• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't convert Pre-Processed Blu-ray Movies to MKV

worknstiff

I have been really tempted to buy your software but when using all the latest versions to convert some movies I've already converted to BD25, using BD_Rebuilder mostly, but not all. CloneBD loads the movie, lets me set all the options, but immediately crashes and says finished when I start to encode them. This happens with almost all of the converted films I have loaded from a disk or folder, but will let me convert the same movie from the original disk. I can't seem to figure out why it does this on almost all of the re-encoded movies I've tried. If you can fix this you will not only get my gratitude but also my money. Thanks

I have been really tempted to buy your software but when using all the latest versions to convert some movies I've already converted to BD25, using BD_Rebuilder mostly, but not all. CloneBD loads the movie, lets me set all the options, but immediately crashes and says finished when I start to encode them. This happens with almost all of the converted films I have loaded from a disk or folder, but will let me convert the same movie from the original disk. I can't seem to figure out why it does this on almost all of the re-encoded movies I've tried. If you can fix this you will not only get my gratitude but also my money. Thanks
You can trial the software all you want until they get the bugs fixed. If you find a bug, you need to e-mail them at bugs@elby.ch.

That way, the bugs get fixed, and you end up eventually buying the software. You need to describe in detail the cause of the bug, what you was doing, what OS you have, everything known and unknown so that elby can get to the root of the problem.

I've seen this issue on many but not all of my CloneBD backups. Original discs work. The same backups can be played without any issue and also converted to MKV using Handbrake.

I tried to get a log file from three of my most recent backups and the problem didn't occur. These backups were created using CloneBD 1.0.8.7 so maybe the issue has been resolved.

I've attached a log file from an older backup that reports success after zero seconds when using CloneBD 1.0.8.7. The backup is good apart from this issue. It plays and loads into CloneBD. It allows you to select and preview the main title. When you choose to create an MKV file, it processes it in zero seconds and creates an almost empty file.

EDIT: I reported this bug by email on the 14th July 2016. In the bug report, I also mention there is a message saying destination drive too slow. I'll try capturing it but it flashes up too quickly.

Attachments

• Zero processing time.png
    Zero processing time.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Mandela Long Walk To Freedom - Main feature.zip
    153.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
@ tectpro, RE: Please also provide an CloneBD log file. Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry about abandoning this thread. I noticed new versions of AnyDVD-HD and also noticed a CloneBD 1.0.8.7 beta to install. I then decided what the hell, lets do the Windows 10 upgrade first. I got everything installed and all my programs working and crossed my fingers. NOPE CloneBD still immediately crashes when attempting to use a pre-processed folder and produces a tiny 200k mkv file. I kept trying different types of sources, thinking that maybe it was due to Atmos audio. I can't seem to figure out WHY it will process some but not all pre-processed disks. I can get CloneBD to create a partial copy movie only BD25 folder of BATMAN_V_SUPERMAN but it fails when I use that to create an mkv. I will look forward to your comments and I will up-load the log. Let me know if you need any other input or assistance. Thanks

Attachments

• ClonBD Batman-Super Debug Frm CloneBD Rebuild.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 0
@ tectpro, RE: Please also provide an CloneBD log file. In case you don't have anything better to do today except play on the computer, here's some more puzzle pieces. Be sure to look at the Knight of Cups debug logs. One is where I used the CloneBD Partial Movie Only Rebuild (created from the same BD_Rebuilder source) and it started successfully encoding to an MKV like I wanted. Then I tried the same BD_Rebuilder encode (that was used to make the previous successful partial disk movie only folder) and it failed immediately like all the others. Thanks for your help and if it gets to where it always works I will GLADLY PAY for this software. When it works it AMAZING at the QUALITY and SPEED it encodes at. It almost like magic considering BD_Rebuilder takes hours and Clone_BD does it in 25 minutes.

Attachments

• Hail Caesar CloneBD Debug Log.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Joy CloneBD Debug Log.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Knight of Cups CloneBD FRM BD_Rebuilder FAILED Debug Log.txt
    13.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Knight of Cups CloneBD FRM CloneBD Rebuild SUCCESS Debug Log.txt
    26.7 KB · Views: 2
You can just use the originals and not have those problems.
However if doing a lossless MKV I recommend doing a short test clip . To make sure it will play in what you are using.

You can just use the originals and not have those problems.
Well yes, but backups are exactly that, backups. If the original is damaged or destroyed in a house fire or lost or stolen or loaned to a friend never to be seen again, ripping to a media server fails, so it's still a bug.

