• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can anything be done about this?

jpmccusa

I've been having trouble with some films (especially from the Far East but not limited to that source) as follows: on copies, I can no longer change or activate subtitles without going through the menu, rather than using the remote. This is quite a pain, as you have to stop the film and go to the menu, and if you've made a feature-only disc, the subtitles won't be available (except sometimes through the DVD player's setup menu). Is there some way to retain the functionality of remote control of subtitles, and better still of adding it to discs wherein the original disc gives us a rough time about remote access to subtitles. I use DVDShrink for the various changes mentioned here. It usually happens when I reduce the number of subtitle tracks available.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
I've been having trouble with some films (especially from the Far East but not limited to that source) as follows: on copies, I can no longer change or activate subtitles without going through the menu, rather than using the remote. This is quite a pain, as you have to stop the film and go to the menu, and if you've made a feature-only disc, the subtitles won't be available (except sometimes through the DVD player's setup menu). Is there some way to retain the functionality of remote control of subtitles, and better still of adding it to discs wherein the original disc gives us a rough time about remote access to subtitles. I use DVDShrink for the various changes mentioned here. It usually happens when I reduce the number of subtitle tracks available.

Thanks for any help!

How about posting a log files so we know what is going on?? And which program are you using Anydvd or dvdshrink from the read of it sounds like your talking only about dvdshrink something not related to slysoft software....

Not quite

It's not just a Shrink problem --- often I get discs which even on the computer you can't change the subtitles with the right click (WinDVD5), but have to go back to the menu. This often applies to the original disc as well as backups. These are almost invariably from the Far East.

I'm attaching 4 log files, which give the original and back logs for two films. In these, the Danish and Japanese subtitles have been removed with Shrink, and as a result, the remote can no longer select English subtitles.

Both backups include the menus, but I think I removed extras from the Japanese film with VOBblanker, but if I were to do a feature-only disc of either film, I'd be unable to access the English subtitles. Why is this a problem? because you I can't change the language settings in the full disc version of Shrink to include the extra subtitles and then make a feature-only copy --- language selection defaults to English-only.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.6.1_Info_F_DVD_OMFAVN_ORIG.zip
    60.3 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_6.6.6.1_Info_F_DVD_OMFAVN_BACKUP.zip
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_6.6.6.1_Info_F_HAKASE_NO_AISHITA_SUUSHIKI_ORIG.zip
    107.3 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_6.6.6.1_Info_F_HAKASE_NO_AISHITA_SUUSHIKI_BACKUP.zip
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
I don't think it's an issue with AnyDVD OR DVDShrink.
Some cheaply made disks violate the standards and stream selection gets wierd is all.

-W

Oh, well...

Thanks for thinking about this --- pity, though!

Back