• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Caveat Emptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it sounds great and you might get that wonderful fuzzy feeling from buying a lifetime license for your video archiving needs consider this. I've been using Any DVD since Elby first developed it and sold it via download from Germany. I just like you had bought a lifetime license from them. Then they were forced to cease and desist to stop making this product and they shut them down. When they returned back online they no longer offered Any DVD for sale. Enter Sly Soft and they take over the marketing and development of Any DVD later on to morph to work with Blue Ray discs and BD Live. When I inquired if they would honor my "Lifetime" license from Elby they said NO. So I bought another "Lifetime License" from Sly Soft and now Poof Sly Soft disappears due to the efforts of the new renewed enforcement and pressure from AACS LA. So now I have two defunct "Lifetime Licenses". Enter Red Fox and lo and behold they are offering you guessed it "Lifetime Licenses". But now you have to buy it with Bitcoin or a Visa card or no License. Are you F***ing kidding me???!!! My advice is don't buy it. I've already been burned twice and I'm not going to jump through hoops to get burned a third time. Somewhere down the road someone will break the new enhanced AACS encryption in the mean time those of you that buy a "Lifetime License" good luck I hope it lasts. The powerful movie moguls and technocrats are working hard to shut down developers that break the encryption so it's highly unlikely that RedFox and Any DVD will survive and that "Lifetime License" you paid a hundred bucks for will be worthless and useless as software goes.

As it says in the EULA of every installation of AnyDVDHD and other software from Elby , RedFox, and the now dead Slysoft. That the license is for the "lifetime" of the company providing the product not your lifetime. It could never be for your lifetime.
As you have never had to enter your DOB when you purchased those licenses.

Yes I remember when Elby was forced to quit selling that and CloneCD as well because both circumvented copy protection schemes. I also know that if you purchased a license when Slysoft first came online then you got a good software's Lifetime out if it. Somewhere around 12yrs. Which is about 10 times longer than PDVD which i never hear anyone complain about having to purchase again EVER and its what $70 with a discount . Of course you can just continue to use an unsupported version as long as you have (you got it AnyDVDHD running).

And I'm very thankful the team at RedFox cared enough about the users and the product to stick their own necks out and not let it STAY DEAD. Which is what would have happened. Slysoft closed effective immediately February 22 2016 (lifetime over). And without RedFox there would be NO AnyDVDHD so in all reality there would be nothing. It's your choice to purchase a new license but you don't have to purchase a lifetime either. They have renewals as well.

Adios, Carlos. Too sad that you feel that way :(

I appreciate all of the arguments presented in response to my thread they all are very valid points. But what bother's me the most is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of reciprocity when it comes to companies that "pick up" the pieces of a an important product that we all use. At the very least offer a discount for user loyalty for the many years that I and many others bought renewable licenses and then got a life time license only to have to buy the product again. I bought this product many, many, times over and over again through the years. Neither Elby nor Sly Soft ever did that kind of deal that whomever the successor was that would inherit the product through outright acquisition of rights or outright sale would honor or at the very least offer a special discount or a renewable lifetime license at a discount for being a loyal recurring buyer. This irks me quite a bit it's like the perpetual upgrade of Cyberlink's Power DVD or Nero or any other company that uses that type of business model. I need Any DVD like all of you do but the way things are going it appears that the days of optical media are over. I for one am not willing to invest any longer in a product that has become sadly an anachronism, and worse whose future is sadly not very promising. It was a good run and it was a very useful tool but how long will it be before Any DVD even in it's present form gets shut down too. Then what? The licenses will mean nothing because the developers and interim company that is currently holding on by their fingernails will lose their tentative grip due to the unrelenting forces that are currently enforcing the interest of the big movie studios and media conglomerates. I've seen this all before in many other guises. It happened with Napster and the RIAA law suits and all the other file sharing companies that copied that model. This current situation can be likened to that era the on ly difference is that it's the big movie studios and media juggernauts that are going to eventually win out over us and our drowned out voices of "fair use" will be a fading cry in the wind from an era that has passed.

Actually there was an introductory discount. And they said DVD's would be dead by now. Yet my local Redbox's got more releases on DVD than Blu-ray in the last month or two that I was watching for a movie to be released. And has three times the DVD's than Blu-ray's to rent. Which sucks for me because I want HD if available.
Your reasons are yours but I for one will be here until the end whenever that may be. Hopefully as long as my first license that was purchased in 2007.
Btw I still buy CD's then make my own mp3's and some things on vinyl too.