The processing takes zero seconds as per my screen shot, so a short test clip won't help. If it takes longer than zero seconds, it's working fine.

It's not the first time such a thing happens, the last time was a little while ago and i believe it was something in the video that caused it to happen. @Reto will have to take a look.

Well yes, but backups are exactly that, backups. If the original is damaged or destroyed in a house fire or lost or stolen or loaned to a friend never to be seen again, ripping to a media server fails, so it's still a bug.

The processing takes zero seconds as per my screen shot, so a short test clip won't help. If it takes longer than zero seconds, it's working fine.

We can look into this, but first I have to elaborate on this:

in order to eliminate some known iconsistencies in CloneBD (which caused playback problems with Panasonic players), we recently created an analysis tool, that takes a very strict look at certain timing constraints and other properties of the m2ts files that are laid out by the BD specs.
Out of pure curiosity, we threw the results from BDRebuilder, TSMuxer and even Fab at that analysis tool.
We were astonished to learn that none of them stick to the specs at all. BDRebuilder in particular makes a real mess (the max. recording rate of 48mbits is violated, restraints for audio buffering are exceeded by several factors, etc...).
Obviously, through an evolutionary process, these programs were modified bit by bit until the results played on the players, so usually you're fine with them.
But those files still are not ok. So I'm not surprised, when CloneBD chokes on some.

Still: a log file would really help.

Still: a log file would really help.
I posted a log file in my initial reply. The backup was created by CloneBD but I have no idea which version of CloneBD was used to create the backup. The processing fails in CloneBD 1.0.8.7.

When I first reported the error by email, I also supplied log files.

@ Reto RE: So I'm not surprised, when CloneBD chokes on some.
I agree with your statements about BD_Rebuilder BUT even using the CloneBD partial backup failed when I tried to create an MKV from it TOO. Like you said I can always USE THE ORIGINAL to create an MKV, BUT THIS THREAD WAS WHY DOES IT FAIL. I really want to support CloneBD but it seems that even a paid solution to create MKV's has some problems. I bought Pavtube Bytecopy a few years ago and it WILL let me create MKV's from backups. The only drawback is it's painfully SLOW about doing it, and CloneBD is wicked FAST. Wish it would do MKV's from backups also. Thanks for the help.

Wish it would do MKV's from backups also.
Well. it does - if the backup is not broken to begin with. Rest assured, Elaborate Bytes will try to ensure, that CloneBD will handle broken backups made with BDRB, but you should be aware that you're barking up the wrong tree, if you're solely blaming CloneBD for your trouble.

Thanks Pete, But I AM barking up the CloneBD tree about WHY CloneBD fails to USE their OWN OUTPUT to create an MKV FROM. I can't think of ANY other tree to bark up, lol. Thanks, I just had a question about WHY CloneBD CAN'T. I love the program by the way, it must have the fastest encoding of every program I have (of which I have a few), I just wish it was perfect, I guess.

@ Reto, Still: a log file would really help. I posted "What I Thought" WERE log files. Is their some other way to post them except copy them from CloneBD and post as a text file like I did on my previous posts? I have 5 of these txt files above if you want to take a look, by the way. If there is another way please let me know. Thanks again for your assistance, Reto

Thanks Pete, But I AM barking up the CloneBD tree about WHY CloneBD fails to USE their OWN OUTPUT to create an MKV FROM. I can't think of ANY other tree to bark up, lol. Thanks, I just had a question about WHY CloneBD CAN'T. I love the program by the way, it must have the fastest encoding of every program I have (of which I have a few), I just wish it was perfect, I guess.

Ok, I thought it was about files preprocessed by BDRebuilder.
A lot of text here and it is getting confusing and apparently different people with slightly different problems.
It might help to clarify your problem with another post listing exactly what is happening in what order with which disc etc...

Apologies for hijacking the thread. I was confirming the issue for worknstiff but only with backups created by earlier versions of CloneBD.

@ Pete, The post was about both (CloneBD & BD_Rebuilder) pre-processed to a BD Folder backups. I was just puzzled by sometimes it works perfectly and then the next time it fails with no real discernable difference in the sources. It seems to work about a third of the time and when it fails it doesn't even crash it just says completed a couple of seconds after it attempts to encode. I wish it would at least be courteous enough to throw up a reason, lol.

PS: To heapson, Thanks for making me feel like it's not only my computer coughing up hairballs, too, lol.

Back