• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't Run Mass Effect 2 since updating to v.4.0.2.7

mike3560

Title says it all.

Mass Effect 2

version 1.02 cd

U.S. of A in English

Securom

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel core 2 duo 2.4 GHz

It says "Failed to authenticate disk"

Last edited:
I can confirm this with v4.0.2.7. It needs to be noted that the USA release of ME2 on DVD does not employ SecuROM. The protection is, in fact, a disc check as was the case with Dragon Age: Origins. Oddly, my Dragon Age: Origins profile didn't break. I tried creating a brand new ME2 profile using the Automatic setting, as I have always done with this disc check games, and it resulted in the same message when trying to launch the resulting profile after an apparent successful creation.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Upgrade to v4.0.2.8 and re-profile. If it still fails we'll take it form there.

I can confirm this with v4.0.2.7. It needs to be noted that the USA release of ME2 on DVD does not employ SecuROM. The protection is, in fact, a disc check as was the case with Dragon Age: Origins. Oddly, my Dragon Age: Origins profile didn't break. I tried creating a brand new ME2 profile using the Automatic setting, as I have always done with this disc check games, and it resulted in the same message when trying to launch the resulting profile after an apparent successful creation.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

So this game is not using Securom, and simply performs a check that the DVD is in the drive?

Have you tried image mode?

So this game is not using Securom, and simply performs a check that the DVD is in the drive?

Mass Effect 1 used SecuROM but BioWare made it known that ME2 didn't. It's just a disc check. The real protection they are using is the one-time activation codes for bonus items and the Cerberus Network which also requires a registration key but even without it you can play the game.

It's possible other regions may have different protections but the US retail boxed game only has the disc check.

Have you tried image mode?

I hadn't, no. I'll see if I can try to do it tomorrow.

Last edited:
I had tried image mode without luck. I will update later today and see if I can get a new profile to work.

And yes, I made a mistake involving the copy protection, it is NOT Securom for ME2, it is as Drinklyeanddie stated.

Yes, I can also confirm Image Mode doesn't work. The same message appears about the failure to authenticate the disc.

Ok we will need to get a hold of this game and take a look. In the meantime can you please post the log files?

Just wanted to confirm

I'm having the same issue with Mass Effect 2 on v4.0.2.8. This was working with 4.0.2.6, I believe.

I am also running Windows 7 x64 Professional.

Ok we will need to get a hold of this game and take a look. In the meantime can you please post the log files?

Just FYI I didn't miss or ignore this post matthew. I just haven't been able to mess around with the game, game disc, etc.

Stupid question Matthew, but where would I found the log files?

Stupid question Matthew, but where would I found the log files?

Unless something has changed that I am unaware of the instructions in the post here should still hold true.

1. Turn on Advanced logging.
    • In Game Jackal, go to "General Settings" then check "Enable Advanced Logging". Now try running your profile. Please note this setting is reset upon each restart of Game Jackal.
    • The method of obtaining the log file will depend on the Game Jackal version you are running.
      For v3.2.0.2 and above (including v4), right-click the profile and select "View log", from here you can export the log files as a zip file using the "Export" button.
      For pre v3.2.0.2, navigate to your Game Jackal folder (typically C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal where "C:" is your hard drive if you use Windows XP), you will see a log file called "Summary.log". Zip this file up into "Summary.zip".
    • When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
      attach.gif
      (in other words, look for the paper clip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
    • If you don't see that paper clip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paper clip.
    • A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forums)
    • Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the zip file
    • Click "Upload"
    • Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

We are still waiting for ME2 to arrive. However we believe that we have found the issue and are looking into it.

Well, I tried to create a log for ME2 today, so here it is. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• ME2.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 4
Updating to v4.1.0.0 beta and/or v4.1.0.1 beta resolved the problem for me.

I also got it working in 4.0.2.7 by disabling the launch pad in the registry.

Back