• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can a two year license be upgraded to lifetime at a later date?

MCalca1706

Can a two year license be upgraded to lifetime at a later date?
I contacted Slysoft right after Christmas but have yet to receive a response and the expiration of the discount is coming soon.

Thank You

Thnaks for the Responses

He want to know how he can upgrade the license before it expire, so it is not covered in the sticky. Also the sticky was created before CloneBD was created.

I meant to say that I needed to know, if the Clone BD License, (for example a two year) once purchased, can later be upgraded to a lifetime one and I needed to know before the discount for buying Clone BD ends after January 18th.
I will try contacting the software developer directly at the link provided.
Thank you for the responses.

Slysoft sent me very helpful and informative responses to all my questions

I did, thank you so much for the very helpful link. I hope they get back to me before January 18th.

Based on the very helpful responses to my questions I intend to buy a lifetime license before the 18th of this month. I may also hear from Elby before then. I have dealt with numerous companies about computing and electronic products, over several decades and I must say, that I was very impressed with the responses.

Thanks again for the link

Still have not heard from Elby only from Slysoft (The Trial Should be Extended)

Unfortunately, the more I read about the experiences or others on this forum the more doubt I have about spending the money for this program.
The trial should be extended past the 18th because so many users are having problems. I am kind of back on the fence! I trust Slysoft but I'm not sure about Elby.

I would suggest that rewritable Blu Ray discs be used, until this program is working properly, so as to not to waste money on expensive coasters. If these work correctly then copy them to permanent media.

Can we please hear more from users for whom the program is working, to give the rest of us some hope. There are so many negative experiences, that it's starting to sound like a disaster! We have waited so long for this program and this is really disappointing! I really hope they eventually get this program working as well as Any DVD and Clone DVD and the sooner the better.

Unfortunately, the more I read about the experiences or others on this forum the more doubt I have about spending the money for this program.
The trial should be extended past the 18th because so many users are having problems. I am kind of back on the fence! I trust Slysoft but I'm not sure about Elby.

I would suggest that rewritable Blu Ray discs be used, until this program is working properly, so as to not to waste money on expensive coasters. If these work correctly then copy them to permanent media.

Can we please hear more from users for whom the program is working, to give the rest of us some hope. There are so many negative experiences, that it's starting to sound like a disaster! We have waited so long for this program and this is really disappointing! I really hope they eventually get this program working as well as Any DVD and Clone DVD and the sooner the better.

You want to read more here...

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?62548-CloneBD-issues
And see the reply here as well..
Post #6

Last edited:
You want to read more here...

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?62548-CloneBD-issues
And see the reply here as well..
Post #6

Elby got back to me before the discount deadline. Based on my positive experiences with Slysoft & Elby products, in the past and recently, I took a leap of faith. It's good to be able to test without that very annoying watermark ruining the output. I will be using Blu Ray rewritable discs when I burn to disc until I feel the program is reliable enough. I do not want to waste money and time making coasters!

Thanks to all who commented.

Timely Reply from Elby (I hope this not against any rules) I purchased the Lifetime

Thank you for your e-mail.

There is, if you purchase a two-year subscription, an automated renewal option within the Avangate payment system and that is for now the only option that has been set so far. That might change at a later date.

We understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience caused. CloneBD will be updated and improved constantly, until it reaches the same level of overall satisfactory results as CloneDVD and then it will depend on whether or not there is anything that needs to be done to release an update. CloneDVD does not have to be updated, as it works perfetly for about 97% of our customers and the rest uses the beta version in the SlySoft forum. The burning speed will be addressed as soon as possible and we will, of course, implement the following changes in a timely manner:

Known issues:
-------------
- Some old GPU drivers on Windows XP produce artifacts when transcoding
- Super fast switching between audio tracks in preview player may lead to silence or wrong language
- Some hardware players may have problems with chapter markers of compressed discs
- On some titles the transcoding seams to be stuck for a few seconds, a fallback algorithm will resolve the issue after about 15 seconds

Upcoming changes and features:
------------------------------
- Full 3D support in compressed discs
- Full 3D support in matroska files
- Full subtitle support in matroska and MP4 files
- Support for DVD output (downscaled to SD naturally)
- Support for DLNA
- Support for BDAV (BDs created by recorder)
- Improved support for all new codecs, like WebM, HEVC, AAC+, FLAC, ...

