• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't open VCD! error

Crazywhitie

I just installed VCD on Windows 7 64 bit, After the install runs fine I reboot... I try to load an ISO file and get "Error: Can't Open VCD!"... the file shows that it's related to VCD and everything.. the setting I have checked are Virtual Sheep, Keep History of last Mounted files, Buffered I/O...

I have had the Buffered I/O unchecked and still the same things happening.. Any help would be great thanks

I try to load an ISO file and get "Error: Can't Open VCD!"...
How? Can you try to mount via the explorer shell extension (as explained in the manual)?

Oh yes i'm using the new Beta... VCD 5.4.2.3....

Also Windows says it's install, I can click on the Icon and mess with the settings... but No Drive shows up, I only won't 1 but tired 2 and 3 and still nothing

Does Virtual CloneDrive show up in device manager under storage controllers?

Oh yes i'm using the new Beta... VCD 5.4.2.3....

Also Windows says it's install, I can click on the Icon and mess with the settings... but No Drive shows up, I only won't 1 but tired 2 and 3 and still nothing

Did Windows ask you if you want to install the driver from Elaborate Bytes? Did you answer yes?

Does Virtual CloneDrive show up in device manager under storage controllers?

Yes but there is a yellow Triangle...

Did Windows ask you if you want to install the driver from Elaborate Bytes? Did you answer yes?

It did one time and didn't work, I then turn Off that user Control crap... uninstalled with your Uninstaller 2008... reset computer, then reinstalled VCD that time I don't think it asked me...

And what is the error?

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

sorry was just about to post it

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

sorry was just about to post it
Now that's strange. Looks like the driver signature isn't accepted. Please check C:\Windows\System32\ElbyCDIO.dll, right click, properties, digital signatures. Is the signature ok? If not, please check the certificate path.

EDIT: You did let Windows 7 download the available updates?

Now that's strange. Looks like the driver signature isn't accepted. Please check C:\Windows\System32\ElbyCDIO.dll, right click, properties, digital signatures. Is the signature ok? If not, please check the certificate path.

EDIT: You did let Windows 7 download the available updates?

That files not there? Yes Windows 7 is updated fully

Digital Signature Information
This Digital Signature is OK

Signer Information:
Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
E-Mail: admin@elby.ch
Signing Time: ‎Thursday, ‎January ‎29, ‎2009 1:54:47 PM

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling with UAC and antivirus stuff disabled?

I'm not going to move to Windows 7 64 bit until someone releases a DirectX 11 video card, so I can't verify whether VCD is working properly under the 64 bit edition of Windows 7.

I believe I did but will gave it another go..

Well, you might want to wait to see if James or someone else verifies that VCD works under the 64 bit edition of Windows 7.

I can only tell you that it works fine under Vista 64 bit SP1. Sorry

Well, you might want to wait to see if James or someone else verifies that VCD works under the 64 bit edition of Windows 7.

I can only tell you that it works fine under Vista 64 bit SP1. Sorry

No Problem I'll try everything, I miss that program.... I uninstalled(files, reg.) and reinstalled still hitting the same problem...

Oh, it certainly does on my test machine.

Back