• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cable companies using irdeto

Benker

My cable company suspended my internet service. I have to sign and acknowledgement agreement before they would restore it. There was a movie downloaded from a torrent site and it was reported by IRDETO. I'm not sure how this works or exactly how they monitor what you download. Because if someone downloads a CAM recording, then there should not be any type of security codes on the disk. So, this must be done some other way. Does anyone here have an understanding on how IRDETO is being used by the cable companies and how are they using it to identify the content you are downloading? Cable companies are now starting to use this. Be aware that if you do download movies, your internet service can be cut off and if it happens more than 3 times, you could be banned from having internet service from that company..

Drop them indeed. I don't know how it gets done but it is possible to trace a torrent, which is why it's a dangerous method to use when downloading things. There are plenty of better and faster methods. Don't sign anything, and if they won't restore your internet then don't pay them anymore either. They're not providing a service you pay for, it's that simple.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Benker, which country do you live in and which company is your (former) ISP? If you live in France, it likely isn't your ISP to blame, but the former Président Sarkozy who pushed the HADOPI law.

Irdeto is a company that lives from DRM, watermarking and anti-piracy stuff like that.

My cable company suspended my internet service. I have to sign and acknowledgement agreement before they would restore it. There was a movie downloaded from a torrent site and it was reported by IRDETO. I'm not sure how this works or exactly how they monitor what you download. Because if someone downloads a CAM recording, then there should not be any type of security codes on the disk. So, this must be done some other way. Does anyone here have an understanding on how IRDETO is being used by the cable companies and how are they using it to identify the content you are downloading? Cable companies are now starting to use this. Be aware that if you do download movies, your internet service can be cut off and if it happens more than 3 times, you could be banned from having internet service from that company..

Did you get the full details of how and home did the snooping on your internet? That would be my first question to the ISP company whom and where did it come from? You have a right to know that information. And if they can't or won't provide it then they falsely terminated your ISP connection without proof or cause. Also did they make sure it was you and not somewhere else that has happened they make claim it was you but found out it was the wrong person or IP. And can you post the IRDETO that they sent you minus your personal info and name...so we can see what it really says and how much is fact and what is based on assumption????

Back