It is very important to us that there is no link to any possible abuse with copies created during the trial version (and afterwards of course) of our software. That is what the watermark is for.

Known issues:
-------------
- Some old GPU drivers on Windows XP produce artifacts when transcoding
- Super fast switching between audio tracks in preview player may lead to silence or wrong language
- Some hardware players may have problems with chapter markers of compressed discs
- On some titles the transcoding seams to be stuck for a few seconds, a fallback algorithm will resolve the issue after about 15 seconds

Upcoming changes and features:
------------------------------
- Full 3D support in compressed discs
- Full 3D support in matroska files
- Full subtitle support in matroska and MP4 files
- Support for DVD output (downscaled to SD naturally)
- Support for DLNA
- Support for BDAV (BDs created by recorder)
- Improved support for all new codecs, like WebM, HEVC, AAC+, FLAC, ...

"Known Issues" Is not comforting at all.
I have 3 computers XPSP3/AMD Phenom/ATI GPU, Win7/Intel 2600K/ATI GPU, Win8/AMD FX-8350/NVIDIA-SLI-Cuda GPU
I have not yet been able to complete a single MP4 or MKV BD ripping - Logs were posts here and emailed to support.

My issues doesn't seem to relate to the known ones... Meaning they will not get fixed in the next release (again).
Because if the team doesn't "know" about it - Well they can't fix it... Right?

And I apologize for not having handled my license as I should. My current go to machine is the Win8, planB is Win7 and planC is XP
Currently I have CloneBD installed on all 3 and I don't plan to remove it from PlanB and PlanC until it works on my main computer.
As I try each releases in that order If PlanA fails then if PlanB fails then PlanC.
My samples are an old BD (There is something about Mary) and a new one (Guardians of the Galaxy)
So far, 3 releases x 3 plans x 2 BD = 18 time consuming disappointments.
But I keep the faith although my hope for seeing improvement in the next release are low.

Last edited:
"Known Issues" Is not comforting at all.
I have 3 computers XPSP3/AMD Phenom/ATI GPU, Win7/Intel 2600K/ATI GPU, Win8/AMD FX-8350/NVIDIA-SLI-Cuda GPU
I have not yet been able to complete a single MP4 or MKV BD ripping - Logs were posts here and emailed to support.

My issues doesn't seem to relate to the known ones... Meaning they will not get fixed in the next release (again).
Because if the team doesn't "know" about it - Well they can't fix it... Right?
Wrong. Your issue may not be "known" simply because Elby hasn't figured out its cause yet; that doesn't mean it's not being worked on. Patience, young grasshopper; all will be revealed in due time. :D

Wrong. Your issue may not be "known" simply because Elby hasn't figured out its cause yet; that doesn't mean it's not being worked on. Patience, young grasshopper; all will be revealed in due time. :D

Waow, a problem doesn't qualify as such until the cause is found?
Most politicians and lawyers would agree with you but I don't.

Dear customer, you can buy this car. According to our tests there are no know issues with it.
(It doesn't brake, it doesn't steer and thank God, it doesn't start either - But we don't know why, thus no know issues) :bang:

Last edited:
So far I have been able to convert Any DVD HD ISO Images to MKV or MP4 Files 3-4Times

So far I have only been able to convert Any DVD HD ISO Images to MKV or MP4 Files about 3 times successfully. I have not tried to burn to Blu Ray disc yet but I purchased Blu Ray Rewritables for testing. The only disc I tried to burn, with the 1st version of CLone BD, a DVD+R DL, would only play on the computer Blu Ray Recorder but not on Two Blu Ray stand alone players from Sony and Samsung. Blu Ray coasters are too expensive!

System Dell 8300
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz Number of processor cores 4
Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6670
Gaming graphics 6903 MB Total available graphics memory
Primary hard disk 400GB Free (1847GB Total)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Display adapter type AMD Radeon HD 6670
Total available graphics memory 6903 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB

Display adapter driver version 13.251.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080
DirectX version DirectX 10
Good Luck to Us all

Last edited:
Back