• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Captain phillips ripping error

pointdexter5903

I am receiving an error at the 54% ripping point on Captain Phillips. Is there a beta version I can download to rip this dvd?

I am receiving an error at the 54% ripping point on Captain Phillips. Is there a beta version I can download to rip this dvd?

Had no problem rip to image with Anydvd 7.4.2.0. Sounds like bad media or bad drive....log file????

I'm getting a similar issue ripping to HDD at exactly 50% - error reading sectors. (Capt. Philips Blu-ray). AnyDVD HD 7.4.7.0.
Drive firmware up to date and don't usually have any issues.
I would normally use IMGBurn to create the disc.

I can produce logs if somneone will tell me at what point one right-clicks the taskbar icon and selects Create Logfile.

Last edited:
You click it when anydvd finished scanning the disc after you inserted it and the icon if back solid red.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Error reading from drive Y:!
Sectors: 10336768-10336799
Sectors: 10336800-10336831

Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

That's what I thought but the disc is brand new and I even washed it after the first reject and cannot see any defects. I'll see if I can exchange it for another copy, thanks for the input.
The drive checks out A-1 in tests and has no firmware updates available, so it's very puzzling. This is the first time for me with this sort of error.

That's what I thought but the disc is brand new and I even washed it after the first reject and cannot see any defects.

You can't see defects at the microscopic level. You can see physical damage not laser created defects. Washing it will not fix defects either it will clean any greasy finger prints but microscopic error you will not see or fix.

I realise that. BTW I tried ripping using IMGBurn and it also failed.

The disk although it looked fine, must have been faulty anyway as it seized up a couple of times when I played it, tried my Sony and Oppo BR players. So I'm exchanging it, hopefully for a better quality one.
The place I rent them from doesn't always have the best stock.
Thanks for the link.

The disk although it looked fine, must have been faulty anyway as it seized up a couple of times when I played it, tried my Sony and Oppo BR players. So I'm exchanging it, hopefully for a better quality one.
The place I rent them from doesn't always have the best stock.
Thanks for the link.

Well you already told yourself the problem was evident when you tried to play it and it didn't work correctly. If you want more support you should first buy and own it to get more support help.

The issue is closed as far as I'm concerned. Sorry I interrupted someone else's thread.

First off I only played it on my PC initially and secondly, I haven't asked for more support only some feedback.

That would seem to be an effort for some.

Last edited:
If you want more support you should first buy and own it to get more support help.

Why is that?
AnyDVD has supported the concept of ripping to "timeshift" rentals for a long time now.

-W

Well you already told yourself the problem was evident when you tried to play it and it didn't work correctly. If you want more support you should first buy and own it to get more support help.

People have also purchased rental discs when stores reduce stock. I purchased quite a few DVDs when Blockbuster ended their rental businesses. Are people who own legally purchased copies of rental discs not allowed Slysoft support?

I rent a disc and want to watch it on my PC. Am I supposed to turn off AnyDVD? Doing so with some discs results in an unwatchable experience.

Sometimes rental discs have different copy protection from that on normal retail discs. Slysoft needs to know about ALL the copy protections so they can do proper customer support.

If you don't want to help someone with a rental disc then don't reply.

Last edited:
Rental companies, although they never admit it, often replicate discs themselves too or buy specially made bulk orders, so those copies may not be very good quality.
I doubt the copy protection is any different from the purchased disc in most cases. There have been a fair number of prosecutions of rental companies for using pirate stock.

Back