• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cant copy The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug

himberd

Used official release 7.4.6.0 and beta 7.4.6.2

When trying to reauthor disc, it hung around 37%

Tried copying to disk image and at 50% get
FileIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOV 3817113600 342016

Disc looks pristine without scratches or smudges

FileIO3 is a read error. Since AnyDVD is known to handle this disk, you can almost bet it's defective.
Damaged disks have scratches and/ or smudges.
Defective is a minor defect causing a read error.
That said, follow the link in the post above - pay attention to step 5 and post a logfile.
Oddly enough, that sticky thread is titled: Please read this before you post.
-W

Last edited:
Cannot copy Netflix version of The Hobbit: DoS

Probably should have started another thread? My prob is everything ripped and burned fine using ImgBurn, but neither the burned disc, nor the .iso file when mounted on the Virtual Clone drive will play. I might get to the network connection, but that's it. Another oddity is that the original Netflix disk, while working fine in my standalone player, would not play in my Pioneer 2209 burner of my PC? My playback software is Power DVD 10. Except for this Hobbit: DoS disk, everything's been ripping, burning, and playing great.

With the most recent AnyDVD update, I thought I would try to mount the (non-working) .iso image, and create another .iso image running it through the most recent AnyDVD updated version. Tried the playback by mounting the new .iso. Got a Middle-Earth looking dialogue box, asking if I wanted to resume playback, (never saw that before), so I said "Yes!" Hopefully that did the trick, but alas it just did nothing after that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to attach three logfiles, two from the previous AnyDVD version, (an ImgBurn rip, and an AnyDVD rip), plus the most recent rip of the mounted .iso file using the latest version of AnyDVD.

Thanks in advance for your support!

- Bill

View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.7.0_Info_H_THE_HOBBIT_DESOLATION_OF_SMAUG.ziplog
View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.6.0_Info_E_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.6.0_Info_E_THE_HOBBIT_DESOLATION_OF_SMAUG.ziplog

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you try playing back and when it asks to resume say 'no' instead of 'yes'?
Also have you tried playing back the original disc with AnyDVD HD running? IF that works then there's no reason why a copy shouldn't work

I used 7.4.7.0 and it works fine maybe you need to try the newer version first.

You can't see any microscopic problem on the media so let's not think just cause you don't see it there isn't a error on the media. This is only if the media is truly bad but since we got no log file to even start to figure out the problem this is all speculation as to what is the problem.

I used 7.4.7.0 and it works fine, maybe you need to try the newer version first.

Doubtful
7.4.6.0 (04/15/14) handled the Hobbit. It was old hat by then.
SOP is to always update to latest, - but that's not applicable to this specific case.
I'm am surprised you just got around to doing The Hobbit now with 7.4.7.0 :D
Likely the media at fault in this particular case.

-W

PS: To the poster:
It's always a good idea to please update to the latest AnyDVD version (always found at the top thread on this forum), and to make sure your drive region is set properly, before posting up a logfile.
If nothing else this will eliminate getting "stock replies", that may or may not be relevant to your specific problem. Thereby saving you (and us all) a few steps along the way.

Last edited:
Doubtful
7.4.6.0 (04/15/14) handled the Hobbit. It was old hat by then.
SOP is to always update to latest - but I don't think that applies here.
I'm am surprised you just got around to doing The Hobbit now with 7.4.7.0 :D
Likely the media at fault in this particular case.

-W

Well for you info I didn't use it because I hadn't gotten the movie yet so your insight was misplaced this time....I mentioned that was because it was better to use the latest release to avoid any problems since the new release would be a better choice to use. I probably did handle in 7.4.6.0 but I rather use the latest release after getting the movie.

Probably should have started another thread?
Yes. You are talking about a blu-ray. Totally different story...

My prob is everything ripped and burned fine using ImgBurn, but neither the burned disc, nor the .iso file when mounted on the Virtual Clone drive will play. I might get to the network connection, but that's it. Another oddity is that the original Netflix disk, while working fine in my standalone player, would not play in my Pioneer 2209 burner of my PC? My playback software is Power DVD 10. Except for this Hobbit: DoS disk, everything's been ripping, burning, and playing great.

Try using AnyDVD default settings. Don't rip, just try to play the original disc and check, if this works.

Well for you info I didn't use it because I hadn't gotten the movie yet so your insight was misplaced this time....I mentioned that was because it was better to use the latest release to avoid any problems since the new release would be a better choice to use. I probably did handle in 7.4.6.0 but I rather use the latest release after getting the movie.

(sigh)
I meant doubtful that the earlier version could be the difference.
Not doubtful that you just finally got around to ripping "The Hobbit"...........
Meanwhile our guy has a Blu-Ray and posted in the DVD section - further adding to the confusion.
But James sorted this all out - he did!

-W

Back