• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't rip Ted blu ray , anyone else had this ?

Seefee

As above I have tried ripping Ted Bd directly to iso using only AnyDVD HD .

After inserting the BD , the status says removed protection. I am also running the latest AnyDVD version.

When I play the iso on my laptop, I can't get past chapter 3 or so.

When I connect an ext HDD with the iso file on it to my WDTV player , it takes about 3 mins to read the file , then starts from maybe 30 mins into the movie but says it is 0:00 time , with 1:08 mins or some thing remaining. But will only play about 10mins anyway.

Has anyone else had this issue ?

I tried a search on here but no hits so maybe I am doing something wrong ? Any help most appreciated.

Last edited:
Try a commercial playback software (powerDVD, TMT). To play on the WD HDTV you'll need to make a movie only copy.

It's not an AnyDVD issue.

Try a commercial playback software (powerDVD, TMT). To play on the WD HDTV you'll need to make a movie only copy.

It's not an AnyDVD issue.

All other movies I have ripped using AnyDVD play just fine on the WDTV player though.

I will try providing further info.

Last edited:
The BD is UK , I presume region B.

I have tried to attach the logfile.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.3.0_Info_F_TED_G55.zip
    270.6 KB · Views: 22
When I tried playing the iso on my laptop , I was using WinDVD (which plays BD ) and it failed too. I could try to see if its software needs updating too.

Failing that , would the AnyDVD beta be worth a shot ? Not sure when Ted was released on BD.

At the moment there isn't a beta later than the version you're using. Did AnyDVD HD ask you what region the disc was?

Last edited:
At the moment there isn't a beta later than the version you're using. Did AnyDVD HD ask you what region the disc was?

No it did not , it never has. Is this something the new software version does ?

Btw, the original blu seems to play fine, I can skip thru all the chapters till the end. Can anyone comment on the log file I posted please .

Last edited:
To test, if a disc is working: DON'T RIP.
Just use it with AnyDVD running.
You can even mount the drive with the original as a NTFS folder inside of a network share. So you can even test if the Popcorn / HiMedia / Dune / ... would play the decrypted disc.
You can easily play with AnyDVD's settings until it works, without ripping again and again and again...

I don't use network shares , I just connect ripped images on an ext hdd directly to the wdtv.

So what are the settings of AnyDVD that can be played with ?

With AnyDVD running I can skip chapters on the original bd all the way to the end.

Last edited:
Does the log file above shed any light pls ?
Apparently not, else James would have given a definitive answer.

Go back and re-read James' instructions. First, try playing the original disc (NOT just skipping thru chapters) on your PC, thru at least a few minutes past where the WDTV gave up. Then, set the drive up as a network share and see if the WDTV will play the original disc that way.

James did not say a network share was the problem. He suggested you try playback over a network share to help detect where the problem is. (IMO, it's most likely either a WDTV playback issue or a rip error caused by a dirty and/or defective disc and/or drive.)

I just watched the whole movie on the original blu ray disc on my Denon blu ray player.

It played beginning to end without issue.

The rip I performed ealier , I let it play on my laptop. It is playing beyond where the laptop gives up if I skip chapters so that is kind of interesting.

I still would need to set up network shares which I have not done before but will try to look into. Thanks for the tips so far.

I don't believe the WDTV will play ISO or playlist: only the m2ts files.

If the movie has been fragmented into multiple m2ts files, then you will probably only be able to play one at a time, plus if they are deliberately out of sequence it may appear as if you are starting playback partway through.

By creating a movie-only version with ClownBD (with the use of AnyDVD for decrypting), any fragmented m2ts files will be consolidated into a single m2ts file according to the playlist, which should then play all the way through with WDTV.

If the movie has been fragmented into multiple m2ts files, then you will probably only be able to play one at a time, plus if they are deliberately out of sequence it may appear as if you are starting playback partway through.

By creating a movie-only version with ClownBD (with the use of AnyDVD for decrypting), any fragmented m2ts files will be consolidated into a single m2ts file according to the playlist, which should then play all the way through with WDTV.

Good suggestion.

I had a similar problem with clownBD ripping terminator salvation due to the branching streams , an update to clownBD I think fixed that. I will probably try handbrake to downrez it to 720p to save memory.

The handbrake ATV2 preset conversion 720p plays just fine.

I've had this same problem as the original poster describes with several Bluerays. Runs for 33 mins or so then stops. I use image burn which doesn't shrink. The file size indicates the entire movie was copied however it stops. So far I'm less than 50% success getting blueray ISO to play. I see a lot of these same problems in the forum. Total Recall, won't play properly either. I use WD LIVE but have tried playing with powerdvd etc... Any help appreciated.

Yea, WD lives plays iso files just fine.

I've had this same problem as the original poster describes with several Bluerays. Runs for 33 mins or so then stops. I use image burn which doesn't shrink. The file size indicates the entire movie was copied however it stops. So far I'm less than 50% success getting blueray ISO to play. I see a lot of these same problems in the forum. Total Recall, won't play properly either. I use WD LIVE but have tried playing with powerdvd etc... Any help appreciated.
Try setting AnyDVD HD to default and seeing if it works. I've over 1000 Blu-ray ISO's and have no issues with playback on PC or when written back to BD-R

I completely uninstall it, ran cccleaner as someone suggested and reinstalled it and still have the same problem. I am running any DVD in the default mode. Have you been able to copy Ted? Or total recall for that matter? I'm running on a 64 bit Windows 7 software, would that make any difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

So where are your logfiles?
Lots of people have been able to copy both films

Back