• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't burn DVD from HDD

flipperz

My neighbour asked me to make a copy of a Filipino movie. It's in PAL format, and has no copy protection. AShampoo and ConvertXtoDVD couldn't copy it. ANYDVD scanned it in repair mode and it took a couple of hours, but was able to copy it to my HDD. However, nothing I try will let me burn a DVD from my HDD folder. It plays fine using VLC or Windows Media Player. The folder is called VIDEO_TS, and inside are 3 files called VTS_01_0, VTS_01_1, and VTS_01_2. ConvertXtoDVD does not recognize the folder, so I'm unable to burn a DVD. Ashampoo tells me the video DVD could not be prepared correctly. Any thoughts?

Try your ripped folder with ImgBurn (you can use the program to convert the ripped folder into a iso image, suitable for burning onto a DVD), as it's free and you can see if that will work or not.

Tip: please try VideoHelp's Forum for more video tips.

If you are not sure about ripping correctly in first place post screenshot of files.

Try your ripped folder with ImgBurn (you can use the program to convert the ripped folder into a iso image, suitable for burning onto a DVD), as it's free and you can see if that will work or not.

why would they have to rip to an iso image first, why not just let ImgBurn burn straight from the rip to hd folder directly to the blank dvd? I don't know why iso's are so popular compared to the complete rip to hd anyways.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

Last edited:

Alright, tried image burn, used the create image files from files/folders option. Got a message that says Fix VTS sectors failed. Reason: Could not find VIDEO_TS.IFO file. There should be .BUP files and VIDEO_TS files in the folder AnyDVD ripped to, but there aren't. This is why I can't burn a DVD from the AnyDVD folder.

if you don't have the bup and ifo files then it's not a valid dvd structure. This can not have been done by anydvd, anydvd rips ALL files on the disc. It doesnt rip just the vob files and not the rest

Ok, so it's not a valid DVD structure but the DVD plays? Not sure how, shouldn't even be possible. Without the index files (IFO) there is no instructions for a player to load the order of play. Maybe a transfer from a camera source?

That aside, if you have the 3 VOB files and they play properly in a software player (straight through in the right sequence) then you can try this:

download VOBMerge and join the three files together making sure you merge to MPEG (in the Options tab): http://www.evilmaster.net/?page=tools.

Then use ConvertXtoDVD to make a DVD as normal from the new mpg file.

Hope it helps.

Or the OP could use Freemake Video Converter to import the three VOB files and output directly to a valid DVD structure, including a very low scale text-linked menu if wanted. One program, one step instead of multiple steps and multiple programs.

Freemake Video Converter

Or the OP could use Freemake Video Converter to import the three VOB files and output directly to a valid DVD structure, including a very low scale text-linked menu if wanted. One program, one step instead of multiple steps and multiple programs.

Freemake Video Converter

Thanks for the link! This is a very useful and cool program. How did you ever discover it? What I mean is that there are tons of programs that can do similar things but not all of them. Personally, I think this might be better than ConvertXDVD. :cool:

if you don't have the bup and ifo files then it's not a valid dvd structure. This can not have been done by anydvd, anydvd rips ALL files on the disc. It doesnt rip just the vob files and not the rest
I used AnyDVD. I'm guessing the result is abnormal because because the DVD is abnormal. Plus it was scanned in repair mode.

Freemake Video Converter

Thanks for the link. I've been using Format Factory to convert formats. This looks good.

My neighbour asked me to make a copy of a Filipino movie. It's in PAL format, and has no copy protection.

FYI, from my experience AnyDVD sometimes gets "confused" about no-protection DVDs. Did you ever try exiting out of AnyDVD and doing a straight Windows copy of the files/folders to your HD? As you said there is no copy protection, so a bad/dirty disc or dying/dirty drive might be preventing a backup.

Without AnyDVD running you could also try using ImgBurn to create an ISO backup of the disc which can then be used to either burn to a blank, or mounted in virtual drive software (such as Virtual CloneDrive and copy the files from the virtual drive. CloneCD could also be used to create an image backup. Trying to back up the disc in another drive wouldn't hurt to eliminate the drive itself as the problem.

If you try any of the other backup methods I suggested, especially the Windows copy, and get an error you can probably forget about backing up that DVD. If Windows can't copy it, the disc is probably too far degraded.

Thanks for the link! This is a very useful and cool program. How did you ever discover it? What I mean is that there are tons of programs that can do similar things but not all of them. Personally, I think this might be better than ConvertXDVD. :cool:

Yahoo search for a FREE program to author DVDs, with DVD menus, from video files.

+++++
Edited to add:

I checked my downloads catalog and I did the search mid-March 2011 (the download timestamped 10/3/2011).

I catalog all my downloads using Visual CD, one fast and easy to use FREE CD/DVD cataloging program.

Last edited:
Back