• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CBD 1.0.7.0 Read Errors

Kazz5

I recently installed CBD 1.0.7.0 and AnyDVDHD 7.6.5.0. I'd not made backups of my Blu-Rays in a while and had a few to do. The first couple went just fine. But, beginning with "Home", CBD would fail with read errors. This happened on many subsequent BDs. So I decided to copy the entire BD to my hard disk and then try to make backups that way. That works flawlessly.

I tried a few more, had the same problem, and have simply adopted the procedure of copying the BD to my hard drive first and then using CBD. Obviously, that's not right.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Define read errors, are you reading directly from disc? The best method really is to rip to hard drive first. Reading directly from a disc causes the disc to constantly spin.

Spinning disc : heat generating, heat + PC: bad. Plus it puts unneeded strain on the disc and drive.

So rip to hdd first, if anydvd encounters read errors it's ALWAYS a defective disc and/or drive. If you still get failures with an hdd rip, hold the Alt button when CloneBD finished conversion. 2 new blue buttons will appear, click the left one and mail in the CloneBD logfile. You'll get a confirmation of bug report, and will be notified of/when there is a new version that should fix the issue.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. Respectfully, I must disagree with the idea that I should rip to HDD first. I've been around "PCs" since there weren't "PCs" yet. The optical drive's doing it's job just fine. It's the software that is misinterpreting something and creating phantom read errors. Obviously the discs work as just copying from the optical drive to the HDD works. This is a problem with the CBD or AnyDVDHD software or both.

Thank you for the tip on how to submit a log.

If anydvd can rip file l fine, then it's not an anydvd problem. But more likely either a borderline defective disc or a defective rip. Yes drives work fine, but in addition to what I said, also keep in mind that a HDD can feed the data a lot faster to the encoder than an optical drive. If you rip to HDD first you also know immediately if you have a full rip, instead of eg being an hour into the encode when reading from the drive and CloneBD suddenly stops due to a read error. That's on top of the heat/wear&tear issue.

In the end it's your choice and it's not a wrong way, it's just not the best/fastest way.

Just try it with ripping to HDD, you never know.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
good posts happenned to me a lot i tried and works thanks:)

Back