• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot install AnyDVD on Windows 10

Eltina

Does AnyDVD support Windows 10?
I get the below error message:
error-in-setup.png
And get stuck...
stuck-in-setup.png

You may want to file a bug report with Microsoft.

How does that matter then?
I re-install it to C drive and ignore the error and the installation completed.

What should I do next? There is no run button or something like that for me to go ahead and rip the DVD?
setting.png

How does that matter then?
I re-install it to C drive and ignore the error and the installation completed.

Well yes.
But did the driver file actually update to the latest version that way?
You need to inspect that manually.
Windows 10 seems to be persnickety about letting people update their driver files (security reasons), if there's a work-around you'll find it at the Windows end.

-W

What should I do next? There is no run button or something like that for me to go ahead and rip the DVD?
View attachment 25922

If it installed correctly, you right-click the fox icon (in the system tray) and select "Rip video DVD to harddisk". Or, go to Start/All Programs/Slysoft/AnyDVD/AnyDVD Ripper.

Eltina,
What version of the Windows 10 Tech Preview were you running and what version of AnyDVD did you try to install? I'm unable to install AnyDVD v7.5.7.0 on Win10TP (build 9926). The install fails silently. I've reported the problem via Microsoft's Feedback app.
-Tom

Eltina,
What version of the Windows 10 Tech Preview were you running and what version of AnyDVD did you try to install? I'm unable to install AnyDVD v7.5.7.0 on Win10TP (build 9926). The install fails silently. I've reported the problem via Microsoft's Feedback app.
-Tom

Thank you. It is 9879. Is yours the latest?

Me too

Windows 10 build 9926 - it reports that it can't write elbycdio.sys to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

Windows 10 build 9926 - it reports that it can't write elbycdio.sys to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

Can you delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\elbycdio.sys with Windows explorer? If not, what error message do you get?

No issue's Windows 10

Running Windows 10 9926 Technical Preview

Installed AnyDVD by running as administrator

Note : Before this was done Windows Updates were applied to the Windows build as stated above.

Anydvd.jpg

*****Update*****

Just tried to update AnyDVD to 7573 beta and get the error the member stated, I have raised this issue via Microsoft Community / Windows Insider Program

Winows 10 Microsoft Community.jpg

Last edited:
Running Windows 10 9926 Technical Preview

Installed AnyDVD by running as administrator

Note : Before this was done Windows Updates were applied to the Windows build as stated above.

View attachment 26039

*****Update*****

Just tried to update AnyDVD to 7573 beta and get the error the member stated, I have raised this issue via Microsoft Community / Windows Insider Program

View attachment 26040

Can you delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ElbyCDIO.sys with Windows explorer? If not, what error message do you get?

Install AnyDVD on Win-10

Hi:
In response to the original posters difficulty with the update, I ran a test, and got the exact same message.
My Win 10 test mule has eval copy 9926 of the O/S. The P/C is a home made with stuff from my spares box. It has a dual core Pentium E6300, the board is a Pegatron IPIBL-LB (Benicia) with 8 gb of ram.
I have saved a bunch of beta releases, along with official releases of ANYDVD, and worked my way backward installing and de-installing them till I got to official release 7560.
That release installed without error, and deinstalled without error.
All of the following releases failed with the same message originally stated.
All of the subsequent de-installs would post a fail message, because I chose the ignore radio button when I got the error during the install.
7560 installed and deinstalled without error.
I started the Win 10 eval with O/S release 9841 back in October. After some time I installed ANYDVD release 7540 without error.
Subsequent upgrades of the O/S (9879, and 9926) were loaded to the P/C automatically without any burps.
It wasn't till I read the original post that I started to dig around
I apologize if it seems that I am hi-jacking this thread, that is not my intent.
Just wanted to make someone aware that I stumbled across this condition for whatever it is worth.

Art.

File in Use

Elby.jpg
Can you delete C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ElbyCDIO.sys with Windows explorer? If not, what error message do you get?

I can not delete it James, error message is : " The action can not be completed because the file is open in another program, close the file and try again"

For info AnyDVD was closed and not showing in the system tray

Hi:
In response to the original posters difficulty with the update, I ran a test, and got the exact same message.
My Win 10 test mule has eval copy 9926 of the O/S. The P/C is a home made with stuff from my spares box. It has a dual core Pentium E6300, the board is a Pegatron IPIBL-LB (Benicia) with 8 gb of ram.
I have saved a bunch of beta releases, along with official releases of ANYDVD, and worked my way backward installing and de-installing them till I got to official release 7560.
That release installed without error, and deinstalled without error.
All of the following releases failed with the same message originally stated.
All of the subsequent de-installs would post a fail message, because I chose the ignore radio button when I got the error during the install.
7560 installed and deinstalled without error.
I started the Win 10 eval with O/S release 9841 back in October. After some time I installed ANYDVD release 7540 without error.
Subsequent upgrades of the O/S (9879, and 9926) were loaded to the P/C automatically without any burps.
It wasn't till I read the original post that I started to dig around
I apologize if it seems that I am hi-jacking this thread, that is not my intent.
Just wanted to make someone aware that I stumbled across this condition for whatever it is worth.

Art.

That is because the drivers were changed around that time, and it seems that Windows 10 will not allow the change in the drivers with the update. It updates the program, but keeps the old drivers. The question is, why does Windows 10 not allow the drivers to be updated as the program is trying to do? Is it a UAC issue?

View attachment 26041

I can not delete it James, error message is : " The action can not be completed because the file is open in another program, close the file and try again"

For info AnyDVD was closed and not showing in the system tray

As they are system drivers, you may need to do it in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode

As they are system drivers, you may need to do it in Safe Mode.

Turning UAC off does not solve the issue.Safe Mode currently does not work on Windows 10 and is a known issue (reported):bang:

Last edited:
Same Problem / Solved!

Just in case anybody is still having this issue and as this thread was the first result that came up when I Googled the problem even though it is a few weeks old.

The install failed for me on elbycdio.sys and anydvd.sys so I tried to manually delete these files and found that I couldn't, however the system would let me rename them, so I renamed them both elbycdio.old and anydvd.old installed AnyDVD successfully then rebooted at the prompt and then deleted the two .old files. Hope this help anyone still having difficulties!

Just in case anybody is still having this issue and as this thread was the first result that came up when I Googled the problem even though it is a few weeks old.

The install failed for me on elbycdio.sys and anydvd.sys so I tried to manually delete these files and found that I couldn't, however the system would let me rename them, so I renamed them both elbycdio.old and anydvd.old installed AnyDVD successfully then rebooted at the prompt and then deleted the two .old files. Hope this help anyone still having difficulties!

I can confirm that renaming worked for me with build 9926 and AnyDVD 7.5.8.0 2015 02 19

Win 10 ANYDVD install problem

+ 1 on install success using the rename workaround.
A reboot is necessary after applying this, or Windows will complain about deleting the renamed files.

Thanks.

I too am running ANYDVD under Windows 10 (Pro 64-Bit) Technical Preview Build 9926.

I found that the file, elbycdio.sys, is an inherent part of the installation of Elaborate Bytes' Virtual CloneDrive, which can be downloaded from SlySoft's website. Uninstalling Virtual CloneDrive before installing/updating AnyDVD allowed the unfettered installation of AnyDVD without encounter the the problem of its installation process reporting "Error opening file for writing: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ElbyCDIO.sys". I then reinstalled Virtual CloneDrive without problem.

Back