• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CD/DVD Label maker

cardzetc

Right now I'm using Surething Cd label maker deluxe 5 and for some reason the labels don't print in the middle anymore. I always have to adjust the scaned or downloaded label to print in some where near the middle. Any suggestions? Maybe a better label program?

If you have a graphics app make your own it is just a circle though it does need to be positioned properly. I make all mine in Illustrator and then print them on the Memorex labels.

or buy printable discs and a printer that'll print direct to the discs

Right now I'm using Surething Cd label maker deluxe 5 and for some reason the labels don't print in the middle anymore. I always have to adjust the scaned or downloaded label to print in some where near the middle. Any suggestions? Maybe a better label program?
i have this program to and have no problems with it at all.
i have always had to move the imported image(s) manually to the position i want them on the disc label.
that's what your supposed to do,isn't it?
the red box allows for moving,rotating and enlarging the image(s) you need for a label.
i wasn't aware it did it automatically.

capture_19122008_110910_16x9crop.jpg

i have this program to and have no problems with it at all.
i have always had to move the imported image(s) manually to the position i want them on the disc label.
that's what your supposed to do,isn't it?
the red box allows for moving,rotating and enlarging the image(s) you need for a label.
i wasn't aware it did it automatically.

capture_19122008_110910_16x9crop.jpg

I always have to adjust the images also, the problem is the printed image is always offset from the circle. I have to adjust the picture so that it is offset from center to print in the center or close to center on the label paper. This is driving me crazy. If I don't offset the image on the preveiw page it will sometimes print off as much as 1/6 off of the disc label. All other print process's that anyone would want to use, all come out just fine, it's only the labels. This just started about 2 months ago, until then prints were right on center.

Labels are a VERY BAD idea. They can cause the disc to be unbalanced. It's not a pretty site when one goes to pieces inside an optical drive. Use printable media.

the problem is the printed image is always offset from the circle. I have to adjust the picture so that it is offset from center to print in the center or close to center on the label paper.
i misunderstood.
your cd label project is fine,but the printed image is offset so you make an allowance for this in the project.
that's a weird one.
i should've mentioned i only print onto lightscribe discs,so tomorrow i'll try printing one onto paper to see what happens.
have you tried altering any setting in backgrounds>properties,tools>program options,actions>print design/print previews?

Putting labels on CD/DVD can cause huge discussions and fights, I just give you my viewpoint:

70% of my DVD collection has labels on them (and some are over six years old) the other 30% are white label blank disk with movie pictures on them with my new CD/DVD printer.

1. 1st choice blank white media with pictures put on with you CD/DVD printer.
2. 2nd choice BALANCE THE STICKER ON THE DISK, JUST LIKE BALANCING A TIRE, NO MATTER HOW FAST IT SPINS IF IT IS BALANCED IT WILL WORK PROPERLY.

I have 3 software programs that print on stickers and they ALL have adjustments for adjusting the print to fit on the sticker properly. Left, right, up and down.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you "balance" a label? Weights are used to offset the heavier area to balance a wheel/tire..... do you propose using weights on a disc?

Back