PS: In the Chrome settings under Privacy there is the ability to disable Chrome from "protecting" the user from dangerous sites. While I recommend leaving this setting enabled temporarily disabling it might allow download. I've never needed to actually turn it off.
Sounds reasonable but for a web to decide what I want to download or watch goes beyond protecting my privacy from dangerous sites and goes into "Big Brother". I have Defender in Windows 10 and have no issues downloading from IE, Edge, FF for RedFox updates.

One of main reason I distrust Chrome they want to control your web and what you watch and download. And this is without logging into your gmail account on Chrome. IE, Edge, FF - I have no problem but I switch between IE and FF for certain downloads and it works.

Sounds reasonable but for a web to decide what I want to download or watch goes beyond protecting my privacy from dangerous sites and goes into "Big Brother". I have Defender in Windows 10 and have no issues downloading from IE, Edge, FF for RedFox updates.

Firefox had a reported issue at some point recently unless I'm crazy and not remembering properly.

Personally, I don't trust any of the browsers regardless of how much they might claim to protect user privacy. I was a long-time Netscape Navigator user to Mozilla SeaMonkey to Mozilla Firefox user but over time they lost me as a fan for numerous reasons. I moved to Chrome and I migrated back to Opera (pre-Chromium base) after having used it back in the EARLY versions. I liked Opera. I used the two back and forth depending on my needs. Since Opera now is basically Chrome I've dumped it. Now it's Chrome 99% of the time, Pale Moon 0.9% of the time, and IE or Edge 0.1% of the time. I only use Pale Moon, IE, and Edge when it's something that just won't work properly in Chrome which is a rarity for me. But, these are just my personal experiences and opinions. :)

Competition is a good thing and, frankly, even those who dislike Chrome should be glad it exists because it forced Microsoft and Mozilla to stop sitting on their butts and make browsing faster and better. :)

With respect to your opinion of Chrome, I get it. Some people simply hate it on many levels including privacy. And people are free to those opinions. :)

Back