• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Chicago Med Season 8 Disk 5 Problem

@Dave45
What is your host machine OS since this is in a VM?

@James
I thought since the DVD doesn't have CSS, but only structural protection, shouldn't it be possible to copy it to an ISO in MacOS or Linux via ddrescue for example?
If the host OS should be MacOS or Linux.

Some one ask =ed what OS I am using in my VM. It is very old, but has worked without problems. Please don't
laugh, but it is Windows XP.

Some one ask =ed what OS I am using in my VM. It is very old, but has worked without problems. Please don't
laugh, but it is Windows XP.
Thank you for sharing the operating system of your virtual machine, which is Windows XP.

However, I was actually inquiring about the operating system of your host machine. The host machine is the physical computer on which your virtual machine software is running.

Could you please tell me which operating system is installed on your actual computer, the one that runs the virtual machine software?

@Dave45
What is your host machine OS since this is in a VM?

@James
I thought since the DVD doesn't have CSS, but only structural protection, shouldn't it be possible to copy it to an ISO in MacOS or Linux via ddrescue for example?
If the host OS should be MacOS or Linux.
Host machine running Windows 7 Home Premium

Have you tried a file copy in Windows/File Explorer of Disc 5's VIDEO_TS folder with AnyDVD running?

No I have not. Do you mean I should try a file copy of the disk itself or is there some location where ANYDVD temporarily stores the correct data?

File copy of the disc itself. But, I can tell you, the problem is either you have a defective Disc 5 or your hardware doesn't like that particular disc. There's no fault in Disc 5's authoring or creation that AnyDVD can't process. I got my hands on this Season and successfully processed Disc 5 with AnyDVD to a decrypted VIDEO_TS. I then loaded that VIDEO_TS into DVDShrink and created a new VIDEO_TS output. I watched the Preview the entire time for any apparent possible decryption errors and saw none. The new output VIDEO_TS processed fine.

If it helps, I generated a LOG file of Disc 5.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.7.2_Info_R_CHICAGO_MED_S8_D5.ziplog
    116.6 KB · Views: 3
Something I possibly overlooked. Are you running AnyDVD in a virtual machine?

I wasn't sure, but I thought the OP had mentioned something about virtual machines.

I don't have any experience with VM's, but could there be some kind of hiccup in there causing a particular problem with that one disc?

I would lay it down as either a defective disc, a problem with the hardware trying to read that one disc, or a problem with the VM since I successfully read in Disc 5.

I have borrowed another copy of Disk 5 and it copied OK. Its strange the I could play the original disk and view it OK, but only the second copy would work with ANYDVD.. It must have been a very. subtle problem with the original disk. I would like to thank everyone for their comments and assistance with this issue.

Back