• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't get rid of English Descriptive on backups from CloneBD

I'm trying another standard TrueHD disc right now to see if it was just a one off (takes a couple of hours to compress/burn on my setup)

Just to update- Same issue with the other standard TrueHD disc.
Either this is a bug in CloneBD when keeping TrueHD and encoding video or that feature hasn't been implemented yet :)
I'd be interested to see if anyone else can reproduce this.

Pretty sure it must be a bug then if normal TrueHD tracks don't work either. Pretty sure they did before.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Actually I did say it could be the Atmos (I mention it in my first post in this thread). Atmos is built into the TrueHD track on both of these films which is what I suspect is causing the problem. The way I got round it was to get CloneBD to convert the HD audio track to AC3 rather than keep the HD Audio

The Op needs to untick the English AC3 track as that is purely descriptive audio, so if he doesn't want to ever hear a descriptive audio track then he needs to remove that track completely

Thanks, I'll try checking the box to convert to AC3, and unchecking the othe AC3.

Just to update- Same issue with the other standard TrueHD disc.
Either this is a bug in CloneBD when keeping TrueHD and encoding video or that feature hasn't been implemented yet :)
I'd be interested to see if anyone else can reproduce this.

Hi ddjmagic, so you are saying that when you didn't compress to 25gb, and used a 50gb disc you were able to get the TRUHD stream? If so I will buy a pack of the Verbatim 50gb discs.

Thanks, I'll try checking the box to convert to AC3, and unchecking the othe AC3.

Hi Adbear, I did as you suggested and checked the box to change TruHD to AC3 and it worked! I have English only. I have a question about it. I also ordered 50gb discs as DDJMAGIC said he was able to keep the TruHD stream by not compressing. Is there a sound difference or change to surround sound between TruHD and AC3? Or would i not notice it? I have a Sony receiver that processes TruHD and all formats. Just got it. Thank you again for your help.

All depends on your hearing and how well the room is set up. In a perfect room with the speakers set up properly I can hear a difference, but not much. In the average house with a normal setup I doubt you'll hear any difference

I don't understand why this happens. When i try the track from the TRUHD, nothing plays, only the AC3 track with descriptive. The foreign language tracks are also desriptive. It is being played in a Sony BP-1500 3D BluRay player that I updated the firmware on. It goes into a Sony STR-DN850 Surround Sound system via the HDMI jack.

I found that the audio descriptive language is in the #2. English AC3 5.1, 448Kbps. So turn that off and leave the other English languages on. Using the "Show preview" process a few minutes then Abort and view the file created to see if that removed the audio description.

There's no need to even do that. Just click on a title in the titel preview (where CloneBD shows all available video titles), and a built in player will be displayed. Using the orange slide-out on the right you can then select an audio/subtitle track and preview IRL how it will affect the output, without the need of converting at all

I tried Ch3vron ways and the audio descriptive language doesn't play in the preview. So I still have to use the short copy method to ensure that the track is removed. Here is the start of IDR which when played in CloneBD was not played but when backed up is there.

Sorry the upload would not accept the mp4 file. But it works fine if I leave audit language #1.English DTS-HD multi-ch and #9.English AC3 checked but uncheck #2.English AC3 multi-ch.

After all this time I can't believe RedFox hasn't acknowledge this as a problem for people!

After all this time I can't believe RedFox hasn't acknowledge this as a problem for people!
Why would they need to? When converting to a file format such as .mp4 the problem is usually caused by the playback software not recognising the HD audio stream so it then skips to then next available audio track it can decode. This has been known since Blu-rays came out. There's nothing Elby (CloneBD is not a Redfox product) can do about that as it's purely down to the playback software on whether it can decode the HD audio stream or not.

Sorry I confused Elby with Redfox.

But the point I was trying to make is that you can use Makemkv (freeware) to make a mkv file, play the file in VCL Media Player and there isn't a Audio Descriptive voice track. I can use AnyDVD and Handbrake (freeware) to make a mp4 file. Play it in VLC with no Audio Descriptive. (I don't think VLC has a Audio Descriptive setting to not play it.) Again you use AnyDVD and Clonebd to make mp4 file. Play it in VLC and the Audio Descriptive is played automatically.

I 'm just saying that it would be a nice feature for Clonebd to have a setting to remove the Audio Descriptive when making a mp4 file!

Automatically, not here. I make MKV/MP4s with CloneBD and they play just fine in VLC. It's a matter of selecting the correct tracks

The only reason you hear the descriptive track automatically is because you leave it in. So when your player can't decrypt the HD audio track it defaults to the next one available which happens to be descriptive. If you untick that audio track in CloneBD then you won't hear it

Back