• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot play blu-rays with Cyberlink PowerDVD 17

wolfgheist

It plays DVDs just fine. Every Blu-Ray says the same thing. "cyberlink powerdvd could not decode the current video because of content protection. try playing the original copy of this video". I have tried over 30 blu-rays and they are all the originals. Another player plays them just fine, but the sound is much better on Cyberlink which is why I want to use it.

Dell Precision 5550 Laptop
Archgon External USB 3.0 UHD 4k Blu-Ray Writer
Xtron 17" HD HDMI screen

I have PowerDVD 17 and never had any problems playing regular Blu-ray discs, as long as AnyDVD decrypted them. Originals and back-ups ripped to an ISO image file.

It plays DVDs just fine. Every Blu-Ray says the same thing. "cyberlink powerdvd could not decode the current video because of content protection. try playing the original copy of this video". I have tried over 30 blu-rays and they are all the originals. Another player plays them just fine, but the sound is much better on Cyberlink which is why I want to use it.

Xtron 17" HD HDMI screen

You need ANYDVDHD as George said above, it will decrypt the disc and you will be able to enjoy it.

Xtron 17" HD HDMI screen

Make sure, that AnyDVD is running in the background.

I have PowerDVD 17 and never had any problems playing regular Blu-ray discs, as long as AnyDVD decrypted them. Originals and back-ups ripped to an ISO image file.
I am playing the original discs and not rips.

You need ANYDVDHD as George said above, it will decrypt the disc and you will be able to enjoy it.
So I should get the AnyDVDHD and I should be good? I do not get why PowerDVD is not playing the original discs with internet connection. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary.

If you're playing original discs on fully compliant HDCP equipment and it doesn't work, then you should contact Cyberlink support. But if you couldn't care less about all that protection nonsense, just use AnyDVD and be done with it. Otherwise you'll be dealing with drivers and troubleshooting and all the other nonsense that goes along with a protected HDCP chain.

So I should get the AnyDVDHD and I should be good? I do not get why PowerDVD is not playing the original discs with internet connection. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary.
Getting and using AnyDVD when playing DVDs and BDs is probably your best move, so you can play and back up your discs so your originals can be put away in a safe place when you want to watch something.

Backing up your discs to your HD using AnyDVD means when you watch your ripped content you are not pulling data from your optical drive. Arguably less "wear and tear" on the drive.

If you want to watch from an original disc letting AnyDVD decrypt it before viewing will get rid of the annoyances you are experiencing so you don't have to buy a newer version of PowerDVD. I have PDVD 17 and so far not a single DVD or BD fails to play with problems, especially BDs, as long as the proper region is set in AnyDVD to decrypt the disc(s). DVDs aren't so "touchy" about regions as BDs are.

So, yeah, don't hesitate about purchasing an AnyDVD license.

Back