Can't back-up Alvinand the Chipmunks

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Dolfanjhn, May 7, 2008.

1. Dolfanjhn

Dolfanjhn New Member

I've tried ripping with any dvd version 6.4.2.0, and it freezes at 83%. I've tried using dvd shrink and it freezes during the analyzing phase at 87%, I get an error message that says, DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file "E:\" data error( cyclic redundancy check). This is the 1st problem I've had backing up dvd's.

Attached Files:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Sonic/Roxio's packet writing junk
    Packet writing software can cause conflicts with Anydvd and other software. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead.

CD-Rom Driver by OAK Software and HP Memories Disc

James, the developer of Anydvd, dislikes that filter.

Typically that's installed by Pinnacle Studio (and possibly Windvd)

James, the developer of Anydvd, says that filter can cause problems: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36523&postcount=9

Follow the steps in the order they are listed:

1. i) Create a backup of your registry
    ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    (it's also an excellent program imo)
    iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Iviaspi". Click "Remove Selected filter". Select "AFS2K". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "CDR4_XP" Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "pwd_2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter. Click "ok".
    iv) Reboot

Keep in mind the programs that installed those filters may no longer function properly.

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited: May 7, 2008