While it sounds great and you might get that wonderful fuzzy feeling from buying a lifetime license for your video archiving needs consider this. I've been using Any DVD since Elby first developed it and sold it via download from Germany. I just like you had bought a lifetime license from them. Then they were forced to cease and desist to stop making this product and they shut them down.
First off Facts Elby didn't create Anydvd that was from Slysoft so your facts are already wrong to start with. Got problem go complain to Slysoft.
When they returned back online they no longer offered Any DVD for sale. Enter Sly Soft and they take over the marketing and development of Any DVD later on to morph to work with Blue Ray discs and BD Live. When I inquired if they would honor my "Lifetime" license from Elby they said NO.
Fact also missed RedFox has nothing to do with Slysoft and another person whom fail to Read the Facts of what happened again and cherry picking their own facts and making up facts. Elby again didn't create Anydvd that was from Slysoft and then they closed RedFox got the rights to use Anydvd HD license.
So I bought another "Lifetime License" from Sly Soft and now Poof Sly Soft disappears due to the efforts of the new renewed enforcement and pressure from AACS LA. So now I have two defunct "Lifetime Licenses".
If you really Read the Facts your Slysoft license works up to 7.6.9.5 and that was all. How about Reading the posted Facts instead of making stories here.
Enter Red Fox and lo and behold they are offering you guessed it "Lifetime Licenses". But now you have to buy it with Bitcoin or a Visa card or no License. Are you F***ing kidding me???!!! My advice is don't buy it.
No one is forcing you to buy RedFox and since you refuse to listen the Facts of the News about Slysoft demise that is your choice but most have lived reality and moved on.
I've already been burned twice and I'm not going to jump through hoops to get burned a third time. Somewhere down the road someone will break the new enhanced AACS encryption in the mean time those of you that buy a "Lifetime License" good luck I hope it lasts.
No one burned you, that is your "alice in wonderland" fantasy. Again not Reading Facts and still cling onto "alice in wonderland" story.
The powerful movie moguls and technocrats are working hard to shut down developers that break the encryption so it's highly unlikely that RedFox and Any DVD will survive and that "Lifetime License" you paid a hundred bucks for will be worthless and useless as software goes.
And you think RedFox software is the only one of the target. Hello, get out and see what's out there ok. You could get run over the next day but you still get out of your house right? Getting out of the ArmChair Quarterback will help you have better outlook on life itself.
I appreciate all of the arguments presented in response to my thread they all are very valid points.
There is no valid points - all are the same whining posts that talk to the Wall. Slysoft is dead and your License Ended with Slysoft because of AACS-LA, go and complain to them.
But what bother's me the most is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of reciprocity when it comes to companies that "pick up" the pieces of a an important product that we all use. At the very least offer a discount for user loyalty for the many years that I and many others bought renewable licenses and then got a life time license only to have to buy the product again.
Really someone whom talks about having valid points but seems to seemingly ignore the Facts of the Events and what has happened seems to be making incoherent points.
I bought this product many, many, times over and over again through the years. Neither Elby nor Sly Soft ever did that kind of deal that whomever the successor was that would inherit the product through outright acquisition of rights or outright sale would honor or at the very least offer a special discount or a renewable lifetime license at a discount for being a loyal recurring buyer.
Elby and Slysoft aren't the same company and also Fact Elby software by themselves can't decrypt the movies that was Anydvd that was from Slysoft - those software from Elby had nothing to worry from the AACS-LA to close.
This irks me quite a bit it's like the perpetual upgrade of Cyberlink's Power DVD or Nero or any other company that uses that type of business model.
Those are player software what does those have anything to do with how Anydvd decrypts movies? Absolutely nothing. This is what irks me trying to cling to straws to something that has no links.
I need Any DVD like all of you do but the way things are going it appears that the days of optical media are over.
Anydvd has nothing to do with optical media history or usage-how one comes to this delusional "alice in wonderland' is just that pure fantasy.
I for one am not willing to invest any longer in a product that has become sadly an anachronism, and worse whose future is sadly not very promising. It was a good run and it was a very useful tool but how long will it be before Any DVD even in it's present form gets shut down too. Then what? The licenses will mean nothing because the developers and interim company that is currently holding on by their fingernails will lose their tentative grip due to the unrelenting forces that are currently enforcing the interest of the big movie studios and media conglomerates.
That's is fine by the rest of us-no one is forcing you buy but since you don't want to Read Facts and make up facts then that is your choice to do but sadly your in the minority camp.
I've seen this all before in many other guises. It happened with Napster and the RIAA law suits and all the other file sharing companies that copied that model.
What does Napster have anything to do with Anydvd. This couldn't be further from the Truth. You've seen nothing just "alice in wonderland" is what you been seeing for all anyone cares-of which they could care less about.
This current situation can be likened to that era the only difference is that it's the big movie studios and media juggernauts that are going to eventually win out over us and our drowned out voices of "fair use" will be a fading cry in the wind from an era that has passed.
This is amusing you argue about how the Studios are interfering and yet make hypocritical arguments that have no bases to start with.

Last edited:
That question was asked 4+ years ago.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

That question was asked 4+ years ago.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

So what and your point is??? It relates to the history and development of how AnyDVD came to be and intellectual property rights. I've been a customer of Elby (Elaborate Bytes) since 1998 and in just what year where you born in???

