• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't open VCD! error

I was stuck in this same problem today. I was finally able to get it to work.
The steps I used (may not need all of these, but it worked for me)

1) Use the VCD Uninstaller
2) Reboot
3) Browse to \Program Files (x86) and delete the Elaborate bytes folder
4) Use msconfig -> startup and remove the VCD on startup
4) Reboot
5) Go into device manager, if you still see the Virtual Clone Drive device installed, not sure why it remains but mine did, right-click -> uninstall and also select remove driver software
6) Reboot
7) Use http://www.revouninstaller.com/ and you will see it is still listed in there as installed, click uninstall using option 4, it will say something about the original uninstaller won't work and continues on using its uninstall. When that is done click next and you will see all the registry keys left behind, remove all those and close the uninstaller.
8) Reboot
9) Install this beta

I did all of that and mine is now working on Windows7 64bit just fine. You may be able to skip all the way to step 7, but i did all those steps and it is working fine now.

After following many suggestions here, I wasn't able to fix this issue on my machine. Granted, I'm running the latest Win7 build (7068), so that may have some effect.

However, if you press F8 during boot, and start up with 'Disable Driving Signing Enforcement' it may help. I was able to get this going with that technique. Not quite as nice, and somewhat of a hassle, but it may do the trick. Also, you may be interested in 'ReadyDriver Plus' which can automate this procedure if you take this route. I haven't used it, but many people have.

I just updated my Windows Vista 64-bit to the Service Pack 2. Now I got the same problem like the Win7 64-bit Users, orange triangle in the device manager, driver problem, I dunno...
We need some compatible software :)

No issues with VCD on Vista 64 with SP2 on 5 machines

I would like to confirm that installing Virtual Clone drive by starting up with 'Disable Driving Signing Enforcement' allowed me to install the program successfully. Apparently, for me, there was a problem verifying the certificate on my machine.

Hello, I've been trying to get VCD installed on my home PC (running Windows XP Home Edition SP3). I followed DmgInc's steps (altered for XP) and when I reinstall, I continue to get an error message when it tries to install the driver. I see the "has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP" message, but I click Continue Anyway, and then on the main install window I see "Installing Driver... Please wait!" and another small window pops up saying "Installation failed!"

It doesn't provide me with any further information than that, but I know that it finishes the install, and when I try to mount an image through the shell it gives me the Error: "Can't open VCD!" error.

Any suggestions on how to get this working with WinXP? I'm sure I just need to get the driver installed, but how??

Is there nobody that has any suggestion on how I can get VCD working on a WinXP SP3 system? I much prefer the simplicity of VCD over Daemon Tools Lite, and would like to use VCD, but if I can't get it running then I'm forced to go with something that works.

Is there nobody that has any suggestion on how I can get VCD working on a WinXP SP3 system? I much prefer the simplicity of VCD over Daemon Tools Lite, and would like to use VCD, but if I can't get it running then I'm forced to go with something that works.

If you followed all the steps that DmgInc listed to no avail, you certainly have a persistant trace of VCD left behind somewhere

Maybe a system restore to a point prior to your 1st attempt to intall VCD may help

Fixing the Can't Open VCD Problem

Hello all,

I was browsing the forum and saw that others were having a similar problem to what I was having. I had the yellow triangle under "Virtual CloneDrive" in "Storage Controllers" under Device Manager, with a code 52 about signed drivers.

I was able to fix this in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit by right clicking Virtual CloneDrive in Device Manager, click Uninstall, and check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device". Once you do this and uninstall VirtualCloneDrive, then reinstall it, it will prompt you to reinstall the driver.

If you don't do the uninstall and delete the old driver, you can reinstall VCD all you want, but it won't prompt you for the driver - and that's the key.

Hope that helps.

Back