• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CDM 1.6.x & 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS workaround

Jaoasun

Since the introduction of version 1.6.x of CDM you were not able to work with the 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS profiles which can be found on this forum. These profiles only work with version 1.2 (and lower?).

I have come up with a workaround until such time that this will be fixed in a future update.

To get this working follow the next steps:

1. download and install the latest (beta) version of CDM
2. go to the following website: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer-win32/files/ to download the latest version of mencoder
3. open up the mplayer&mencoder tab and select the latest revision
4. download the mplayer-rtm-svn-xxxxx.7z file
5. open the file with 7-zip (you can download 7-zip at www.7-zip.org)
6. extract the mencoder.exe file
7. go to the slysoft\clonedvdmobile\apps directory (probably located in your program files directory)
8. rename mencoder.exe to mencoder.exe.bak
9. copy the extracted mencoder.exe file to this directory
10. go to the slysoft\clonedvdmobile directory
11. make a copy of the devices.ini file
12. edit the devices.ini file and insert the 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS profile you want to use to the end of the file and save.
13. you are good to go :)

Remarks:

1. I used the following profile:

[* Generic (XviD) DTS/DD+ Copy]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
Format=avi
moac=copy
movc=xvid
mopts=-lameopts br=%abrate% -xvidencopts bitrate=%vbrate%%PASS%
FileType=avi
VTag=XVID
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=avi
FileType=avi
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000

2. I had troubles with the latest version of mencoder.exe, playing the created xvid files on my playstation 3. I used revision 25962 ( dated 02-09-2008 ) for memcoder.exe which seems to work ok.

3. I have not tested other profiles, so i do not know if these still work.

I hope this will solve some problems for some people for now. Do remember this is a workaround and not a final solution, I still have good hopes there will be a new CDM version soon which will allow the old 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS profiles to work again.

Last edited:
Nice job. It worked perfectly for me.

Now if I could only figure out my vob passthru time encoding problem.

Still 2 chan output

I followed this process completly, the movie converted but i still ended up with a 2 Chan output. the Movie was Phantom Menace.

any ideas?

I followed this process completly, the movie converted but i still ended up with a 2 Chan output. the Movie was Phantom Menace.

any ideas?

Hhmm, strange, as I have converted the Star Wars movie to a XVid mpeg 4 video with 5.1 Digital Surround with no problems (using the profile I mentioned above).

When using the older 1.2.x version of CMD, were you able to produce a 5.1 Digital Surround / DTS avi file?

Btw, did you double check you choose the AC-3/6 audio stream and not the AC-3/2 audio stream?

1.2.x gives me the same stereo output.

I did check the 3.6 audio output. is that correct?

Strange, I don't know what the problem is i'm afraid :( Sry.

this works not perfect for all profiles.

i find antoher solution 2 month ago but CDM crash when try to encode Dolby

the Lame Options are useless so you can remove it

this is the correct profilmap for the latest CDM Version

[* Generic (DivX) Dolby Digital]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
VTag=DIVX
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4
lavcopts=acodec=copy
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
ARate=48000
MVolume=10
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000

this fix just gave me a huge error screen when i went started the process.

As i stated in the post, i have only tested this for the XVid profile, providing you a workaround for being able to produce Dolby Digital 5.1/DTS avi files with the 1.6.x version of CDM.

There are probably other profiles which dont work with this workaround. If they don't then my advice is to fall back to the 1.2.x version of CDM.

PS if you however have another profile that does work, please post them here!

I have carefully followed every thread i have found including the fall back to previous version without luck. The reason I'm so interested in fixing this is because i have a new client i have assisted setting up a media center solution and he wants to start ripping his personal collection of 300+ movies. The problem is he is also a Audio guy and wants to keep his 5.1 channel sound. so before he starts the LONG ripping process I wanted to find a solution to this issue......

Hope someone has a fix.

Help Please...

Hi,
I have been refered to this thread by the support team. My set up is as follows :

I am running XP service pack3; Slysoft Clone DVDmobile version 1.8.0.0.
I am ripping my DVDs using AnyDVD 6.8.5.0 to hardisk, then converting them to mpeg4 for my AppleTV using CloneDVD Mobile. I them serve the movie via Itunes. Everything works fine except the DTS/ dolby Digital encoding. I have followed the info on this thread to no avail.
Can somebody please answer the following questions :
a) Is the info in this thread out of date?
b) If somebody is doing the same as me and has got it working;
i) what version of mencoder should I be using.
ii) what should entry should I be adding to devices.ini (and does anything need to be taken out of the default devices.ini file.

Many thanks

Parry

Back