• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't play any backed up CD's

laurence-2539

Hi
I have Clone CD installed and have updated it to the latest version. My problem is that I have a number of original CD's that i want to backup. I can copy the original cd's "on the fly" ok and also by reading the origianl cd's the cd's and then writing the image to a disc. All seems to work OK but when I try and play any of the backed up cd's nothing happens. I have tried using my PC and various CD players to play the backed up CD's but nothing will play them. I have also tried using different media but the problem is the same. If anyone can offer any advice I would be very gratefull.
As it is at the moment I may as well not have purchased the program.
Thankyou
Laurence-2539

What CD's are you trying to copy? Are you running AnyDVD in the background? I assume music Cd's and I haven't run across one yet that the combination of AnyDVD and CloneCD won't handle. As a side note I never copy on the fly.

Hi Spanky
Thank you for your reply. As you may have gathered I am very new to all of this so I really appreciate your imput.
I purchased Clone DVD, Any DVD and Clone CD with all being successfully installed on my desktop pc. None of these are set to Auto Start.
I have used Clone DVD [after first launching Any DVD] to succesfully back up some DVD's. This was a great achievement for me !
The CD's I am trying to back up are originals by Enya that have been played many, many times as back-ground music. When I tried to back them up I only launched Any CD. Should I have also launched Any DVD before using Clone CD ?
Your advice would be appreciated.
Laurence-2539

PS I assume copying "on the fly" is not good. Is this a quality issue ?
Thakyou
L

I would try it, open AnyDVD with no disks in the drives, insert the CD and let it completely scan, then open CloneCD. "On the fly" copying is open to debate but it can be problematic I've found, so I just avoid it.

Hi Spanky
I followed your directions exactly ie "open AnyDVD with no disks in the drives, insert the CD and let it completely scan, then open CloneCD."
I tried to play the backed up music CD's on two [2] stand alone CD players plus the CD player in my vehicle but to no avail.
When I loaded the backed up discs into my PC, I get the following error meesage
"D:\ is not accessible
Incorrect function"
I am using Verbatim CD-R discs.
Any further advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
Laurence-2539

I’m sorry I just don’t have any further advice. The method used works for me, there must be something going on I’m not familiar with. The only other thing that comes to mind is slowing the record speed, I usually record at 16x even on those high speed blanks.

Success

Hi Spanky
After studying the online tutorial for CloneCD I was able to determine how to alter the speed settings. The Read and Write settings were both adjusted from the default setting of "maximum" down to 8. Unfortunately, this did not alter the outcome as I could not play the backed up discs that were read and written at the slower speeds. My next move was to completely remove CloneCD then re-install it. I then went through the process of backing up one of my original CD's again and this time the outcome was entirely successful. :rock:
I don't know what went wrong with the original installation but I probably did something incorrectly. Anyway, all is well and I thank you for your advice and assistance.
Many thanks
Laurence-2539

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how you solved your problem. All too often folks who get a successful suggestion or figure out their problem for themselves just disappear without sharing the knowledge. The possibility of an installation snafu just didn’t occur to me but it’s in my trick bag now.

Back