• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't login online to HBO Max through provider

Greg Alex

This issue has nothing to do with AS

With the release of the new AS version that added support to HBO I decided to give it a shot by logging to HBO online through prime (I don't have a stand alone HBO account). I should also mention that I am using a VPN.

Every time I click to log in I get "Sorry can't connect to HBO Max now", or i get a white page. I also got as far as logging in and when I click to give permission to HBO to authenticate my registration once again I get Can't Connect message.

Is that something on their end, or is my VPN not getting through. I tested multiple servers, same thing

HBO Max is very VPN un-friendly. You'll need to disable it.

HBO Max is very VPN un-friendly. You'll need to disable it.
Problem is, I'm not US based, so VPN would be my best and only option to get HBO. Amazon is not a problem, my first experience directly with HBO is not pleasant

To be honest though, I'm not fully convinced if VPN is the culprit, if that was the case wouldn't HBO just tell me to disable any VPN or proxy to log in? That's what I usually get if I don't have VPN on

Problem is, I'm not US based, so VPN would be my best and only option to get HBO. Amazon is not a problem, my first experience directly with HBO is not pleasant

To be honest though, I'm not fully convinced if VPN is the culprit, if that was the case wouldn't HBO just tell me to disable any VPN or proxy to log in? That's what I usually get if I don't have VPN on
This is what I got trying to connect with my VPN.

"Can’t Connect
We’re having issues connecting to HBO Max right now. Please try again."

was actually able to finally register, but yeah, as you said, must be VPN acting wonky.

While on topic, can anyone please recommend a good VPN to use with HBO.....if there's one.

Back