• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Changing operating System

PhilGMocan

I am seriously considering changing my operating system from Microsoft to Linux Ubuntu. Does Slysoft have a series of software that will operate on a Linux operating system?

No. Not unless you can run Windows under Linux. :)

-W

Personally - I'm not. I stuck with XP so far.

-W

I am seriously considering changing my operating system from Microsoft to Linux Ubuntu. Does Slysoft have a series of software that will operate on a Linux operating system?

I would say without first knowing what O/S of windows your using doesn't help give good advice either? Also you need to way the pros and cons of going to Linux system that doesn't have alot of support in way of software and hardware compatibility. Also you didn't identify to us why you needed to switch or what problems your having in Windows to really know what advice to give to you. I myself use windows and one must know something or read about it and not just use it without knowing it's in and outs. I call this doing one homework about the programs and O/S they use so they will have a better understanding and how to use the programs to fit their needs. But as anything Linux at this point in time has very limited support from major software developers. Be you should be aware of the pitfalls going to Linux and it's support and multiple version with varying degree of support and no or limited support.

Yes, I would agree, stick with XP operating system. Any operating system you are going to have a learning curve and some form of problems to work out.

When the two XP machines I have wear out or no longer supported by Microsoft I will build a bare bone high end Windows 7 (64 bit) or maybe even Windows 8 if it becomes a reality.

I believe the more concern should be on the CPU processors, some of the high end Intel processors are eventually going to have some type of copy protection build-in. From my viewpoint this copy protection and Cinavia are more of a concern than the operating systems.
:agree:

Win2k3

I was checking another thread and there is mention of win2k3 and parallels. Are you familiar with either of those items?

Phil

Would this not be referring to windows 2000 service pack 3.

Ran Win 2000 for years, did an awfull lot of re loads, was OK in its time, better than Win 98, but was essentially pretty awfull compared to XP.

Only way i could keep it going was running registry checkers, PC bug doctor and PC Utilities 2006. that worked reasonably well.

Biggest down fall was if you ever swaped Hard drives around, NOT GOOD and usually fatel.

I was checking another thread and there is mention of win2k3 and parallels. Are you familiar with either of those items?

Parallels is a Mac/Apple application to run windows under the Mac OS.
Win2k3 is how the author of the other thread abbreviated Windows 2003 (server os).

Wine is a windows emulator for Linux. AnyDVD is a hardware level driver and may not work under Wine/Linux.
I use and recommend Win7 64 bit version.

If you still want to try Linux you may want to look at http://www.ylmf.org/en/index.html
they make it look and feel like xp

Parallels is a Mac/Apple application to run windows under the Mac OS.

They also make Parallels for Windows & for Linux ;) The OP could also just use Virtualbox (free) or VMware (free & paid versions) to install Windows XP, Vista, 7, ect, under Linux also.

EDIT: Personally, I use Linux under Windows via VM instead of the other way around but to each their own :)

Last edited:
Back