• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot burn the bluray movie Black Hat with CloneBD

gameowl

Hello, I have the store bought copy of the movie on bluray Black Hat, ripped successfully to my hard drive with AnyDVD HD (currently newest version), and have CloneBD 1.0.4.8 (currently newest version). I ripped BlackHat with AnyDVD HD to my hard drive as video disk (not ISO image file), and CloneBD transcoded the movie transcoding status bar to 100%, I had a Memorex BD-R 25GB blank bluray disc in my bluray burner the whole entire time of the transcoding and before starting up CloneBD. At 100% finished transcoding, CloneBD didn't do anything after, CloneBD did not freeze up, neither did my Operating System. It would just not burn the transcoded data to bluray disc it didn't go to the next step the burn process at all the bluray burner light did not blink to show it was burning to the blank bluray disc ,View attachment CloneBD Error Log Files.zip (Download my CloneBD Error Logs on the left of this sentence in the link here)I waited ten minutes for it to start burning before aborting the operation.. I've had this problem with a few other bluray rips, all ripped with at the time newest version of AnyDVD HD. Is this also a common problem for other people in the same situation I am in? I sent CloneBD error logs files by e-mail to Elaborate Bytes, this doesn't happen all the time actually very rarely this happens. Most of the time the blurays burn to bluray disc with CloneBD and play great. Here in this file attachment is my CloneBD Error Log File, I welcome anybody to see if they can figure out this problem and post feedback. Thanks

Hello, I have the store bought copy of the movie on bluray Black Hat, ripped successfully to my hard drive with AnyDVD HD (currently newest version), and have CloneBD 1.0.4.8 (currently newest version). I ripped BlackHat with AnyDVD HD to my hard drive as video disk (not ISO image file), and CloneBD transcoded the movie transcoding status bar to 100%, I had a Memorex BD-R 25GB blank bluray disc in my bluray burner the whole entire time of the transcoding and before starting up CloneBD. At 100% finished transcoding, CloneBD didn't do anything after, CloneBD did not freeze up, neither did my Operating System. It would just not burn the transcoded data to bluray disc it didn't go to the next step the burn process at all the bluray burner light did not blink to show it was burning to the blank bluray disc ,View attachment 27025 (Download my CloneBD Error Logs on the left of this sentence in the link here)I waited ten minutes for it to start burning before aborting the operation.. I've had this problem with a few other bluray rips, all ripped with at the time newest version of AnyDVD HD. Is this also a common problem for other people in the same situation I am in? I sent CloneBD error logs files by e-mail to Elaborate Bytes, this doesn't happen all the time actually very rarely this happens. Most of the time the blurays burn to bluray disc with CloneBD and play great. Here in this file attachment is my CloneBD Error Log File, I welcome anybody to see if they can figure out this problem and post feedback. Thanks

1. Memorex quality is dubious at best to use as only last resort.
2. You need to produce and send in the error log to slysoft for them to diagnosis the problem.
3. Try to do a complete burn and see what happens.

You also need to give them time to look over the error log to see if this is a software or user configuration problem. Don't post CloneBD error log here you need to send it in as the instruction tells you.

Since you're using Memorex, when EXACTLY does it stop processing? On the color change in the progress bar?

If that's the case, there's mainly 2 possibilities. There's an issue with the burn engine or the drive (and subsequently CloneBD) don't recognise there's a disc in the drive. However in case of option 2, CloneBD should be asking to insert a blank in the drive and not just "sit there". It doesnt make much sense.

However for blu-ray you really do need to rip to iso, if you were ever to rip a 3D disc and you rip it to folder you'd end up with a folder twice the size of the original disc and thats just one of the reasons to rip to ISO. CloneBD can open ISO files directly.

If the Cloning itself was successful you could try using IMGBurn to burn it to a disc, but a BD-RE(writeable) is recommended in this case especially. No point in wasting (even crappy brand) blank ones.

