• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't rip Lost Season 5 Disc 1

D

DrXenos

When I try to rip Lost Season 5 Disc I get this error message:
"IFOTitles 3"

I don't know what it means. I've only found one tool that can rip it. I'm new to AnyDVD (just bought a license yesterday). I'd like to know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
DrX

When I try to rip Lost Season 5 Disc I get this error message:
"IFOTitles 3"

I don't know what it means. I've only found one tool that can rip it. I'm new to AnyDVD (just bought a license yesterday). I'd like to know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
DrX
Make sure, you use the latest beta version.

Thanks for the quick response. I installed the latest beta and rebooted. I get the same error.

Thanks.

Here is the log file, if helpful.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.9.1.8_Info_D_L5T-0N-NT1.1_DES.zip
    353.2 KB · Views: 16
Why are you running DVD Fab at the same time? You don't need two ripper tools accessing the DVD simultaneously.

Likely a protection issue

Here is the log file, if helpful.

Left click the AnyDVD tray icon and open "Video DVD" and "Settings".

Look to the lower right there for "AI Scanner".

Please set the AI scanner to "always enabled", close that, insert the DVD and let's see

Don't forget to revert the setting to automatic when done.

He's not

Why are you running DVD Fab at the same time? You don't need two ripper tools accessing the DVD simultaneously.

If you look at the running processes you'll see that's not running.
He has some other issue.

Chris:
I am not running DVDFab or any other ripper at the same time.

Frank:
I tried your suggestion and I get the same error.

It is only this one disc. All the others of the entire collection rip just fine.

Thanks,
DrX

As a data point, I tried a different computer (my gaming rig). It has two optical drives. One, a very old Sony writer, can't even read the disc. With the second, a much newer Sony, I get an identical error as with my laptop.

My DVD player (an Oppo Digital) can play the disc fine.

DVD Decrypter with RipIt4Me rips it, but thinks the disc holds 20GB!

DVDFab can rip it fine, but chokes on the rest of the season's disc (which AnyDVD can rip fine).

Thanks.

Could just be a borderline bum disk.

-W

Is there a surefire way to tell if the disc is bad or just finicky because of the games they play to stop you from ripping it?

Can anyone confirm that they are able to rip Lost season 5 disc 1 (from The Complete Collection) using AnyDVD?

Thanks,

DrX

Gotcha.

I didn't view the log - just went on the verbal reported part.

-W

Yes. He was saying the disk is likely OK.

-W

Hi James. Are you saying the disc is most likely OK? I hope so. The set cost me enough!

I think so, yes. But I can't be 100% sure.

You are the first person reporting this, and Lost Season 5 is available since December 2009.
I'm pretty sure that someone must have used AnyDVD on the first disc in the past.

Yes, I have seem comments on the web where people have not had an issue with the disc, but they didn't indicate whether it from The Season 5 box set or from The Complete Collection. Mine is from the latter. I'm wondering if they might be different.

As I wrote earlier, I was able to rip it with a competitor's software, but I purchased yours instead because 1) it was able to rip a lot of other discs that the other software couldn't, and 2) your site seems more reputable. That last statement is, of course, just my supposition (but I've read a lot of bad things about the credit card processors they use, and since I've recently had my card number stolen and misused, I'm a little gun-shy).

Sorry, I went a little off on a tangent. :)

I've ripped the entire collection (barring that one frustrating disc) with AnyDVD, and I must say: it has a simplest, cleaned interface of all. No noise. And as a software engineer of 20 yrs. (real-time, embedded systems mostly), that is something I really appreciate.

Thanks, again.

As I wrote earlier, I was able to rip it with a competitor's software, but I purchased yours instead because 1) it was able to rip a lot of other discs that the other software couldn't, and 2) your site seems more reputable.

This company is indeed far more reputable.
The other one is just one more "Chinese knockoff" of a real product. :D
I bought a lifetime license for AnyDVD and never looked back.

-W

OK, higher gods required

Frank:
I tried your suggestion and I get the same error.

It is only this one disc. All the others of the entire collection rip just fine.
Thanks,
DrX

Thanks for the feedback. OK, that was worth a try and as James said, IFO Titlex x usually means something bad and not a data error like usual.
I was coming from actions used in the past for such an IFO error and, to be honest, I do *not* believe in selective protections. Logically, if this DVD is in a set and all others work just peachy then there is something on this one disc that is causing AnyDVD to fall on its nose outside the intent of the studio to stop fair-use. Reads: James has to come up a solution outside the evil protection envelope.

I exit gracefully now.

Back