• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can BD+ be cracked?

Dear readers,

I was wondering, if BD+ can be cracked? By cracked I mean something that can removed like the scrambling on normal DVD's.

I know AACS can not be cracked, so new keys have to be found constantly. Does BD+ also work like that, or there no keys that can be revoked in BD+?

Louise

Woops, bk1987 posted while I w sstill writing my message.

Hi Louise welcome to the Forums. I would recommend using the search function, wou will find a vast number of threads relating to the subject. To save you the time:

James, Peer and the rest of the Slysoft team have stated that BD+ can likely be cracked but that it is a lengthy process and they will not release a crack until they are 100% sure it will work.

BD+ can revoke keys, but I would assume the slysoft team would not release a solution until they were sure this would not pose a problem.

Woops, bk1987 posted while I w sstill writing my message.

Hi Louise welcome to the Forums. I would recommend using the search function, wou will find a vast number of threads relating to the subject. To save you the time:

James, Peer and the rest of the Slysoft team have stated that BD+ can likely be cracked but that it is a lengthy process and they will not release a crack until they are 100% sure it will work.

BD+ can revoke keys, but I would assume the slysoft team would not release a solution until they were sure this would not pose a problem.

at this point atleast you can still rip and play BD+ disks with pwr dvd 3319a

While usually I try not to get involved in all the BD+ questions, I found this part of the original poster's question a little alarming:

I know AACS can not be cracked, so new keys have to be found constantly.

AACS can be cracked. The encryption scheme can be updated - meaning that your crack that will permanently unlock all current discs can be (theoretically) temporarily beaten with a new revision. However, that doesn't mean that "new keys have to be found" constantly - or at all for that matter. It just depends on how exactly you want to go about decrypting the content. Slysoft's main reason for allowing their customers to decrypt discs via "constantly updated keys" is, to my knowledge, to prevent competitors from ripping-off their work.

You do not always need to crack a protection scheme, you need to find a way around it...

While usually I try not to get involved in all the BD+ questions, I found this part of the original poster's question a little alarming:

I know AACS can not be cracked, so new keys have to be found constantly.

AACS can be cracked. The encryption scheme can be updated - meaning that your crack that will permanently unlock all current discs can be (theoretically) temporarily beaten with a new revision. However, that doesn't mean that "new keys have to be found" constantly - or at all for that matter. It just depends on how exactly you want to go about decrypting the content. Slysoft's main reason for allowing their customers to decrypt discs via "constantly updated keys" is, to my knowledge, to prevent competitors from ripping-off their work.

It has NOT been "cracked". Cracking it would imply you don't need to know a key ahead of time to unlock it. Your theory is completely wrong in this case, unfortunately. In order for AACS content to be decrypted, you MUST have a key ahead of time. Now, AACS is fairly complex so it's not just one key you're talking about. There are several involved that get you to the key that ultimately unlocks the content. That is why when you get a new disc that AnyDVD doesn't have a title key for, information from that disc must be sent to the Slysoft server so that it can be combined with a known key to get the title key. Then it is sent back to you so that you can decrypt the title. This is hardly "cracking" AACS. It's simply unlocking it. (Not that I'm implying that's simple. To date, Slysoft is the only ones to have done so for MKB v4) There is a BIG difference.

Is there no way to use the Cyberlink Decoders for a Graph for BD+ ? Or Patching the Filters that we can use it in Graphedit ?

As I explained in PM, no. BD+ is a real time protection that decrypts the audio and video streams as they're being played. BD+ must be run in a VM inside PowerDVD. It requires far more than a graph.

at this point atleast you can still rip and play BD+ disks with pwr dvd 3319a

Sorry I'm new at this. Last night I tried to play Pirates of the Car 3 and it would not play from the disc I ripped it and I now can play it with 3319a. Is Pirates3 a BD+ film? When I bought it I knew nothing about BD+. How do you tell from looking at the package if it's BD+? In the future I don't want to buy these discs if I can help it.

Maybe we can make a list

None of the Pirates movies are BD+. To date, as far as I know, only Fox has implemented BD+ on their discs. And apparently they're not even consistent at that. It's not going to be possible to tell from the packaging whether it's BD+ protected or not. It's not like they're going to advertise that as a selling point or something. "All new with BD+!" is not a campaign slogan I expect to see any time soon. ;) However, with Fox it's a fairly good bet that it'll be BD+ protected. Other than that, AnyDVD will tell you in the status window if it finds BD+ protection on a particular disc.

Hi bk1987 and kdssrugby

Thank you very much for your informative posts. I enjoyed reading them very much :)

BD+ sure is a strange kind of animal!

Hugs,
Louise

The question is not "can" the question is "when" will BD+ be cracked. And I hate it to wait that long. I know Slysoft is working on it and it takes time because of the reconstruction of the VM.

But I feel like a small child 3 days before christmas. I want to have my toy :D :D

To date, as far as I know, only Fox has implemented BD+ on their discs. And apparently they're not even consistent at that.
Well I'm guessing that some of their authoring staff can do BD+, and other's can't - it probably depends on who they give their disc for authoring to. At any rate, BD+ is just code, it'll be defeated - probably first by Slysoft, and then someone else will work out how to do it too somewhere down the line - just like someone else will eventually work out how to decrypt MKB v4, eventually (probably around the time Slysoft decrypts MKB v5!)

bump, status?... cringing waiting for the loyal crowds' backlash... :bowdown:

bump, status?... cringing waiting for the loyal crowds' backlash... :bowdown:

The universe is slightly older than the last time a status was asked for, however, if you're looking for an updated status there isn't one. They are still working on it. Nothing has been released so you didn't miss anything.

The universe is slightly older than the last time a status was asked for, however, if you're looking for an updated status there isn't one. They are still working on it. Nothing has been released so you didn't miss anything.
Well said, but at least I can tell you, that we're making good progress.

LMAO - SamuriHL - classic! :D

Also, I may like to point out that BD+ can't be updated, so once it's gone it's gone! :D It's only AACS that can be "updated" through mandatory firmware upgrades. :mad: And people wonder why I don't like BD! :bang:

LMAO - SamuriHL - classic! :D

Also, I may like to point out that BD+ can't be updated, so once it's gone it's gone! :D It's only AACS that can be "updated" through mandatory firmware upgrades. :mad: And people wonder why I don't like BD! :bang:
This is not quite true, there's more than one version of BD+ so if one version gets hacked they can move onto the next then the next.... So it's not a case of once this one has been beaten that it's over, it's only over for that one version

Back