• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

cannot play HD-DVD on GGC-H20L

gmanpa

HELP! I purchased a LG GGC-H20L in Dec 2007, and am unable to play HD-DVD. I can play Blu ray, regular DVD, adn audio CDs. I can also burn regular DVD and regular CDs. Every HD-DVD I have tried does not work (Batman begins, Matrix3, 300, Transformers, Van Helsing).

Since I can play regualr DVDs and Blu Ray DVDs, I have a hard time believing it is a HW compatabilty issue. It may be a SW issue, but I have tried several versions of PDVD with/without any dvd and had no luck.

A friend told me to install UDF 2.5, which I tried and had no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas? or should I send the drive back to LG??

thx

What exact versions of PowerDVD did you use?

I have an LG GGC-H20L that works fine under XP Pro SP3 32-bit and Vista Ultimate 64-bit for playing HD-DVDs.

pdvd version

have used a few ver of 7.3 and latest 8.0. Also - the problem is actually 'no disk present' when a HD-DVD is inserted. This makes me think either the drive is bad, or there is a low level OS/driver issue (ie not PDVD).

Did you install any UDF driver? maybe I should try removing the UDF driver I installed(?)

PowerDVD 8 doesn't play HD-DVD's anymore..

maybe they got a lot of money from Sony or whoever, but PowerDVD 8 doesn't play HD-DVD's anymore, only Version 7.3

have used a few ver of 7.3 and latest 8.0. Also - the problem is actually 'no disk present' when a HD-DVD is inserted.

Powerdvd 8 doesn't support HD-DVDs officially. You need to use Powerdvd 7.3 Ultra.

This makes me think either the drive is bad.

Does Anydvd HD see the disc when you insert it?

It's possible a HW Problem , even BR and DVD are played .

And even there i got a little "issue" with my LG , Some HD DVD's take about 3-4 Minutes to get recognized correctly and are able to get ripped/played .

Its the new 1.03 firmware. I posted about it in another thread.

Its the new 1.03 firmware. I posted about it in another thread.

Take a look at the date this thread was created. It was on May 25th, 2008. The 1.03 firmware was released on July 21st, 2008 meaning the OP had a problem before the 1.03 firmware even existed. The issue the OP had is completely unrelated.

Last edited:
Back