• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Christmas help

jinnbake

My children each got a RCA 8gb flash mp3 player for Christmas. It is supposed to be able to play movies too. It supports wma files and I can't figure out how to get it to work. I have done this many times with a Sony Walkman player but the RCA thing is not as user friendly. Please help!!

Is this by chance the RCA Opal? If it is I can help.

ok then, the native codec is XviD but I've played DivX on fine. So try generic DivX at 128x128 framerate or as close as you can get. More than one pass is pretty much a waste of time. Just plug it to the computer and open it up, something like "open to explore files" something like that or go to "My Computer" and there will be an Opal drive. There is a "VIDEO" folder and just drag and drop the DivX .avi there and you are all set!

You're very welcome and Merry Christmas! Let me know if you have any problems.

I have tried Generic (DivX) as stated above
yet still can't get my RCA Opal to recognize the video?

I am a new to ClownDVD mobile so excuse my igorance
downloaded the evaluation program last night and
am plaining to puschase if I can just figure this out :bang:

I use version 1.2.0.1, I can't make the 1.6.x.x versions work either. Just to be sure I just did a few chapters of G-Force and an older Star Trek that was close at hand and both worked perfectly. What is going wrong, any error messages and how exactly are you moving the file and where to?

First I tried to open Opal in Explorer
but there is no Video folder
So I tried to creat on but it dosen't show on player

Then I tried to transfer the file with RCA easyRip
but all I got is "Conversion Failed."

I downloaded RCA Video Converter
and was able to open and Play the video
but when I try and convert I get a Status of "Failed"

Ok, in Windows XP or Vista the Opal will show up in "My Computer" when you double click that and the storage volume will show up (the memory within the Opal) and you'll have to double click that to see the folder structure. There will be six folders and "VIDEO" will be one of them. You don't need any of those other converters, just drag and drop the avi you create with CloneDVDmobile to the video folder on the Opal, no other conversion necessary.

Tried that and will not except file :bang:

Get below Error Message:

Error Copying File

The ***.avi file type is not supported on this device. if it is a medie file, you may be able to use Windows Media Player tto convert the file to playable type prior to transfer. Do you wish to ship this file now?

~o~

So I am still unable to get it to work...

Tried that and will not except file :bang:

Get below Error Message:

Error Copying File

The ***.avi file type is not supported on this device. if it is a medie file, you may be able to use Windows Media Player tto convert the file to playable type prior to transfer. Do you wish to ship this file now?

~o~

So I am still unable to get it to work...
Try using Windows Media Player to sync the file to the device (say yes to "do you wish to ship this file now"). If that doesn't work, you need to post more info on your system specs.

The original post is at least a year old, I think last Christmas. So both my and the OP’s Opal are at least a year old, there might have been a firmware change since then to make it a bit more proprietary? In any case you aren’t missing much in my estimation by not having video on a 1.8 inch viewing screen. Mine is 128x128 square pixels and converting a 16:9 WS movie is less than desirable. With 8GB of flash memory it is a great little MP3 player. But I am sorry I couldn’t be of more help to get you going and let you come to your own conclusion on video playback.

Last edited:
I got the 8GB Opal last year, Model M4208GR-B
just never tried to use it for video...

Purchased a new PC this year and was looking for DVD software
this is when I noticed the DVDclone Mobel

Current PC has Windows XP Media Center Edition V. 2002 Service Pack 2

I got the 8GB Opal last year, Model M4208GR-B
just never tried to use it for video...

Purchased a new PC this year and was looking for DVD software
this is when I noticed the DVDclone Mobel

Current PC has Windows XP Media Center Edition V. 2002 Service Pack 2

Mine is an M4008A I looked yours up and it is a whole different animal. I can't seem to find anything on the codecs needed for video. If it came with a sample video clip can you upload it to your computer and check it?

I was able to transfer one *.avi and two *.mpg files onto the Opal
but when I go to Media Player the codec shows up empty?

the one file is from my Sony Cybershot DSC-H9
(looking up codec for this file)

I was able to transfer one *.avi and two *.mpg files onto the Opal
but when I go to Media Player the codec shows up empty?

the one file is from my Sony Cybershot DSC-H9
(looking up codec for this file)
From the manual:
Video files must be converted to optimal
format for playback on this player. The
RCA easyRip Media Software can
convert the video files automatically while
transferring to the player.

Use that software on the CDM output - it should resolve your problem.

Happy holidays.

Back