• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Buying decision help please

mysubs

Like so many others, I am down to the wire and have some questions.

Does Game Jackal Enterprise require a copy of Game Jackal Pro?

Between myself, my wife, and my kids, we have multiple computers in the house. I also have a netbook that I use as my game machine when I am away from home. Will GJE allow me to run games on all of these machines (with sufficient client licenses, of course)? I can lock myself into one machine for games that require GJ but would rather not have to and I don't have enough money left after Christmas to buy multiple copies of GJP :D

Some of my games are really old and are likely to not work on Windows 7. For those, I intend to use a Windows XP virtual machine to run the game (and may do that for other games just to keep my actual PC clean). Will GJP and/or GJE work with VM's? Is a separate license required?

Does GJE require a server operating system or will Windows 7 x64 Home Premium do?

Is there anything that GJP can do that GJE can't?

I intend to make ISO's of the CD's and try to install them from the ISO's. Is that likely to work?

My netbook uses Windows 7, has a dual processor, and nVidia graphics. So far it has done well with the online games that I play. Does anyone have exprience with GJ on an Asus 1215N (or Asus 1210N) or any other netbook that can provide feedback?

Thanks to all.

Last edited:
Unless you are running game cafe you don't need Game Jackal Enterprise. Go for Pro version.

Yes you can run on notebook as well, but you will need to create profile of game on each computer you want to play it on. Also if your notebook meet minimum requirement of game jackal then I don't see why it won't work.

Old games may work if you set program compablity to windows xp in windows 7 properties.

Game Jackal Pro has every feature which enterprise has except anything related to central management.

When you create profile make sure you use original disc not iso of disc.

Last edited:
Does Game Jackal Enterprise require a copy of Game Jackal Pro?
Sorry, I dont know this one.

Between myself, my wife, and my kids, we have multiple computers in the house. I also have a netbook that I use as my game machine when I am away from home. Will GJE allow me to run games on all of these machines (with sufficient client licenses, of course)? I can lock myself into one machine for games that require GJ but would rather not have to and I don't have enough money left after Christmas to buy multiple copies of GJP
That is what it is intended to do.

Some of my games are really old and are likely to not work on Windows 7. For those, I intend to use a Windows XP virtual machine to run the game (and may do that for other games just to keep my actual PC clean). Will GJP and/or GJE work with VM's?
Don't know this one either

Is a separate license required?
Shouldn't be, it is the same machine

Does GJE require a server operating system or will Windows 7 x64 Home Premium do?
That is a server class OS.

Is there anything that GJP can do that GJE can't?
From the GJE page: "All the features of the basic product plus some fantastic additions." Sounds like GJP is a subset.

I intend to make ISO's of the CD's and try to install them from the ISO's. Is that likely to work?
Depending on the game it will probably not work. Better to install from the original.

My netbook uses Windows 7, has a dual processor, and nVidia graphics. So far it has done well with the online games that I play. Does anyone have exprience with GJ on an Asus 1215N (or Asus 1210N) or any other netbook that can provide feedback?
Nope me no have laptop. lol

Back