No need for ALL of you that see this as an attack on AnyDVD to come at me with such hostility. I think it was a great product when ELby owned it and then Sly Soft acquired it because Elby could not sell it anymore due to copyright infringement and providing a means for piracy. All I was trying to point out is that as a long time user that has seen the morphing of a great product through many phases of development that those that have recently come to know the product might want to hold off on buying the lifetime licenses because of recent events. NOTHING lasts FOREVER...!!! All I was suggesting was to take a wait and see attitude before plunking your hard cash on something that might be GONE tomorrow for GOOD!!! THAT'S ALL...!!!

The point is that the question or how anydvd first started has nothing more to do with your op or even this section entirely. The license and purchase section is reserved for license and purchase related questions only. Not for history lessons.

The same could be said for AnyDVD at anytime in it's history, it could have gone at anytime if the CEO hadn't spent years fighting legal battles

First off Facts Elby didn't create Anydvd that was from Slysoft so your facts are already wrong to start with. Got problem go complain to Slysoft.
Fact also missed RedFox has nothing to do with Slysoft and another person whom fail to Read the Facts of what happened again and cherry picking their own facts and making up facts. Elby again didn't create Anydvd that was from Slysoft and then they closed RedFox got the rights to use Anydvd HD license.
If you really Read the Facts your Slysoft license works up to 7.6.9.5 and that was all. How about Reading the posted Facts instead of making stories here.
No one is forcing you to buy RedFox and since you refuse to listen the Facts of the News about Slysoft demise that is your choice but most have lived reality and moved on.
No one burned you, that is your "alice in wonderland" fantasy. Again not Reading Facts and still cling onto "alice in wonderland" story.
And you think RedFox software is the only one of the target. Hello, get out and see what's out there ok. You could get run over the next day but you still get out of your house right? Getting out of the ArmChair Quarterback will help you have better outlook on life itself.
There is no valid points - all are the same whining posts that talk to the Wall. Slysoft is dead and your License Ended with Slysoft because of AACS-LA, go and complain to them.
Really someone whom talks about having valid points but seems to seemingly ignore the Facts of the Events and what has happened seems to be making incoherent points.
Elby and Slysoft aren't the same company and also Fact Elby software by themselves can't decrypt the movies that was Anydvd that was from Slysoft - those software from Elby had nothing to worry from the AACS-LA to close.
Those are player software what does those have anything to do with how Anydvd decrypts movies? Absolutely nothing. This is what irks me trying to cling to straws to something that has no links.
Anydvd has nothing to do with optical media history or usage-how one comes to this delusional "alice in wonderland' is just that pure fantasy.
That's is fine by the rest of us-no one is forcing you buy but since you don't want to Read Facts and make up facts then that is your choice to do but sadly your in the minority camp.
What does Napster have anything to do with Anydvd. This couldn't be further from the Truth. You've seen nothing just "alice in wonderland" is what you been seeing for all anyone cares-of which they could care less about.
This is amusing you argue about how the Studios are interfering and yet make hypocritical arguments that have no bases to start with.

WRONG ON MANY POINTS...!!! You should read and do your own research and BTW I've been using these products since Elby (Elaborate Bytes) came into existence

The same could be said for AnyDVD at anytime in it's history, it could have gone at anytime if the CEO hadn't spent years fighting legal battles

Very True...not arguing that point. I'm just making the argument that it's days are numbered and that it probably will not be around much longer so you might want to hold onto your money. OH and BTW I don't think that just one person developed AnyDVD but rather a small group of developers three or four that has kept this product alive over the last ten years or so.

That's your view, personally I'm happy to pay out for a lifetime license as are many others. I got 8 years out of my last licence which means I paid less than $10 a year for something that I've had a lot of use out of, so even if AnyDVD was to go down in the next year or so I'd say even with the cost of the old and the new license I've had a good deal.

As to saying 'it's days are numbered' well that's an obvious statement as eventually there will be no need for it once they stop producing optical media

The point is that the question or how anydvd first started has nothing more to do with your op or even this section entirely. The license and purchase section is reserved for license and purchase related questions only. Not for history lessons.

I beg to differ in my opinion it has everything to do WITH IT...!!! BECAUSE I have bought this product over the years more than a dozen times. AND I was trying to perhaps sound out a warning that the "JIG" might be UP...!!! That just because a new "Set of Hands" is still developing and selling the product doesn't mean that it will be available tomorrow or for the foreseeable future for you to enjoy your "lifetime license" that's ALL...!!!

That's your view, personally I'm happy to pay out for a lifetime license as are many others. I got 8 years out of my last licence which means I paid less than $10 a year for something that I've had a lot of use out of, so even if AnyDVD was to go down in the next year or so I'd say even with the cost of the old and the new license I've had a good deal

No doubt so have I...!!! Been using it since 1998 when it was CloneDVD and there was no DRM or encryption on DVD discs. I was directing my post more at people that might have com e to the product later rather than earlier.

All you are doing is just repeating yourself and not saying anything that others haven't said or thought before you, for most of us don't care what you think, we still want to use the software and are fully aware that it may go down at anytime, just like it could have gone down in any previous incarnation. Not sure why you think this time round is any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back