• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can full HD (1080p Mpeg4) be streamed over wirless N

what are you using? WD Live? Is the adapter approved for that device? Do you have another device to try?

more info enclosed

yes it is the WD TV Live.

I have tried two approved device. A buffalo and a rosewill device. Both are approved. I have spoken to WD about this and the devices that work use the RAD something chipset which both devices use.

It starts out great and about 1-2 minutes into the movie it becomes problematic.

I have no issues if wired to the WD TV Live making sure my computer had no issues pushing information out fast enough
________
Zoloft lawsuit settlements

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried streaming BD iso's over 11n and the results were at best terrible.:mad: switched over to wired and it worked a treat.

Stick with wired if you want to stream blu-ray.

kk Mr Fusion

I am using a DIR-655. I am wondering if it is the WD TV Live except 2 devices are doing the same thing giving me 3 out of 4 bars.
________
Glass Vaporizer Bowl

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree as my system is based on the wireless N standard and i get great playback performance

See my post here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=239476&postcount=2

Hi, I think your post is a little missleading. You state that you still get hiccups with 11n, and it would seem that you have gone through a lot in order to get things to work smoothly for you and the impression I get is that you still get issues if anything interferes with the link (although that is an assumption on my part)

I have tried all lof the things that you state an despite all of this it wont work well for me.

contrast that to a wired interface even 100meg and I have found it works smoothly every time. It also seems to me to be a lot simpler and easier to set up. The drawback of course is the need to have a cable.

I dont think I would change my advice to go for a wired interface if you had a choice between the two.

I wonder if the issues is the device itself (the WD tv) perhaps it dosn't have the grunt to look after playback and deal with driving the wireless interface, perhaps the wired interface is less cpu intensive??

Wireless is nice but lacky so wired is the best route to go.

If you absolutely must go Wireless-N (as others have said, wired is best), try dual-band equipment on the 5 GHz band. Though its range may not be as good, it's less crowded than 2.4 GHz; interference from other 2.4 GHz devices (other WiFi, cordless phones, Bluetooth, etc.) is most likely why you can't get a steady stream.

Last edited:
Back