• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can I rip a Blu-ray with AnyDVD?

mel1202

I have the most recent AnyDVD version and I would like to know if AnyDVD can ripe a Blu-Ray disc that I just got from BestBuy?

I have the most recent AnyDVD version and I would like to know if AnyDVD can ripe a Blu-Ray disc that I just got from BestBuy?

If you have registered AnyDVD HD then, yes, you can. AnyDVD HD is AnyDVD with the addition of HD-DVD and BluRay capabilities. If you only have the regular AnyDVD registered then you would need to upgrade to AnyDVD HD at the cost of an additional 30€. Refer here: https://secure.slysoft.com/upgrade.php.

Can I rip a Blu-ray disc with AnyDVD

Thank you for your quick response to my question. I will upgrade to AnyDVD HD as you said I should.

Do I also need to have a Blu-ray burner besides the upgrading to AnyDVD HD? Or can I still use the burner I am using now to write and burn none Blu-ray DVDs.

Do I also need to have a Blu-ray burner besides the upgrading to AnyDVD HD? Or can I still use the burner I am using now to write and burn none Blu-ray DVDs.

To read BluRay discs you need a BluRay read/burner. To burn BluRay discs you need a BluRay burner.

BluRay Read/Burner & BluRay Burner

OK. Can you recommend both a BluRay Read/Burner and a Bluray Burner. I have just upgraded to AnyDVD-HD as you suggested I do to copy and burn BluRay Discs.

Hello for the money I would and got the LG GGW-H20LK, I got it from newegg.com, about $235.00..

Great drive for the money..

Christopher

BluRay Read/Burner & BluRay Burner

Does the drive that you suggest I get both read and burn BluRay Discs?

OK. Can you recommend both a BluRay Read/Burner and a Bluray Burner. I have just upgraded to AnyDVD-HD as you suggested I do to copy and burn BluRay Discs.

I highly recommend the LG GGC-H20L and LG GGW-H20L drives. The GGC-H20L is a HD-DVD/BluRay/SD DVD/CD reader and a SD DVD/CD burner. The GGW-H20L is the GGC-H20L plus the ability to burn BluRay discs. The GGW-H20L runs ~100 USD more expensive in price than the GGC-H20L.

Does the drive that you suggest I get both read and burn BluRay Discs?

From above the GGC-H20L has no BluRay burning capabilities. The GGW-H20L allows you to burn BluRay discs.

The LG drives are recommended by many people. I own the GGC-H20L and love it.

There are newer LG BluRay burners coming out but they won't offer HD-DVD reading support which is unfortunate. One of the main reasons I like the GGC-H20L and GGW-H20L is the ability to read both HD-DVD and BluRay discs.

I highly recommend the LG GGC-H20L and LG GGW-H20L drives. The GGC-H20L is a HD-DVD/BluRay/SD DVD/CD reader and a SD DVD/CD burner. The GGW-H20L is the GGC-H20L plus the ability to burn BluRay discs. The GGW-H20L runs ~100 USD more expensive in price than the GGC-H20L.

From above the GGC-H20L has no BluRay burning capabilities. The GGW-H20L allows you to burn BluRay discs.

The LG drives are recommended by many people. I own the GGC-H20L and love it.

There are newer LG BluRay burners coming out but they won't offer HD-DVD reading support which is unfortunate. One of the main reasons I like the GGC-H20L and GGW-H20L is the ability to read both HD-DVD and BluRay discs.

I agree, we sell around 5-10 systems a week with the GGW-H20L in them and have yet to have anyone phone up with a problem

im right behind these guys. when i bought my PC it came with the LG GGC-H20L and i loved it not a single problem with the drive what so ever. then i upgraded and recently purchased the LG GGW-H20L for bluray burning and once again i am completly satisfied and wouldnt use another drive its perfect

So what I'm getting from your response to me is to get the GGW-H20L Drive which does it all. If I buy two of these drives and install both of them then I could both write the BluRay disc on one drive and when it finnishes the write portion it will switch over to the second drive and start the burn process with the blank disc that I would put in the second drive. Is that correct?

your getting ahead of yourself. that pritty much depends on your sytem and how you set it up. i only have one drive and what i do is first rip the image so i can test it and make sure it plays alright. which you should do with all bluray movies because you never know if it rips right and blank media is to epensive to mess around with. i also recommend buying a few BD-RE that way you can also test it on a disc first before riping it to a BD-R, just incase there is a problem there

I would recommend dealing with BD in a two step process which only requires one BD reader/burner. Rip it to your HDD with AnyDVD HD and then burn it to a BD-RE/BD-R with the same BD reader/burner in a second step.

If you simply must have two drives then I'd go for one being a reader/burner and the other being just a reader (ie LG GGW-H20L and LG GGC-H20L).

Burn BluRay Discs

If I wanted to write the bluray disc on one drive and when it is through writing burn it on another drive I would need two GGWH20L drives. Is that correct? In this way I can put a blank disc in the second drive at the same time I'm writing the original disc and leave it until it is done. It should start the burn as soon as the write is complete. Am I correct in my thinking?

If I wanted to write the bluray disc on one drive and when it is through writing burn it on another drive I would need two GGWH20L drives. Is that correct? In this way I can put a blank disc in the second drive at the same time I'm writing the original disc and leave it until it is done. It should start the burn as soon as the write is complete. Am I correct in my thinking?

You are wasting money getting two burners let alone two BD drives, IMHO. If you insist on getting two drives then I'd go with 1 GGC-H20L (reader) and 1 GGW-H20L (reader/burner). Why spend all that extra money when one reader/burner will do?

Here are two methods.

1. Rip and burn the disc from Drive A to Drive B.

This requires 1 BD reader (ie GGC-H20L) for ripping.
    This requires 1 BD burner (ie GGW-H20L) for burning.
    This introduces a chance of a problem occuring with the direct burn approach.
  2. Rip to the HDD with Drive A and then burn to a BD blank with Drive A in a second step.

This requires 1 BD reader/burner (ie GGW-H20L) for ripping and burning.

Method 2 is cheaper (!!!!) and the better method, IMHO.

Last edited:
BluRay Read/Burner & BluRay Burner Question.

It seems that method number 2 is the safest and best way to go. Thanks for the expert info....Also. What blank discs would you recommend I purchase to burn my BluRay discs too. I'm now using Memorex DVD-R discs to burn regular DVD'S. Would they also be good enough for BluRay burns....

I'm now using Memorex DVD-R discs to burn regular DVD'S. Would they also be good enough for BluRay burns....

No. And the only thing Memorex dvd blank media is good for is coasters and land fills. Use Taiyo Yuden (not Valuline or Trublue) or Verbatim Datalife Plus for dvd blank media.

Last edited:
It seems that method number 2 is the safest and best way to go. Thanks for the expert info....Also. What blank discs would you recommend I purchase to burn my BluRay discs too. I'm now using Memorex DVD-R discs to burn regular DVD'S. Would they also be good enough for BluRay burns....

unless you want to split a bluray movie onto a few DVDs then youll need to get blank BD-Rs. if your tring to rip the whole movie onto a disc and you figure each movie theses days is about 40GB then that means youll need about 10 regular DVDs or about 5 DVD DL. i got a decent price for my Ridata BD-Rs at newegg.com also if you havent bought your GGW-H20L they have a great combo price for the two . i also reccomend getting at least one BD-RE. this will take longer but i feel you should always test the movie first on one of these to make sure it plays before you go and waste a BD-R, although i said it was a good price its not good enough to waste a disc

Ggwh20l

Would it be possible to send me the link for the combo price on the GGWH20L at Newegg. Great info thanks....

Back