• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can dvd player play mp4 file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel2007

I have some mp4 files from youtube. I want to burn it to DVD to play it on DVD player.
My question is: can dvd player play mp4 file?
Note that my DVD player is very old. I don't think it can play divx file.
If playing mp4 file on an old dvd player is not an option. What software can I use to convert mp4 file to be playable on DVD player?

Thank you.

As far as I know the only non-DVD video format any DVD player has the ability to play is DivX; usually fairly similar to MP4, but a different container. I don't know of any player that'll simply play an MP4 file that's burned onto a disc (though I think the PS3 can do that?).

To convert your file to something a DVD player can handle, you'll need to author a basic DVD (with or without a menu), which can be done with any number of DVD authoring programs. There are some free applications that will do this, and some converting software has the ability to create basic DVD file structures already built in.

Thanks for the reply.
Can you tell me the name of the dvd authoring software?

Thanks for the reply.
Can you tell me the name of the dvd authoring software?

There are a few freeware ones listed here:

http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/dvdauthoring.shtml

I've never used any of them, though, so I can't recommend one over the others. But the first one listed, Video DVD Maker Free, claims to make a DVD in 3 clicks out of a wide assortment of video files; so it can probably do what you want without any other knowledge required.

Can slysoft software Clonedvd or AnyDVD convert mp4 file to DVD file?

Can slysoft software Clonedvd or AnyDVD convert mp4 file to DVD file?

No, CloneDVD is used to rip a DVD to a file, copy from commercial DVD, or burn to DVD from an iso file. AnyDVD's primary function is to remove encryption (although it does have a ripper built in). CloneDVD Mobile converts DVDs to other formats (like divx, mp4, etc). Slysoft does not have any software to convert mp4 to a DVD compliant structure.

Google is your friend. (Maybe if Shannon gets on and sees this she may give a plug.)

Last edited:
Play Divx on DVD Player

The most common and old video format of DVD Players is DivX. Almost all the DVD Players can play DivX files whatever they are old or new. To play files with different formats on DVD Players, it will be better to convert them to DivX to have a try. :clap:

Actually most old DVD players can't play divx, that only came in later and is not always included in cheap players

I have some mp4 files from youtube. I want to burn it to DVD to play it on DVD player.
My question is: can dvd player play mp4 file?
Note that my DVD player is very old. I don't think it can play divx file.
If playing mp4 file on an old dvd player is not an option. What software can I use to convert mp4 file to be playable on DVD player?

Thank you.

Regular standalone DVD players can only read movie DVD’s (those are in MPEG-2, and if you view them in Windows Explorer, you see a folder structure with VIDEO_TS, and files like .VOB .IFO and .BUP). Newer DVD players that are DivX-certified can (in addition to the above) read data DVD’s with an AVI file encoded in the DivX codec. Most of the time, you will fail to play MP4 on DVD player unless the DVD players have the “Nero Digital” label on them.

In order to burn MP4 to DVD for successfully playing on various DVD players, we had better find a powerful MP4 to DVD burner which will automatically convert MP4 to DVD player compatible format as well as burn the converted MP4 files to DVD disc.

Below will introduce the free download link of the just right MP4 to DVD Burner and a detailed guide on how to use this wonderful tool to successfully burn MP4 to DVD for easy playback. at Solution on MP4 Won’t Play on DVD Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back