I re-ripped Black Hat with AnyDVD HD (newest version) this time to ISO. I selected in CloneBD ISO format method, it transcoded the ISO to 93% , it stops processing EXACTLY at 93% the progress bar at the green color for transcoding,, there was no more time remaining for transcoding and the burn engine never started with the blank Memorex 25GB BD-R (I know now to get higher quality recordable discs now for blurays other then Memorex). CloneBD never went past 93% progress bar, but when other bluray rips I have reach 93%, the next part is it starts to burn the transcoded movie to blank bluray disc. I'm thinking of un-installing and re-installing CloneBD in a different directory, and restarting my computer as that possibly fix maybe some problems.

Last edited:
CloneBD never went past 93% progress bar, but when other bluray rips I have reach 93%, the next part is it starts to burn the transcoded movie to blank bluray disc.

That right there tells you CloneBD isn't the problem....the problem is your Original media....

That right there tells you CloneBD isn't the problem....the problem is your Original media....

actually no. if 93% is the point where encoding is 100% complete and it should start the burning process the problem is not the source media but the TARGET media (blanks) or the burn engine. He even sais so, "100% complete, next part is to burn to disk".

@gameowl: reinstalling (to a diff director) won't change the fact that it's either a burn engine problem or more likely, your crappy brand of blanks that are to blame. Pick up yourself a batch of bd-r by Verbatim. If CloneBD starts to burn, well you found out your blanks are to blame.

I re-ripped Black Hat with AnyDVD HD (newest version) this time to ISO. I selected in CloneBD ISO format method, it transcoded the ISO to 93% , it stops processing EXACTLY at 93% the progress bar at the green color for transcoding,, there was no more time remaining for transcoding and the burn engine never started with the blank Memorex 25GB BD-R (I know now to get higher quality recordable discs now for blurays other then Memorex). CloneBD never went past 93% progress bar, but when other bluray rips I have reach 93%, the next part is it starts to burn the transcoded movie to blank bluray disc. I'm thinking of un-installing and re-installing CloneBD in a different directory, and restarting my computer as that possibly fix maybe some problems.

It's not the blanks, that's nonsense - the log file indicates, that there wasn't even an attempt to burn.

It's a bit odd, that it happens right where it should switch from transcoding too burning, may be a coincidence, but my guess, it's neither a problem with your original and it's certainly not the blank.
If you have the time to clarify:

- does this happen with certain discs? Or just randomly with any disc (and then another time it works with the same disc)
- is it always right before switching to burn mode? (In that case possibly just a stupid program bug)
- does it ever happen, when copying to folders instead of ISO/burn (you could then still burn to disc using ImgBurn).

Ch3vron I just ordered a 50 pack of Verbatim 25GB BD-R's LTH type blank blurays. I should get them this coming Wednesday. I will try them soon as I get them. And follow up with a new post on the success or failure of your advice. Thanks for your help!

Cancel that order, you DON'T the LTH type. They are no longer being produced. They use an organic dye. You want the normal type that use azo dye.

Where did you order from, I'll give you a link to the right ones.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Standard discs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...84&cm_re=verbatim_BD-R-_-17-130-284-_-Product
Printable ones: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...46&cm_re=verbatim_BD-R-_-17-130-146-_-Product the difference with these is 1) they are slightly more expensive around $5 because of the professional grade and 2) inkjet printable, they have a full white surface (and no id branding near the center) for use in printers that can print directly on to the disc

Sticker labels are to be avoided at all times, because the adhesive used can let loose due to the heat being generated from the disc spinning in the drive

Final Conclusion

yesterday I got the new Verbatim 25GB BD-R's. Still same issue with the ripped bluray movie Black Hat. Last week I sent my error diagnostics log from CloneBD by e-mail after Black hat wouldn't burn. Elaborate Bytes replied back and said it's not a problem with the CloneBD software. That it's either my media or bad source ripped from. I just made a backup copy of Jupiter Ascending on bluray today using CloneBD with the new Verbatim blurays that recorded on and played fine. the legit movie Black Hat brand new probably was just a bad source medium ripped from. No big deal.

Glad i could be of assistance, hope you picked the right Verb's ;)

Back